Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks v Lehigh
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Letting out my internet scream!) y'all know we would be watching thomasello vs waters right now right??? Smh"

And Snyder vs. Cox

Add to the discussion and quote this      

And now double OT in this women's hoop game seriously come on

Alex Creech added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

I really don't understand some of the negative comments, I won't call anyone out........

not one close match fell the bucks way today......

I like the critique (minus the character attacks) of what some guys could work on.......

not everyone is logan stieber.........appreciate it, we've only got 2 competitions left to watch him in a buckeye singlet

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

Let's give it 24 hours guys.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

Maybe we are all a little guilty of looking past Lehigh. I know I was.Maybe they have pushed a little too hard this year.I know one wrestler that told me they are being pushed really hard,which makes me think about overworking.
Leadership---Tom Ryan has touched on this a couple of times and now you are seeing maybe the truthfullness of his statements about leadership type people.You don't have to look any further than the wins today.You cannot coach heart,and you cannot want it for them.
I love Johnni but will have to agree with Hank. I really believe he could benefit from his two on one because everyone knows whats coming so using that and transition into a low single or double could work. Change it up ..just a little.
I believe we will be ready come big tens...

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

We've seen it from the Buckeyes before. Hiccups during the season but strong performances down the pipe at NCAAs. If he can get those guys to peak strong at Big Tens and the NCAAs, it'll be worth it.

Tweet from Bucks Twitter :No post match press conference. We had 4 bright spots and 6 others who forgot how hard a man must fight to win a match. Big Ten's next. #wt3

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

James: saw the "Hunter Stieber" Yappi post. I lose my faith in humanity from time to time on that forum. Thank God for the #DotNet

Mike Stann added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

[quote="Jason L. Jackson"]I'm glad you're not Tom Ryan as well Hank, because I like you too much to want you fired from your job, like I currently do Mr. Ryan. We've seen the same problems from the Buckeyes for the past 7 years. Lack of offense, just horrendous on bottom and a general lack of conditioning/match awareness/fire.

Nice guys who care a lot get fired all of the time. Tom Brands seems like a real d***, but he looks like he's about to win a national title. Not sure I wouldn't trade what we have for that right now.[quote]

Jrob went 14 years before he won his first. Just sayin

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"James: saw the "Hunter Stieber" Yappi post. I lose my faith in humanity from time to time on that forum. Thank God for the #DotNet"

Yappi is a good site but to many tough
guys hiding behind screen names

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

RE: Tav's match. You might have shot that straight single in HS??, but it ain't gonna work in college. Never get caught under a big guy like that. I just knew he was going to try it after he had kept the match close up to that point. A sweep single, a snap down off front headlock, even a bear hug, but please don't shoot straight under a big guy like that, you don't have a chance.

Mark Martin, Sr. added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

Yes over training is definitely a issue with Tom Ryan he's getting everything out of them in practice and not in matches

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

BTN2Go did a great job in the quarters covering all the action on 4 mats, but when they switched to BTN for the semi's all they showed was one mat, the one with Iowa/Cornell. If I was a Mizz or Lehigh fan, I'd be upset. The least they could have done was put the match on the BTN2Go feed, like the quarters. I thought there would be a split screen like the NCAA semi's use.

Kim Lance added to this discussion on February 21, 2015

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"BTN2Go did a great job in the quarters covering all the action on 4 mats, but when they switched to BTN for the semi's all they showed was one mat, the one with Iowa/Cornell. If I was a Mizz or Lehigh fan, I'd be upset. The least they could have done was put the match on the BTN2Go feed, like the quarters. I thought there would be a split screen like the NCAA semi's use."

Well...it is the BigTen Network.....and I'm not surprised that they showed the BigTen school remaining....

Antony Sharples added to this discussion on February 22, 2015

I'm gonna go ahead and be the first one to publicly say it...maybe Tom Ryan is not the guy to get them to the top. He is a great guy, tremendous at getting donors, etc., but I don't think he is going to get them to the top. I have spoke with people in the program who think he is too soft on the kids. I don't see them developing the guys, and I absolutely cannot fathom that they cannot find the depth in the room to win these duals. I can tell you right now, if you think they are a top 3 team come NCAA tourney time, you are crazy.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next