Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: OSU vs. Minnesota
Mike Taylor added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

I was following along on twitter and there seems to be some questions regarding the final scoring sequence in the Logan match. Flo was asking if Dardanes kicked Logan out to lose. First, is this true? Second, what happened in the 3rd for Logan to get dominated like he did? For awhile it appeared as though he'd get the major. Next thing you know he's holding on.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Kim Lance added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Here's the description as provided by another site:

Score was 8-4 Logan; called for stalling for the second time, but they did NOT put the point on the scoreboard. Should be 5-8.

Dardanes td 7-8, but scoreboard shows 6-8.
Escape Logan, 7-9, but board shows 6-9.
Dardanes td makes it 9-9, but board shows 8-9 .. he thinks he needs another td so he let's Logan escape again.
Final score 9-10, but board shows 8-10.

That's what the Minn coaches were discussing before the 149 match ...

Of course Dardanes would not have let Logan escape with 6 seconds left if the scoreboard properly showed 9-9.

Potentially huge break for Logan and OSU.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

"I was following along on twitter and there seems to be some questions regarding the final scoring sequence in the Logan match. Flo was asking if Dardanes kicked Logan out to lose. First, is this true? Second, what happened in the 3rd for Logan to get dominated like he did? For awhile it appeared as though he'd get the major. Next thing you know he's holding on."

Logan looked like he ran out of gas. It seemed like Dardanes was waiting for Logan to turn it on and when he didn't it gave Dardanes hope and he took advantage of it.

Quote from Kim Lance's post:

"Here's the description as provided by another site:

Score was 8-4 Logan; called for stalling for the second time, but they did NOT put the point on the scoreboard. Should be 5-8.

Dardanes td 7-8, but scoreboard shows 6-8.
Escape Logan, 7-9, but board shows 6-9.
Dardanes td makes it 9-9, but board shows 8-9 .. he thinks he needs another td so he let's Logan escape again.
Final score 9-10, but board shows 8-10.

That's what the Minn coaches were discussing before the 149 match ...

Of course Dardanes would not have let Logan escape with 6 seconds left if the scoreboard properly showed 9-9.

Potentially huge break for Logan and OSU.
Reply With Quote"

That's what I read too. I hope people don't try to blame the score keeper. When I wrestled I always knew the score without looking at the score board. We practiced that way so we would never find ourselves in that situation. If he did lose because of the score board error I place that more on Dardanes than the score keeper. Know your score.

Last edited by Mike Taylor on February 6, 2015; edited 1 time in total

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

"I was following along on twitter and there seems to be some questions regarding the final scoring sequence in the Logan match. Flo was asking if Dardanes kicked Logan out to lose. First, is this true? Second, what happened in the 3rd for Logan to get dominated like he did? For awhile it appeared as though he'd get the major. Next thing you know he's holding on."

Logan looked like he ran out of gas. It seemed like Dardanes was waiting for Logan to turn it on and when he didn't it gave Dardanes hope and he took advantage of it."

thank you. Makes me wonder if there was some truth to the flu speculation a couple weeks ago. I remember if I got sick during the season it took a couple weeks before I got my conditioning back.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Dardanes presents matchup problems for Logan. Always has. Still, Logan wrestled a strong match but seemed to go into defense mode too early. Then, after a break in the action, Dardanes found a shot that worked and started hitting it.

Better to figure this out now in a win then lose later.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Logan was up 7-1, and won the match by a point. 9-8 is what I thought it was. That is atypical.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

Two weeks ago vs Purdue, when he had the flu, he had one good period. This week, he had two good periods. I just think he isn't 100% recovered cardio wise from that bout with the flu. He managed to run up a 7-1 score before feeling the effects. just look at the TD Dardanes was using, a snap/go behind on a fatigued Logan. I thought it was a "passing of the torch" on Senior night with the 3 freshman taking over. Bo just ignited the place & Snyder had Schiller on his heals the entire match. Surprised no stalling points awarded.

Mark Martin, Sr. added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

Logan definitely faded he looked a little shaky and off balance on his feet and next week is port.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

I said snap/go behind, but I just watched a replay and it was more of a sweep single, but Logan was still ahead 8-4 with 26 seconds left, so the fatigue was just the last 30 seconds.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

Unexpectedly I was able to attend. It was larger than life. All the Bucks wrestled hard.

Josh almost got Ness a couple of times, but that number one guy is gifted in his reactions.

Hey guys! Kenny won another third period!!

Logan simply couldn't defend himself the last 30 seconds. But how could anyone tell him he shouldn't have been out there? NO chance I guess. If he could breathe, he was going to wrestle.

Snyderman was relentless in the third. So close to a second stall call, but he got the TD anyway.

Nice crowd. Curious about attendance total.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

http://www.flowrestling.org/articles/29799

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

Just want to mention how blown away I am by Kyle Snyder. For a true frosh to perform at this level against really good, experienced big men is amazing.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

so as i read the scoring sequence, if accurate, Dardanes kicked Logan out for the winning point with 6 seconds left because the scorekeeper had the score wrong. It was actually 9-9, but the scorer showed it 9-8 Logan leading.

a neutral fan might conclude that with Logan looking gassed that the odds are Logan loses in OT if the score had been shown correctly, 9-9 with 6 seconds left.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 7, 2015

Anyone else that was there notice the coaches reaction when Snyder out Schiller on his feet to start the third? Thatcher was looking around like who told him to do that they wanted him to try and ride him. He could have easily won by 4-6 pts.

Logan was in zero trouble of that match till the last 30 seconds. He looked totally gassed.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next