Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: "Can u repeat the rule one more time please?"
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Playing Devil's Advocate:

If you were Realbuto's coach, would you have screamed "Bloody Murder!" because Andrassy didn't use the proper protocol (i.e. the flag) if they had changed the result?"

No."

Me neither.

And I tend to think most WRESTLING coaches would not due to the essence of what it means to be a wrestler.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

This entire situation is a joke, the NCAA scoring committee is a joke, and Matt Whisenant is a joke. I am beyond angry. If I was Andrassy, I don't think that I would have the composure to control myself.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

I think this whole situation is a joke and Miller got screwed. You would think that logical, right minded men could correct an injustice. The director of the committee kept blaming the coaches. TAKE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY! It was the scorers fault!

HOWEVER, it should have never come down to this. Miller completely stopped wrestling. He dominated the whole match but tried to coast to the finish, can't do that against top notch kids!

Still, #freeianmiller

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"I think this whole situation is a joke and Miller got screwed. You would think that logical, right minded men could correct an injustice. The director of the committee kept blaming the coaches. TAKE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY! It was the scorers fault!

HOWEVER, it should have never come down to this. Miller completely stopped wrestling. He dominated the whole match but tried to coast to the finish, can't do that against top notch kids!

Still, #freeianmiller"

#freeianmiller had better be trending on Twitter tonight.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

This is leadership at its worst, they let down Ian in favor of officials and the only form of protest, a little flag. If rob koll had self respect and character he would show his athletes what it's like to do the right thing, as winning can't be more important than the rare opportunity to right a wrong,

For those that want to play devils advocate, this isn't the place, this is not about opinions and personal preference, it's about what's right, it's why we love wrestling, it's supposed to be in your hands, it was and Ian won, yet the powers decided to be cowards and let this stand. It doesn't matter that it's Ian, because if it was any body this site and the people on it would be saying the same thing, the fact that it's Ian makes most feel worse, tough person and we love seeing him compete.

Bob I love your intensity, it's justified and spot on.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

"Playing Devil's Advocate:

If you were Realbuto's coach, would you have screamed "Bloody Murder!" because Andrassy didn't use the proper protocol (i.e. the flag) if they had changed the result?"

No."

Me neither.

And I tend to think most WRESTLING coaches would not due to the essence of what it means to be a wrestler."

That's my whole point. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and done too many things that I regret to mention, but this sport taught me that when you win you win and when you lose, you know it. If you're Cornell (coach or wrestler) you don't take that win.

We all have seen wrestlers "stay down" on a slam...and we all know it's wrong. Call me old fashion or self-righteous, but we're better than that.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

To add insult to injury, Ness injury defaults and Realbuto gets a pass to the finals. Realbuto is good. No putdown intended. Strange irony...

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Seemed like the scoring was messed up early in that match.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

He'll really need some help to beat IMar. That kid a going to take over where Logan leaves off. Sorry, but he just may be better than our big 3 (I hate admitting that). And yes, I do think he is pound for pound better than Dieringer.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Maybe if they don't count Martinez's escapes, then Realbuto can win? Or if he injures Martinez's shoulder? Stranger things have happened.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Maybe the worst part is that it says 11-9 on the bracket.

They should at least correct it to say 11-10. Miller scored 10 points! Maybe the score sheet says "zero point escape"?

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Miller wins his next two matches (23-6 and 8-4) and has a rematch with Green. Of course, Ness defaults in the 1st and Realbuto advances to the final.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"Miller wins his next two matches (23-6 and 8-4) and has a rematch with Green. Of course, Ness defaults in the 1st and Realbuto advances to the final."

Amazing win on one leg.

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Steve Lester's post:

"

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"Miller wins his next two matches (23-6 and 8-4) and has a rematch with Green. Of course, Ness defaults in the 1st and Realbuto advances to the final."

Amazing win on one leg."

Indeed. Hopefully he is close to 100% for Green. Ian is showing a lot of heart since #millergate.

Kyle Klotz added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

I am amazed that no one remembers the 2006 Blake Maurer OH st vs Gabriel Dretsch Minn. match at NCAAs. There was a reffing error made and 45 minutes later they re-wrestled from the spot of the error. Originally Maurer won, but after restarting Dretsh won 6-1. They said nothing like this happened before, but it has. I tweeted NCAA_wrestling, Kent State, and Zeb Miller, but I doubt they saw them :(

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next