Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: "Can u repeat the rule one more time please?"
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"From the KSU web site: Although Kent State coaches verbally questioned the score and got a response from the official after the third period, the NCAA contends that a challenge flag needed to be raised."

THIS IS bureaucratic GARBAGE!!!!! its too early to drink but i was so mad i just ate a big dish of ice cream to calm my nerves. To quote from the movie Network, "Im mad as Hell and i'm not going to take it anymore!!"

...well just WHAT was that officials response??

...challenge flag, yes, i get it BUT if a coach was at the table why wouldnt an official ask him "Do u want to challenge"? in the heat of battle seems like the civil thing to do.

...Instead of watching the Kent coach walk away and muttering under breath "thank good he didnt throw the flag, the truth would have come out."

...ESPN doing good job of protecting the ref, they said many times "The escape wasnt scored" Thats passive tense as all English majors know. --Duh, well did the ref raise one finger or did the table miss it??? tell us, we couldnt see it from camera angle.

...AND to exacerbate things, this Amin dude they have comentating drove me NUTS. Constant repetitive trite utterances, nonstop babbling-- painstakingly time & again repeating the rules until my head throbbed. In an NFL game does the announcer tell us time and again "You get 4 downs to make 10 yards, if you don't here are your options -- -- -- "?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

I don't understand how the NCAA could find the refs made an error and not rectify the issue. Ian Miller won the match! How hard is it to make the correction? If this happen in the finals would it lead to the same result? A lot of questions not many answers.

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

The official NCAA response:

The NCAA Division I Wrestling Committee met to discuss the scoring error in the match between Brian Realbuto (Cornell) and Ian Miller (Kent State), and our determination was that there is a protocol in place for coaches to challenge errors in a match via the coach's challenge (Rule 3.21.2 b). Kent State had challenges remaining and did not raise the challenge flag to declare an error in the match, therefore the resulting Cornell victory stands."

Matt Whisenant – chair of the 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Committee

Here's my official response:

You suck. How can this not be resolved correctly?

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Late in the match the announcers kept saying Realbuto got a takedown and 3 backs which confused me cause the official made no swipes. The NCAA officials are cowards for not correcting this. What a shame.

Todd Carpenter added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

The most disapointing thing to me is that they had a chance to get it right and choice not to. You mess it up once, ok. you mess it up when you have a chance to correct an egregious error. No excuse.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

I loathe officials.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

speaking of officials.....the disparity in how refs call stalling is ridiculous......

how can one official not call stalling at all in martin's OT match he lost, yet another official call Demas twice in the 1st period in his match today......

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I loathe officials."

I loathe the NCAA in general:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764388-NCAA-Explains-Miller-v-Realbuto-Controversy#.VQyWsDTF938

(pleeeeez, spare us debate on "stalling", its so futile and tedious.)

WHY would ESPN interview Cornell asst coach Damion Hahn and chairman Whisenhut immediately after the decision?? how dull and uninformative.-- Instead interview a Kent coach and let's just see how the decision is being received there & his opinion of what transpired. We might learn something.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"(pleeeeez, spare us debate on "stalling", its so futile and tedious.)

WHY would ESPN interview Cornell asst coach Damion Hahn and chairman Whisenhut immediately after the decision?? how dull and uninformative.-- Instead interview a Kent coach and let's just see how the decision is being received there & his opinion of what transpired. We might learn something."

I suspect they were asked, but too enraged to respond.

WHY would ESPN interview Cornell asst coach Damion Hahn and chairman Whisenhut immediately after the decision?? how dull and uninformative.-- Instead interview a Kent coach and let's just see how the decision is being received there & his opinion of what transpired. We might learn something."

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764386-Ian-Miller-Scoring-Debacle#.VQybmTTF938

Playing Devil's Advocate:

If you were Realbuto's coach, would you have screamed "Bloody Murder!" because Andrassy didn't use the proper protocol (i.e. the flag) if they had changed the result?

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"

I suspect they were asked, but too enraged to respond."

Coach A's interview is on Flo.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Playing Devil's Advocate:

If you were Realbuto's coach, would you have screamed "Bloody Murder!" because Andrassy didn't use the proper protocol (i.e. the flag) if they had changed the result?"

No.

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

" Coach A's interview is on Flo."

i saw it, so why not on ESPN? after all the ESPN crew admitted they thought there was a 5 point move at the end so they were really in the dark. And they never mentioned the score was wrong after the escape not counted.

The Amin dude too busy talking. Whats the over/under on how many times he will repeat the rule tonite???

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next