Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Mizzu: flagrant misconduct
Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Wow, flagrant misconduct (head butt) called on Eblin of Mizzu, minus three team points plus lost any points he'd scored in the tourney. Wow.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"Wow, flagrant misconduct (head butt) called on Eblin of Mizzu, minus three team points plus lost any points he'd scored in the tourney. Wow."

they are now reporting the points he earned (3) plus 1 additional team point for a total of 4 team points lost.

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Did anyone see this happen? What's the story?

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

I saw it on ESPNU, full speed, so didn't have the benefit of replay. But long story short, he was down maybe 9 to 5, short time left, like maybe five seconds when they went out of bounds. On the restart, he charged at the other guy and appeared to drop his head into the other guy's forehead, then blew through him toward out of bounds. Ref immediately called time, sent the wrestlers to their respective corners, reviewed it for a minute or three, and then made the call.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

On a similar note, did anyone see Michael Depalma's loss to Langenderfer? Very strange.

Depalma was doing well leading something like 11-6 when he got poked in the eye and had a contact lens come out. He tried to put it back in, but Coach Andrassy told him to get back on the mat. Depalma was pretty distracted, only seeing out of one eye, so he immediately got taken down to his back and pinned. Depalma yelled "I lost" at his coaches and threw his headgear at them, before going back to the center of the mat. KSU was deducted a team point.

I've never seen that before, especially at the national tournament. I hope it was just a heat of the moment thing and they can get along after this.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 20, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I once coached a kid named Brian Campbell. Eagle Scout...great work ethic...and a dangerous wrestler. Lightning lateral drop and a nice low single. But he was not a great wrestler. Just didn't have the background. He beat the bad guys and pretty good guys but just didn't have the finesse when matched up against the top notch guys.

He's in the cons at districts and doing well. But his go to state opponent was likely to be a returning placer. This young man was going to lose in the semis to a pretty good wrestler from St Eds named Mike Kulzcyki. Well, MK is mauling this kid and just as the match is about to be called due to Tech Fall, the kid bites Kulzcyki. This kid gets tossed out of the tournament and Brian gets a forfeit in his cons match and qualifies for state.

Sometimes the wrestling gods smile upon you. And sometimes you get pancaked from the opposite side with 12 seconds to go."

I never thought about the other side of this bracket. I was the asst official in the match where MK was bitten. Because I was at the tail end of the wrestlers, I never saw what happened BUT I did see MK jump up and scream about the bite.
John Heffernan was a little upset as I recall.

► Add to the Discussion