Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Lineups for OSU meets against Purdue and Rutgers
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 31, 2015

Nick Lawrence was a high state placer for Westlake High School on the Cuyahoga/Lorain County border. Probably worked out a lot with the Stiebers in high school at the Barn in Elyria under the guidance of Erik Burnett. Lawrence has wrestled both Stiebers tough. It's not coincidence whether Logan was 100% or not. To point out what M. Martin Sr already said--It's familiarity.

I hate the "Logan was sick" thing. Gets trotted out every time Logan doesn't maul someone. All we heard last year when Retherford upset him. Retherford turned out to be very good esp. on top. Lawrence wrestled a good match. Credit to him--period.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Ice added to this discussion on January 31, 2015

Win or lose Nick Lawerence has been keeping matches close for a long time.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on January 31, 2015

I think the getting the flu is a valid excuse for under-performing. It can knock anyone down at any age. Hundreds of people die from it every year. Mostly kids and old people.

I think coaches don't mind telling the press when a wrestler is sick as opposed to injured. That's because they'll get over it soon and there's no need for secrecy. It's annoying, but hiding an injury is so that opponents won't exploit the weak spot. I still don't remember if we ever found out what Demas's injury was last year. I'm sure when a wrestler's career is over, they can tell us all their interesting injuries and war stories. Sort of like retiring CIA employees.

Last season, when Logan lost to Retherford, it looked like his gas tank was empty, so that's why I believe the flu story. The next time they met, Stieber won pretty handily. I'm glad he got the flu now instead of in March.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 31, 2015

I thought the telltale point came after Logan took Lawrence down, Nick balled up and wouldn't allow Logan to get any turns. I've seen guys try that but Logan still flattens them out and gets his turns/tilts in. Yesterday he looked content just riding him for the one point RT and just getting the match over and a win.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on February 1, 2015

Kudos to Nick Lawrence. He went out to win. Dude looked like a 157 too.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2