Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Discussion Topic: Wrestling Anonymous: Introductions Are In Order!
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 25, 2015

Quote from Brandon Olinger's post:

"Mark:

Doug actually is the head coach at one of the middle schools that feed into Fairmont. Van Buren Junior High."

And, he was a state place-winner in 1988 (5th) for THEE Groveport Madison Wrestling Cruisers. Went on to wrestle for Miami of Ohio. Class act.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 25, 2015

I see the references to Frank Baxter at Kettering Fairmont and I have to chime in.
Frank wrestled at West End Y (for Rich Hunter referenced a few days ago). I am pretty sure that Frank was one year younger than my son so I have known him for a LONG time. He came along at the same time as Steve and Todd Haverdill. Both of them have been pretty successful as coaches too.

I don't think Frank would mind my saying that he was one of those guys who was slightly above average in ability but he always knew a ton about the sport. He knew the mechanics and he knew the players. As a matter of fact, he used to do kind of a Brakeman ranking and I swear he was better at it than Lord Brakeman himself.

I always knew that Frank would be an exceptional coach from the time he started coaching up north. His move to the Dayton area was a loss for NE Ohio but a definite plus for the SW area of the state. He is the kind of coach I would want for my own son if I had that choice. It is good to hear that others think of him the same way.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 26, 2015

TTT

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 26, 2015

Well, one of the "newbies" was Tom Rowlands. Expect that most of us know who he is.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 26, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Well, one of the "newbies" was Tom Rowlands. Expect that most of us know who he is."

Who?

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Well, one of the "newbies" was Tom Rowlands. Expect that most of us know who he is."

Never heard of'em. ; )

Cameron Stewart added to this discussion on February 26, 2015

I wrestled in grade school and then quit for travel baseball and other sports. Got the bug to pick it up again my senior year at New Albany High School in Columbus. Had the incredible privilege to wrestle under Marc Cofer and Rex Holman. I wasn't very good but fell in love with the sport.

I went to Ohio State and wrestled for the club team there a bit and lived with some of the varsity wrestlers. I helped out a little bit back at New Albany while in college.

After I graduated I moved to Stafford, Virginia where I was an assistant varsity wrestling coach at North Stafford High School for 4 years. My wife and I just moved to Summerville, SC where I am about to head to the state tournament and wrap up my first year as an assistant coach down here.

I read the dotnet at least once everyday, so I figured I should start contributing :)

Quote from Cameron Stewart's post:

"I read the dotnet at least once everyday, so I figured I should start contributing :)"

Once a day?

Where is your commitment!? : )

Niemann has some spaceadelic technology by which each post feeds directly into his synapses through a wire or something.

(Thanks for posting; glad to have you on board.)

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 26, 2015

I remember the name, and would remember the face if I saw you. Best of luck down in SC.

ps: Let's up the views per day, yeah? As well as the posts per day too??? Just saying.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on February 27, 2015

Quote from Cameron Stewart's post:

"I wrestled in grade school and then quit for travel baseball and other sports. Got the bug to pick it up again my senior year at New Albany High School in Columbus. Had the incredible privilege to wrestle under Marc Cofer and Rex Holman. I wasn't very good but fell in love with the sport.

I went to Ohio State and wrestled for the club team there a bit and lived with some of the varsity wrestlers. I helped out a little bit back at New Albany while in college.

After I graduated I moved to Stafford, Virginia where I was an assistant varsity wrestling coach at North Stafford High School for 4 years. My wife and I just moved to Summerville, SC where I am about to head to the state tournament and wrap up my first year as an assistant coach down here.

I read the dotnet at least once everyday, so I figured I should start contributing :)"

Dude, I'm right down the road from you as I live in Moncks Corner, SC. Small world.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 27, 2015

Cameron; Mike...get together the weekend of B1Gs or NCAAs and take a pic. Selfie that jazz and tweet it!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

If my wife drags me to Ashville, NC soon - or if I visit my cousin somewhere in that state, I'll stop by. I already know which house is yours!

#Stalker!!!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 27, 2015

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"If my wife drags me to Ashville, NC soon - or if I visit my cousin somewhere in that state, I'll stop by. I already know which house is yours!"

The Biltmore would be a worthy addition to your tour.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 27, 2015

Justin: went there on our honeymoon. She loves the movie "Private Eyes". She said she'd like to return soon.

Great place. Excellent selection of wines too!

Mark Holztrager added to this discussion on February 27, 2015

Well where to start? Absolutely love this site! The name is Mark Holztrager. Started wrestling at the young age of 3 for St. Charles of the famed and now nonexistent C.Y.O league. Wrestled for them from 3-14 years old. Attending Normandy High School in Parma from 98-02 (135, 145, 152, 152). Placed 4th at districts as a sophomore (top 3) went that year. Finally made it to states as a senior and relaxed for one second and lost 7-5 in the match to place and ended any chance of becoming a placer. Became a union electrician and started coaching after high school. So that's my story, not much to it except a lot of years of being involved in this wonderful sport!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 28, 2015

Welcome aboard, Mark!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next