Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Myles Martin Prep Finals Match
Jason Hayes added to this discussion on March 4, 2015

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"Yall are brutal but it's laughable so all good!! KH has always figured it out and he is a very bright kid so my bet is he figures college out!! Kid aint even step foot on campus yet but once he does and start grinding daily with the BIG boys he will be fine!!!!!!! Not all kids wrestle the same way in college as they did in HS and not all kids in HS wrestle as they did in Junior High!! Every level of wrestling requires adjustments and he is dedicated and a hard worker so not even a question whether or not he will be fine"

I think the same way about Myles. Greg, I'll see you in a couple of weeks, the first drink is on me.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 4, 2015

I agree about this being brutal. It's not like an athlete's skill set is set in stone. These guys are dynamic and will adjust to find ways to win matches in college. No?

Arguing about who is more aggressive is awesome though. Keep doing that because it's really constructive.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 4, 2015

Way to go, Myles Martin! Cliff Keen/Flowrestling Athlete of the Week!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 4, 2015

Logan does not push pace as hard as Snyder or Tomasello. His style is to overwhelm opponents. When he can't (think Dardanes, Ramos or Port), he'll protect his lead. Logan can be defensive late in tough matches and there's nothing wrong with this tactic. In fact, it's probably due to his freestyle training.

Brandon Sharples added to this discussion on March 4, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Logan does not push pace as hard as Snyder or Tomasello. His style is to overwhelm opponents. When he can't (think Dardanes, Ramos or Port), he'll protect his lead. Logan can be defensive late in tough matches and there's nothing wrong with this tactic. In fact, it's probably due to his freestyle training."

Also in the title match with JO his freshman year, instead of putting on the track shoes like many thought he would/should have, he engaged JO and got hit with that double. The "controversy" could have been avoided with a more defensive mindset at that time. Maybe this has played a role in his defensive tactics late in close matches?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 15, 2015

Myles wins Dapper Dan 12-4 and is OW for the All-Stars. Can't wait to see him in action at tOSU. And he can RIDE.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 15, 2015

I enjoyed watching Myles today. The Dapper Dan is terrific. Nice job by Flo.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2