Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Penn State v Ohio State - Sunday, Jan. 11th; 2pm @ Tom Ryan Arena #BlackOut
Doug Brandt added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

Update on Tav?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Penn State v Ohio State - Sunday, Jan. 11th; 2pm @ Tom Ryan Arena #BlackOut
Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"Update on Tav?"

Lawson landed on his knee on a last second td (if that's what you're asking). No word beyond seeing Tav squirm in pain on the mat. He was obviously hurting.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

Tav looked very good today. He seemed more aggressive against a huge Lawson. He came very close to getting the winning TD. His knee took a shot but it didn't seem as if anything unusual took place. Ice and advil will and maybe sitting vs Mich. State.

Exciting to see the Bucks finally finish off a tough opponent. Snyder was terrific as was Tomasello. Courts came through as well.

No bad efforts today for Ohio State. They are very much in the hunt for an NCAA title with this squad.

Best news--Hunter is improving. Not completely back but clearly moving in the right direction. Even at 75%, he looked solid against Beitz.

Go Bucks.

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on January 11, 2015; edited 1 time in total

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

"Update on Tav?"

Lawson landed on his knee on a last second td (if that's what you're asking). No word beyond seeing Tav squirm in pain on the mat. He was obviously hurting."

So he lost? What was the score? Thanks

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"

"

"Update on Tav?"

Lawson landed on his knee on a last second td (if that's what you're asking). No word beyond seeing Tav squirm in pain on the mat. He was obviously hurting."

So he lost? What was the score? Thanks"

3-1 Lawson

Glad to hear that Tavanello is apparently OK. And I agree- great effort for the Buckeyes today. Wish I could have been there.

Wish I could taste my food, too.

"Glad to hear that Tavanello is apparently OK. "

Where did you hear that?

Doug: I didn't say he was OK. I gave my opinion--which was that it didn't look serious. Have no real knowledge of the situation. Feel better.

Patrick, I have no knowledge of Tav's condition.

Sure hope he's OK, which is the way I feel about all athletes.

Doug: Sorry to have sounded like I knew what I was talking about. I will say I was impressed with Tav's effort. He was wrestling to win.

Still feeling good about Bucks. I'm hardly overconfident but this team still has the best recipe to win an NCAA title. Lineup has ten guys with a shot to AA and lots of wrestlers who will win big when able.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

"Banner win for Snyder 6-1!"

Love the ride he put on McIntosh. How many times did he lift him off the mat? That one time I thought he was going to launch him Greco-style!! That is one strong true freshman. I liked the front headlock crunch at the end of the match too.
BTW I looked at the PSU site and they refer to #4 OSU won a hard fought match vs #7 PSU. They are referring to the TOURNAMENT rankings, not the dual meet rankings, which had PSU ahead of OSU. I guess it eases the pain of losing if your opponent is ranked higher than yourself?

I was pleased with NaTo's win as well. That top 6-7 guys at 125 are all pretty close and there is a big separation between them and the rest of the group. From the quarterfinals on at 125 during the NCAAs....it's gonna be a total crap shoot.

Hunter showed glimpses of the Hunter we know. Glad to see him feeling better. He and BoJo both need to get some wind under their sails from the layoffs. Hunter in particular looked much better today. I'm guessing the report of him having the flu the week prior to his last match was probably true and he just wasn't ready last weekend.

Still concerned about Courts. Glad he finally finished a td down today, but did not finish his 1st 2 (or was it 3).

I am concerned about Tav. I have not heard anything more than what we saw. I know Nick. He's not a sissy. Lawson is a big fellow and landed right on the knee during the last second td. It can be deceiving exactly what an impact may have been, but also what kind of an impact it takes to damage the collateral ligaments of the knee. Let's hope it was just a "twinge" and nothing more.

JDJ and Gulibon will forever go back and forth. They know each other too well and they are both high level competitors. Johnni has to adjust or bail out when he throws in the legs and his opponent stands. He can get away with that on lesser opponents, but not another Top 10 guy like himself. He knows, he just couldn't make the adjustment today. He's still right there contending for a spot on the podium. All of his quality wins are not a fluke. And as I've said before, I would rather just get drilled by Logan than wrestle Johnni. His style is very frustrating and oh so difficult to open-up on. He will go down as one of my all time favorite Buckeyes purely because he has his own style and he makes it work.

Manuche said Martin had a minor injury, but said no more than that. He needs to get healthy. Not sure if he will make the podium, but he will score important points in March.

I still cycle back and forth with Demas. He is certainly a strong AA candidate. I thought sure once he got into the 3rd and then OT with Alton there was no way Alton would win.

In any event, we are starting to see signs of what a healthy Buckeyes' team is capable of and I agree with the others that understand this team is made for tournaments. Minny and the Buckeyes will battle this thing out in March and it's going to be fun to watch.

Demas has done a nice job this season. My sense of today's bout is that he showed Alton too much respect.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on January 11, 2015

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Demas has done a nice job this season. My sense of today's bout is that he showed Alton too much respect."

Demas needs to watch some Jordan Burroughs videos. Demas is really fast and if he could learn that blast double, he would be unstoppable. He is better than he thinks he is, to your point Hank.

Quote from Jeff Reid's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Demas has done a nice job this season. My sense of today's bout is that he showed Alton too much respect."

Demas needs to watch some Jordan Burroughs videos. Demas is really fast and if he could learn that blast double, he would be unstoppable. He is better than he thinks he is, to your point Hank."

Can't argue with that.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next