Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: OSU vs. Minnesota
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 5, 2015

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"I did not think it was a dig either. I was making the point that we don't always know the truth when we're not standing right there beside the competitors."

For you, PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on February 5, 2015

HA!

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 5, 2015

My thoughts:

125 - Nathan Tomasello v. Ethan Lizak. Conoway majored Lizak and Clark teched him. I’m giving NaTo 4 here, but 5 would be better and is not out of the question.
4-0 Ohio State

133 - Johnni DiJulius v. Chris Dardanes. Dardanes is on a roll, winning everything close right now, beating Bruno by 2, Richards in OT, Gulibon by 1 and Clark by 2. I think this is a match that JDJ can win, as I don’t know if these 2 have ever wrestled in an official match. JDJ is difficult to adjust to the first time, as most guys aren’t ready for his offensive attacks. I’m giving Dardanes the decision, but this will be close.
4-3 Ohio State

141 - Logan Stieber v. Nick Dardanes. I know Dardanes gave Logie_Bear a tough match over the summer, but this isn’t freestyle and it isn’t the summer. Logan by major.
8-3 Ohio State

149 - Randy Languis v. Jake Short. A year ago I feel like I legitimately could have picked Languis in a match like this. This year, I’m hoping he doesn’t give up bonus.
8-6 Ohio State

157 - Josh Demas v. Dylan Ness. This is either a decision for Ness, or a fall. Looking at his results this year, he has more pins than majors. Demas has good enough defense that he can avoid bonus.
9-8 Minnesota

165 - Bo Jordan v. Brandon Kingsley/Nick Wanzek. This is big, as it could be a 2-3 point differential. Kingsley wrestled against Iowa and was pinned by Moore. Wanzek beat Hammond from PSU. I this Bo gets a major/tech against Kingsley and a decision against Wanzek. I’m predicting Wanzek goes.
11-9 Ohio State

174 - Mark Martin v. Logan Storley - Storley hasn’t been putting up a ton of points, only getting bonus on a tsun backup in 2015. I’m giving him a decision.
12-11 Minnesota

184 - Kenny Court v. Brett Pfarr. Pfarr won 7-2 in Vegas. Courts then missed the next month. If healthy, I think this match is closer, but giving Pfarr the decision.
15-11 Minnesota

197 - Kyle Snyder v. Scott Schiller. I like Snyder in this matchup because I’m a Buckeye and I’m not picking him to lose a match this season. I think this is a toss up and won’t be surprised by any result.
15-14 Minnesota

285 - Ray Gordon v. Michael Kroells. Kroells, with bonus. Kroells actually majored Tav last year. While I wouldn’t expect that again this year, he is the favorite.
19-14 Minnesota.

Overall, one switch/upset could win the dual for Ohio State. JDJ or Courts coming up big could be the difference. However, this could get ugly very easily. Ohio State could give up bonus at 157, 174, 184, lose at 197 and give up bonus at 285. That would make it an ugly score. Wish I could be there, but my daughter has her first gymnastics class and I have to take her. I guess I’ll just have to wait until B1Gs.

Go Bucks.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Jason great run down.Also was on the Minnesota wrestling forum looking around and they seem to be good people and passionate about there wrestling team.
Would love to catch some fire like we did against Iowa three years ago . That was fun.
We have a Bo thread when in all actuality we should have a Logan thread. Can you guys believe his tenure is almost over! We are gonna have history and one of the greatest wrestlers collegiality of all time IMO. We have been privileged. I hope we can honor him by getting alot of people at the Schott.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Maybe we get lucky and Hunter goes?

Sam Delio added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Maybe we get lucky and Hunter goes?"

Or we finally get a break with Dardanes not wrestling at 133

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

i can't watch it anywhere, any updates?

Sam Delio added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"i can't watch it anywhere, any updates?"

7-0 good guys

125. Nato got a major

133. JDJ got a 4-1 win over Sam Broncal (sp?) who was the MN 125 pounder last year. No Dardanes today.

141. Logan winning 8-3 in the 3rd

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

thanks

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

149- Langius loses 3-1 in ot
157- Demas loses 5-2
165- Bo Jordan with the fall
Ohio state 16-Minn-6

William Danforth added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Trackwrestling has updates
http://s301.trackwrestling.com/tw/seasons/DualDashboard.jsp?TIM=1423272397732&twSessionId=moibybncoajbrbj&dualId=779826009&teamId=1175873009

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

One win out of the last four matches and the Bucks can win this dual.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Martin loses 3-0. KC has a good chance to reverse an early defeat. Kenny with a huge win!!! 3-1 ! good job Kenny! Snyder with a last second takedown 3-1 final! The nail in the coffin! Good job! congrats to the seniors on the victory.

Last edited by Chris Thomas on February 6, 2015; edited 1 time in total

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Victory!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 6, 2015

Nice job Ohio State. Once again, the team was led by the Big Three Frosh--Tomasello, BoJo and Snyderman. But there weren't any bad efforts. Demas in particular wrestled well in a losing effort against one of the best in the country at any weight. Courts kept away from big mistakes and got away on bottom. Had Pfarr gotten his leg in and gone to work, I really think he'd have worn Kenny out. Languis gave you his usual and gave himself a shot as did Mark Martin against 3x AA Storley. Gordon was outclassed but always hustles.

Big win against a team that has owned the Bucks. Buckeyes are an injury time by Snyder against Burak away from being undefeated in the conference.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next