Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA Brackets
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Waters #1 will have to get through Peters and Delgado to make semi's
Tomasello #4

Johnni #4

Logan #1
Carter #4

Hunter has #14 seed first then #3 David Habat

Demas has Kelly first and then Murphy 2 winnable matches

Bo #5 gets Palacio round 2 and Sulzer in qtrs.

Martin #10 get Epperly in round 2 and Mat Brown round 3 if he wins

Courts gets Zillmer first and Pfarr next if he wins

Snyder is #4 Seed.

Tavenello vs. Walz first round

http://i.turner.NCAA.com/dr/NCAA/ncaa7/release/sites/default/files/images/2015/03/11/initialbrackets.pdf

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Brewer somehow the #13 seed will likely face JDJ in the second round.

But, even if he loses that match he looks to be in good shape to face Beckman or Gulibon in the consis for AA.

Seeds:

Nate - #4
JDJ - #4
Logan - #1
Hunter - Unseeded
Demas - #6
BoJo - #5
Martin - #10
Courts - Unseeded
Snyder - #4
Tav - Unseeded

John Ice added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Cody Brewer is a tough draw for Johnni

Habat has to get by Kindig first round

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Assuming NaTo wins the first 2 matches he'd have (assuming seeds hold up and no upsets) Boyle in the quarters. Boyle is the one who beat Gilman of Iowa in the National Duals. So, that's certainly no gimme. In this weight, though, I think he got as good of a draw as he could have possibly hoped for.

133, JDJ wouldn't see Schopp or Dardanes until the Semi's. That's awesome. Brewer beat Hall (ISU) in the Big XII (or should I say Big IV) finals this past weekend. So, the kid is still good. However, I still like JDJ in this one. There's something about going through the B1G grinder that I believe will give him the edge in this one...if he doesn't get ridden.

141...kind of think Carter got ripped off here. Not sure why Mayes is 3rd and he's 4th but whatever.

149...I'll go ahead and say it...I'm not a big fan of Hunter's draw. I know we can't expect anything given how few matches he's wrestled but he's got a tough one right away (Ruggirello of Hofstra) and then either Habat or the returning NCAA runner up Kindig in round 2. Assuming he gets past them, he'd either have Pantaleo of ttun or Claxton of Ohio. If he finishes in the top 8 w/ one arm and the draw he's gotten I'll be amazed.

157 - I hope Josh brings his offense as he's going to need it right out of the gate. Sure, I don't believe Kelly is an AA caliber wrestler but he's still got grit and that is enough to steal quite a few matches. After that, I'd assume he would have Murphy from ttun. I believe that one is also very winnable for Josh.

165..Bo is seeded pretty much where we expected. I wasn't sure if Isaac or Sulzer would be #3 but I'm kind of glad it was Isaac as #3 so we wouldn't have another Jordan family reunion in the quarters. Bo's 2nd round matchup against (presumably) Dylan Palacio of Cornell will be quite interesting.

174...I'd love to see Martin stick it to Epperly (VT) in the 2nd round as repayment for the dual. Martin has been wrestling well and he knows what Epperly will do so I believe he can certainly turn the tables on Epperly. It's not like the first one was a blow out as it was decided by a bad move on Mark's part in double OT.

184...Courts has 2 tough potential matches right out of the gates. I don't know anything about his first round guy other than the obvious (he's seeded 6th). Should he win that one he's likely to face Pfarr of Minnesota (who he lost 7-2 @ the B1Gs) in what would be big for the team race implications.

197...all signs point to Kyle having to go through Schiller of Minnesota in the quarters in order to secure an AA spot and a matchup w/ Cox in the semis.

285...A healthy Tav would find this draw tough. I don't know the physical condition of Tav right now. If all he lacks is mat time then I actually like Tav's odds of making the quarters. He's got Waltz of VT first round (lost in OT I believe during the dual) and then likely Black of Illinois who defeated him at the B1G's 5-4. If Tav is healthy and the rust is knocked off then I think Tav can get into the quarters. His 1st round will be really tough, though.

I admit I am looking at things w/ my Scarlet and Gray glasses on but outside of possibly 149 and 184 I believe it is very realistic to see the remaining 8 in the championship quarterfinals. That's not me saying it WILL happen. I just believe they are fully capable of winning those matches. After that, it's a crap shoot...and one I hope we win more often than not.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

125- great draw for Tomasello! I would rather have Boyle as a quarter match than Delgado, kilmara, Peter's, or Gilman...he could get bonus the first two-maybe 3 rounds

133- like he's in the top half and not the bottom which looks brutal. Could get bonus first round. 2nd round worries me with brewer. I know he's beat him before and he has an injury but I'm sure it will be close. schopp and dardanes could meet in the quarters...i think Johnni can win that side if he's on....not gonna catch any of those guys by suprise since they all familiar...hope johnni repeats his big ten performance

141-love the draw! Should easily pin or tech first two...could pin take quarter match unless it's nick Lawrence...if deziwa makes it past carter we know what happens there...if not... A major of carter is possible

149- Not that bad of a draw as of first sight...definitely should have been seeded though. Should meet the winner of habat and kindig who both are injured as well! Who's the healthiest may be the difference. I hope Hunter gains some elbow strength because he is really going to need his low double. Crazy that 3 guys ranked in the top 8 are in 4 squares next to each other in a 32 man bracket with a number 3 seed and a finalist wrestling first round! Brutal...

157- don't like josh draw at all....he has to go through a very familiar big ten. Wish he would have gotten somebody out of the league first. Could easily lose to kelly or Murphy...could easily dominate both...making it to ness would be huge (assuming he gets to the quarters)

165- that big ten final was huge! Definitely like Isaacs draw much better! He could get bonus first round and then possibly face palacio, then Sulzer, then deiringer! Ouch!!! 5 is the worst top 7 seed in the bracket to me. Hope that loss motivated him to come out hungry!

174- not a horrible draw for mark! He could be Taylor Massa! Wow...Julson is tough and so is epperly...but the Mark Martin I seen over the weekend is capable of beating both...had to be a great confidence booster. He looked like he is finally peaking and healthy...could suprise a contender.

184-what Kenny shows up??? It's so much parity in 184 I can see him going 0-2 or making or to the semis..if he get pass zilmer...he could possibly have Farr and stauffer who have beat this season!! I would be ecstatic if he got us two wins this weekend....he needs to go all out or don't be suprised to see Myles Martin in the line up next year.

197-like bo his big ten loss have him a much tougher road. However, he should blow through the first two rounds and possibly have shiller in the quarters then maybe cox...instead of burak and maybe gadson...draw is about what was expected...pleased with the first two draws

285- I would ecstatic with a win or two...a run like last year would be huge for the team race..I won't hold my breath though...hopefully he's healthy and can score some pointsz

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Not seeding returning national finalists and champions is ridiculous. I know these guys are injured but that is just silly. To put Delgado, Kindig and Hunter in the blind draw really screws some guys who have had great seasons.

Past accomplishments, while they should not be the only factor, do matter!

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

No gripes from the Buckeyes, as two wildcards on the team — DiJulius and Demas — are seeded to All-America, and Martin is tenth. DiJulius, at No. 4, is actually seeded higher than Bo Jordan and the same as Tomasello and Snyder.

Worth noting: Jesse Delgado and Josh Kindig, both of whom wrestled in last year's NCAA finals, are not seeded. And Edinboro's A.J. Schopp, who was ranked first early in the season, is seeded just ninth at 133 despite a 19-2 record.

The committee LOVES the Big Ten and appeared to place high emphasis on last week's results at the conference tournament.

Remember when we were heartbroken over Nathan Tomasello blowing a lead late against Virginia Tech's Joey Dance? In retrospect, it might have been a good thing. Dance, the third seed, is on track to see Thomas Gilman in the quarterfinals. I prefer Tomasello's possible quarterfinal opponent, Tenn-Chatanooga's Sean Boyle, who began his career at Michigan. That's a match Tomasello can win, although is should be noted Boyle owns a win over Gilman from this year.

I'm scared over Bo Jordan's impending second round match up with Cornell's Dylan Palacio. Palacio is a goer.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Cody Walters, 30-1, MAC Champ, former AA, seeded 9th.

Eblen, from Missouri, who lost to Walters a week ago, seeded 4th. Hmmmmm!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Thought Tomasello got a good draw as well. Did not want to see him take on Gilman in the quarters. But Boyle upset Gilman in a dual. He's tough too.

How is 2x AA Cody Brewer the 13th seed with a 17-1 record? JDJ has beaten him twice so perhaps its a good draw?

The only weight where seeding seemed to go exactly as I expected was 197.

Palacio is a tough potential early opponent for BoJo.

Perhaps Logan's scariest potential matchup, Nick Dardanes, was seeded behind Josh Dweiza even though he has four fewer losses? Man, I know seeding is tough but I don't get that one at all even after an upset win in Big Tens. Anyway, Dardanes is in opposite half. Carter is the 4th seed so that's Logan's potential semi matchup.

3rd seeded David Habat gets Kindig first round? I know JK has been injured but would you want him first if you had a high seed? And if you win--potentially Hunter Stieber next? Who'd Habat piss off?

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Think we got the better of the seedlings....now just gotta wrestle!!!

125 better draw OSU, mizz, Iowa
133 better draw Iowa, OSU, mizz
141better draw OSU, mizz, Iowa
149 better draw mizz, Iowa, OSU
157 better draw OSU, mizz, Iowa
165 better draw osu, Iowa, mizz
174 better draw Iowa, mizz, OSU
184 better draw Iowa, mizz, OSU
197 better draw mizz, osu, Iowa
285 better draw Iowa, OSU, mizz

OSU 21
Iowa 20
Mizz 17

I like Nates draw and see him making the semi's

Johnni got a good draw and could make the semi's

I like Josh draw he has two guys he knows he can beat and I think does

Bo will have a tough second match but if he wins that one I think he gets by Sulzer and looses in semi's

I think Marks win his first 2 but drops the third

If good Kenny shows up he could make the semi's but if bad Kenny shows he is 0-2

I think Snyder makes the semi's

Tavenello got a good draw and I think he wins his first 2

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"Cody Walters, 30-1, MAC Champ, former AA, seeded 9th.

Eblen, from Missouri, who lost to Walters a week ago, seeded 4th. Hmmmmm!"

i just noticed the same thing. That is ridiculous. Not to mention Eblen has lost 5 matches this year.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 11, 2015

[quote="Cory Surles"]125- great draw for Tomasello! I would rather have Boyle as a quarter match than Delgado, kilmara, Peter's, or Gilman...he could get bonus the first two-maybe 3 rounds

141-love the draw! Should easily pin or tech first two...could pin take quarter match unless it's nick Lawrence...if deziwa makes it past carter we know what happens there...if not... A major of carter is possible

Totally agree, NaTo avoids Dance, Gilman & Waters has to probably get by either Peters or Delgado. And Logan avoids Mayes, Dardanes or Port until possible finals showdown. On Logan's side of bracket, possible Carter/Dwziewa showdown, and Logan has handled both in the past. Actually would prefer Dwziewa, he seems the easiest to beat. And glad to see Demas on opposite side to Green. For some reason, he just can't beat Green. IMO he has a better chance vs Ness. For an unseeded guy, Delgado is one dangerous match. He looked pretty good for a guy who missed most of the season. I still think on any given day he could beat anyone.

I know Cody Ruggirello is tough but he isn't ranked in intermats final rankings and 18th in open mats final rankings. I think Hunter wins this one and drops the second one

Looking at Bolyes record he was pinned by. Dance and teched by waters and lost to Moisey but did beat Gillman

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"I know Cody Ruggirello is tough but he isn't ranked in intermats final rankings and 18th in open mats final rankings. I think Hunter wins this one and drops the second one

Looking at Nate's possible matchup with Bolyes he was pinned by. Dance and teched by waters and lost to Moisey but did beat Gillman"

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next