Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: OSU vs. Minnesota
Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"

"Anyone else that was there notice the coaches reaction when Snyder out Schiller on his feet to start the third? Thatcher was looking around like who told him to do that they wanted him to try and ride him. He could have easily won by 4-6 pts.

Logan was in zero trouble of that match till the last 30 seconds. He looked totally gassed."

Snyder could have "easily" won by 4 to 6 points?
Guess I'm not following that."

I don't know if you were there or not but i thought Snyder controled the match and was in deep a 3-4 times and just counldnt finish but if he finds away to finish a couple I those he wins by 4 or so."

James:
Snyder is a an absolute stud, unbelievable that as freshmen, he and Tomasello and Jordan are competing at this level. For gosh sake, none of the three has what by any stretch could be considered a "bad" loss, think Snyder has a couple of tight losses to top five guys, Tomasello has lost only to - and gone to the absolute bone with - top five guys, and Jordan, well has been Jordan, notwithstanding that he's been competing at less than 100%. So I could not be more impressed with these young men, each and every one of them (makes me feel pretty good about our future). But as for Snyder-Schiller, yes I was there. While I agree that Snyder controlled both the ties and the pace (to my recall was in real deep once in the first, and clearly bothered Schiller with his double-underhooks, crowd was looking/hoping for a fleeing and/or another stall call), my sense is that if these two wrestled five times, each match would be quite tight, probably within 1 to 3 points either way. Because Schiller is a total stud, too, to my recall was third and fifth the last two years. Go Bucks.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Martin, Sr. added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

Well for one he has 2 coaches and for two the match would've been tied and gone to o.t

Mark Martin, Sr. added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

I wouldn't call a Olympic training center yr when your not actually competing a redshirt yr but it definitely prepared him for stronger guys.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

"

"

"

"Anyone else that was there notice the coaches reaction when Snyder out Schiller on his feet to start the third? Thatcher was looking around like who told him to do that they wanted him to try and ride him. He could have easily won by 4-6 pts.

Logan was in zero trouble of that match till the last 30 seconds. He looked totally gassed."

I don't know if you were there or not but i thought Snyder controled the match and was in deep a 3-4 times and just counldnt finish but if he finds away to finish a couple I those he wins by 4 or so."

James:
But as for Snyder-Schiller, yes I was there. While I agree that Snyder controlled both the ties and the pace (to my recall was in real deep once in the first, and clearly bothered Schiller with his double-underhooks, crowd was looking/hoping for a fleeing and/or another stall call), my sense is that if these two wrestled five times, each match would be quite tight, probably within 1 to 3 points either way. Because Schiller is a total stud, too, to my recall was third and fifth the last two years. Go Bucks."

Casey you might be right about if they wrestled 5x it might be 1-3 points either way but for this one match I thought Snyder couldn't have won by 4 or more points. I could be wrong (trying to keep my 4 year old entertained) but I remember Snyder being in on a couple of shots that if he finds away to finish could be the 4 pts I'm talking about.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

"

"

"

"

James:
But as for Snyder-Schiller, yes I was there. While I agree that Snyder controlled both the ties and the pace (to my recall was in real deep once in the first, and clearly bothered Schiller with his double-underhooks, crowd was looking/hoping for a fleeing and/or another stall call), my sense is that if these two wrestled five times, each match would be quite tight, probably within 1 to 3 points either way. Because Schiller is a total stud, too, to my recall was third and fifth the last two years. Go Bucks."

Casey you might be right about if they wrestled 5x it might be 1-3 points either way but for this one match I thought Snyder could have won by 4 or more points. I could be wrong (trying to keep my 4 year old entertained) but I remember Snyder being in on a couple of shots that if he finds away to finish could be the 4 pts I'm talking about."

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

" Yes, Dardanes got "screwed" but he was also let down by his coaches. --- ---

When I coached at Cedar Rapids Prairie High School as an assistant we each knew our roles during a dual meet. "

Mike,
right- i realize Dardanes was let down by his coaches who should at all times know the score & time.

btw, since u coached at Cedar Rapids Prairie Iowa, u probably wouldnt dream someone on this ohio forum knows that CRP once had 3 NCAA Div I finalists on the same team there. But i recall it was Barry Davis, Jim Zalesky (all time greats and multiple chanps, and NCAA runnerup Lenny Zalesky.
...s/BobP

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on February 8, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

" Yes, Dardanes got "screwed" but he was also let down by his coaches. --- ---

When I coached at Cedar Rapids Prairie High School as an assistant we each knew our roles during a dual meet. "

Mike,
right- i realize Dardanes was let down by his coaches who should at all times know the score & time.

btw, since u coached at Cedar Rapids Prairie Iowa, u probably wouldnt dream someone on this ohio forum knows that CRP once had 3 NCAA Div I finalists on the same team there. But i recall it was Barry Davis, Jim Zalesky (all time greats and multiple chanps, and NCAA runnerup Lenny Zalesky.
...s/BobP"

Well done wise one

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

If Hunter gets health we will runaway with nationals this year! Think about we have 5 really special wrestlers Logan, Hunter, Bo, NaTo, and Snyder. All of which could be potential finalist if they wrestle to their capability. Then you have JDJ who is such a unique and tough wrestler. Josh is a warrior who knows how to win.M&M was so close to that first signature win over Storely. KC just defeated a kid he lost to 7-2 in Vegas. If Tav comes back health he will be a force to deal with tournament time. The Bucks are Tough and we will be even better next year!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

I don't know if they'll be better next year. It's hard (impossible) to replace a Logan Stieber. But even if they are better, Penn State reloads with their own three Super Freshmen that with fit in nicely at 149/157, 174 and 285, and a very good group of veterans like Megaludis, Conway/Gulibon, Rertherford, Beitz, McCutcheon and McIntosh.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

If Bojo wins out now that sulzer lost, could he be the #2 seed at the national tournament?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"If Bojo wins out now that sulzer lost, could he be the #2 seed at the national tournament?"

If he wins out, I think it's likely he would be the #2 seed.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

A Hunter Stieber that qualifies for nationals and gets even two wins (against lower level Qs) is probably the way to go. If he can find a way to gut out a 7th or 8th, that is a huge boon.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"If he wins out, I think it's likely he would be the #2 seed."

I think Whoever the Big Ten champion is (I. Jordan or B. Jordan) would have a strong case for the #2 seed. Moreno out of Iowa State will be able to make a good case too.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"If he wins out, I think it's likely he would be the #2 seed."

I think Whoever the Big Ten champion is (I. Jordan or B. Jordan) would have a strong case for the #2 seed. Moreno out of Iowa State will be able to make a good case too."

I believe Moreno lost to Moore in their dual.
Never mind. Just saw Moreno won by 2 or 3.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 9, 2015

Moreno lost to Dieringer in a dual meet and to Walsh of Indiana at CKLV, so if Bo Jordan continues to go undefeated I think he justifiably could be the #2 seed.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next