Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Iowa
Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

BTW, Burak from Iowa is out from what i am told.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"Rod, I am assuming you were not at the Ohio State Missouri dual, but based on what I witnessed there, I would say you are absolutely right. Hope we are both wrong.

On a side note, I got a new phone and don't have your number anymore, message it to me sometime! We will have to hit up a holiday tournament or something."

Definitely!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Alex...given those comments, I would venture to say my info is wrong. However, Coach Brands never led on that Mcdonough was as hurt as he was. I don't remember about Kish. And with Pucillo, local people knew there was something wrong, but didn't know exactly what it was until after the season. Anyway, my point is it's not Coach Ryan's job to be totally upfront here. That being said, I think a quote like, "There are also things he needs to 'own' on his end. This is not an overnight fix either. It's called sacrifice", are pretty harsh if the performance was about injury. My guess is my info is wrong."

Perhaps this tells us something about the captain vote.

I hope the team is honest about who is wrestling against Iowa and PSU. At this point without some verification that the big guns are wrestling it's hard to justify the trip. If at full go the two hour drive might be worth it for both matches. It would be nice to fill the arena.

Regardless, in the end it is about March and not January.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 18, 2014

My thoughts on the dual

125 – Tomasello v. Gilman – Gilman is the favorite, deservedly so. I think that Nate has a definite shot to win, but, in projecting points, I’m saying Gilman by decision.
3-0 Iowa

133 – DiJulius v. Clark – Clark has faced minimal opposition to this point in the season, however, before wrestling DiJulius, he will have competed at the Midlands, which will be a sufficient tune up, to say the least. I struggle to put Clark as the favorite. The first time wrestling Johnni can be difficult, but he will be coached well. I’m going to give Clark the decision, but I truly feel this is a 50/50 match.
6-0 Iowa

141 – Stieber v. Dziewa – These two did not meet last year, not that it matters much. Dziewa is going to do everything he can to not give up 6, while Logan will realize that the bonus points are extremely important. I think Logan gets the fall.
6-6 Tie

149 – Stieber/Languis v. Grothus – Not sure who we will see here, but, going off of what I saw on Sunday, I favor Grothus over either. If Hunter uses the time off to get in match shape then I think he is the favorite, but, that being an if, I’m going with decision Iowa here.
9-6 Iowa

157 – Demas v. Kelly – Demas is the favorite here to pick up a decision. However, Demas had better be prepared to wrestle for a full 7 minutes, because one slip up could be the difference between victory and defeat.
9-9- Tie

165 – Jordan v. Moore – My most anticipated match of the dual. I see these two as fairly even, but, being a homer, and, knowing that Moore has already lost to Moreno this year, I’m taking Bo in a close one.
12-9 Ohio State

174 – Martin v. Evans – The only question here is bonus points. Last year, Evans beat Martin 8-0. I think Martin is wrestling better, and, at least so far, Evans has been good but not great. I think Martin holds him to a decision.
12-12 Tie

184 – Courts/Fox v. Brooks – I favor Brooks in this matchup. He goes for 7 full minutes, and I don’t know if Courts’ gas tank can handle it. If he truly breaks Courts, he could look for bonus.
15-12 Iowa

197 – Snyder v. Burak – I saw an article the other day that Burak is wrestling at Midlands, so I expect him in the lineup on the 4th. I think Snyder is the favorite, but only by decision. If Klapprodt goes for Iowa, Snyder gets bonus.
15-15 Tie

285 – Tavanello v. Telford – Telford beat Tav 8-0 last year and I don’t think this one swings the other way. I could see Tav holding it to a decision if that is necessary, but I think a win is hoping for too much.
18-15 Iowa

Overall – I have 125, 133, 149 and 165 as legitimate toss ups, with the Bucks winning only one of those. If they get on a roll and win 2, 3 or all 4, then this could be a blowout. However, the only matches I think the Bucks are solid favorites in are 141 and 197. It could get ugly just as easily. If the Bucks steal one of the first two weights, I think the momentum could swing and lead to a victory. Here’s hoping Tom Ryan can recapture 2012 and lead the Bucks to victory.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2