Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Discussion Topic: Can't Sign Up For This Forum?
Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"this is the greatest forum in the United States of America,

we stand by our name & opinion-- i hope more of our readers take advantage of this opportunity."

Amen Bob. To this day, I remember the talk on JJHuddle about someone attempting to start a forum such as this. No "screen names". No hiding behind your computer screen. Just real men and women talking about the great sport of wrestling and being held accountable for their comments and thoughts. I didn't know if it would take off, but it most assuredly did due to the hard work of some and the dedication to talking about our great sport by many.

There is not a better wrestling forum that I have come across.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

I have to agree.
I have always used my real name on any forum I have been on (and it isn't many of them).
I try to help people understand what we do as officials or why we do it. On this forum, people seem to understand that. On others, not so much.
Because of that I rarely post on any other site because I just don't feel the need to argue a point on the net. After all, I can't debate with someone who has their mind made up and, of course, they can not be wrong about anything.
Thanx

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

Not allowing "screen names" is a catch 22. You could have potential insiders who choose to stay anonymous. I realize that Bob and maybe a couple of others have info to share but their not the only ones who could provide additional information about the team. For example, you could have a wrestler on the team who's parent would like to contribute anonymously for obvious reason. Yes, I know that some parents do contribute but I'm sure the numbers would increase if "screen names" where allowed.

With that being said, this site is alot quieter than alot of the other big forums (MN, PSU, IA & etc). I for one visit the site because I'm new to tOSU and like to see what's going on now and again.

Thanks to all that contribute.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

"real name" reduces the number of posts but the quality is higher, alot of trash is eliminated-- if we don't know whose posting how can we judge the legitimacy of the info?

Bill Splete added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

This is the most honest positive exchange about a specific sport on the net. it has caused me to pause and re think many of my thoughts and positions about the sport and the people in it, I read it at least twice a day, and add comments that i believe i want to say, the site is much like our state, tough, complicated, difficult, diverse, and in the end proud, thats what you, the ones that read, write and support have made me feel.. very proud to be a part of!

go bucks!

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on August 30, 2015

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

""real name" reduces the number of posts but the quality is higher, alot of trash is eliminated-- if we don't know whose posting how can we judge the legitimacy of the info?"

How do you judge the legitimacy of anyone who post anywhere, rather it's on a message board, forum, national media or etc? At the end of the day, it's all a judgement call. If someone wants to believe ever post they read, well you know, that's another conversation, lol.

I don't know any of the posters who are "reliable source" but after awhile, you see a trend in ones post and decide for yourself.

Example:
Bob, I can tell you that NaTo told me himself that he's going to wrestle 133# next season. You may reach out to your source and he can tell you that NaTo will go 125# next season. That doesn't make my comment invalid just because your post says something different. At the end of the day, both post could be correct but the final decision has yet to be played out. Your posts will ALWAYS trump anyone else's even if in reality that may not be the case. The reason I say that is because your obviously a reliable source.

You'll get no argument from me that there's a lot of trash on forums. Some of it is comical, pointless, irrelevant and etc but at the end of the day, their forums and a form of entertainment, nothing more and nothing less.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

Dwight,
ive said Nato going 133 next season, we have no disagreement.

i trust "known sources" over alias-users, at least the known source i can evaluate him based on what i know of him, who he is, his rep, his sincerity, previous communication with him. The fact he stands by his name and is seen in the community.

u say u r a newcomer to ohio, so u wouldnt know thus i will give u examples -- --

Example the poster above is Bill Splete, he was a great wrestler at St Joseph hs Cleveland in the 90s, he wrestled at Indiana U, i've followed his posts, very knowlegeable and tells it like it is -- savvy & -- but u being a newcomer may not yet realize this.

Then we have Jim Behrens posting, a well known, respected, long time ref in Cleveland area-- i've talked to Jim, i trust Jim's opinion, but again you will have to learn this for yourself.

Yes, we know from Watergate that so-called "Deep Throat" was giving the Washington Post reporters good info, so there are exceptions, sometimes the alias is reliable.

But i prefer to communicate with real names, the odds of geting good info & sincere opinion are better. ..s/BobP

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

If Tomasello goes 133....

Who goes 125?
Does JDJ go 141?

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"If Tomasello goes 133....

Who goes 125?
Does JDJ go 141?"

We're talking about the 2016-2017 season.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 31, 2015

Thank you Dwight.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 1, 2015

I post on this site. Don't believe a word I type. <--- Starting with that sentence! ...unless it's about Hank's brisket shop. That I would never lie about.

Mr. LeRoy - you raise a great point concerning "who can you trust". Over the years, this site has become a bit close-knit. We converse on a number of outlets - this site being the hub of the wheel. The spokes of the wheel could be other wrestling forums, FaceBook, twitter, in person, text messages, email, etc. A good number of us have had the chance to balance the info we receive with the legitimacy of the info over time.

Keep on keeping on! Go Buckeyes!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 13, 2015

Just added AWN writer/ranker Corey Haddad to the forum.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6