Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: Bucks On BTN Tonite
Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 22, 2015

Looks like Gordon will be wresting both matches in place of Tav this weekend as well. "Hunter Stieber or Randy Languis" is list in both probable line-ups at 149 for the weekend. All of the rest of the regular starters are listed as probable starters for Indiana and Maryland.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/012215aaa.html

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 22, 2015

At full strength we could probably shut them both out.

Steve Durose added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"At full strength we could probably shut them both out."

Maryland has Myers at 285., and Indiana has a decent 174 but I think that's about it.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Quote from Steve Durose's post:

"

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"At full strength we could probably shut them both out."

Maryland has Myers at 285., and Indiana has a decent 174 but I think that's about it."

Indiana's 165lber is a pinning machine. However, I watched him go against Northwestern and was teched 15-0 in the 2nd period because his style appeared to be a feast or famine style. The Indiana kid was ranked 4th I believe.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Quote from Mike Taylor's post:

"Indiana's 165lber is a pinning machine. However, I watched him go against Northwestern and was teched 15-0 in the 2nd period because his style appeared to be a feast or famine style. The Indiana kid was ranked 4th I believe."

It's Taylor Walsh, and he's currently ranked like 7th. He's no joke. I look at him as a solid All American this year...because he'll pin someone he shouldn't at NCAAs. I think he's better than Massa right now, and Massa gave Jordan all he could handle last week. I do think that Jordan is a bit of a bad style match-up for him though. Everything that Harger does, Jordan does better (I think).

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Looks like neither match this week will be televised. That sux. Anyone want to live stream from Norwalk Ohio? I'll kick in 20 bucks.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

i agree with AWN college guru Jim Kalin, in some ways tonight may be the biggest test of Bo Jordan's college career. That test is Taylor Walsh from Indiana.

Walsh may have lost 15-0 to Harger last Sunday, but i bet he really wants to put a whuppin on the rookie. Did Walsh have the flu? Bets are he will come out with vengeance tonite, this is a barometer for Bo.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

I would think that someone as fundamentally sound and strong as Bo would be the worst possible match-up for Walsh. Great test, I predict Bo passes.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

BoJo is exceptionally good with maintaining position (especially for a RS freshman). Walsh's advantage would be if BoJo were to get caught similar to how NaTo got caught with Dance and Peters (obviously giving of NFs in one and pined in the other). I think as long as BoJo continues to maintain his positioning and doesn't get caught in some crazy scramble, he'll be fine. Pinners always have the punchers chance.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Walsh pinned Harger in the Midland Finals as well. He may have received the OW. He is excellent at a couple things.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Walsh was put to his back 3x (1st was a TD to a cradle, second was a reversal to his back, and I forget the 3rd but it was also a 5pt combo if I'm not mistaken). Walsh narrowly escaped getting pinned as time just ran out ad the ref slapped the mat.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

On paper, it's a big test. I just think that Walsh won't catch BoJo out of position. that said, Walsh shoots a nice low single. if someone asked me how to beat Bo, that would be a nice tactic. Still, I think Bo can power through him on his shots. A lot will depend on how Bo does on top. Most of the time, he controls opponents. But the PSU wrestler gave him fits every time he put in legs. Can Walsh prove as capable on bottom?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Mike Taylor: I'm pretty sure Harger chose down in the third. Reversal to his back again.

I thought about this match in the wee hours of the morning today. I had the dual on DVR, watched just that match last night, and woke up trying to remember the sequence of events. I know it was 2 and 3, three times in a row. Unreal!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 23, 2015

Watched Isaac Jordan beat Massa soundly tonight, had him cradled at one point. Massa looks totally demoralized. Isaac vs Bo should be a good one. Also watched I. Martinez of Ill. beat James Green at 157 tonight. The Big Ten is just crazy, as usual.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on January 24, 2015

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Watched Isaac Jordan beat Massa soundly tonight, had him cradled at one point. Massa looks totally demoralized. Isaac vs Bo should be a good one. Also watched I. Martinez of Ill. beat James Green at 157 tonight. The Big Ten is just crazy, as usual."

Taylor Massa has been handled by the Jordan's this week.He looked like he just wanted to quit.
Jim Jordan was fired up and rightfully so. Isaac did what he wanted when he wanted,and his mat returns looked effortless.I hate that Bo and Isaac are in same weight class.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4