Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Claymont v. Solon
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

I will be doing the TV broadcast of the Claymont v. Solon match tonight. Big Time Sports is replaying the match on Time Warner Cable in the Stark/Tuscarawas County area. Here is the schedule.

http://www.bigtimesportsohio.com/show-times.html

I think Claymont wins the match by a solid margin, but there should be some good individual matchups.

Golec v. Langston at 132 should a good match, as should 138 with Miles v. Nemeckay. Stewart v. Herron has the potential for a lot of points and Goodman v. Rauch could be close as well.

Hopefully you can tune in for a good night of wrestling. We plan on broadcasting the Claymont v. St. Edward match next week as well.

If you get the chance to watch, constructive criticism is welcome!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

Fist to the back!!!!!!!!!

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

As much as I admire and respect Claymont wrestling, I am a Solon alumnus, so I'll be rooting for the Comets!

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

Always have to root for T- county peeps being a Dover alumnus myself. I got my fill of Claymont during my competition days but one thing I always noticed about those guys were they were good folks. I chatted with guys like Vanderpool, Eric Seibert, Jason Freeman, Rhett Peters among others from league tournament and beyond. A lot of times Dover and Claymont were the only friends each had at a tournament.

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

"Always have to root for T- county peeps being a Dover alumnus myself. I got my fill of Claymont during my competition days but one thing I always noticed about those guys were they were good folks. I chatted with guys like Vanderpool, Eric Seibert, Jason Freeman, Rhett Peters among others from league tournament and beyond. A lot of times Dover and Claymont were the only friends each had at a tournament."

I have had the same experiences with Claymont alumni. They were always good individuals. I had a chance to meet and interact with Craig Shaw while at Muskingum. I remember how amazing he was on the mats, and with him be a few years older, I looked at him and his accomplishments with awe. When I finally met him, he was such a down-to-earth guy.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

Niemann - I didn't get to use an illegal fist to the back reference.

Chris - Mustangs came out on top 45-27. Good dual.

Mike and Brad - I was talking with Seibert, Rhett and Chad tonight. Great guys. Seibert was in my wedding and I in his and Rhett sold me 5 goats last year.

Hopefully someone gets to watch and critique my performance.

► Add to the Discussion