Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Iowa
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

125 #4 Gillman vs #7 Nate
133 #4 Clark vs. #9 Johnni
141 #Dziewa vs. #1 Logan
149 #10 Sorensen vs. #5 Hunter
157 Unranked vs. #6 Demas
165 #7 Moore vs. #9 Bo (I assume he will be back)
174 #Evans vs. #12 Martin
184 #8 Brooks vs. #12 Courts
197 #6 Burak vs. #7 Snyder
285. #3 Telford vs. #10 Tavenallo

125 Nate has wrestled #3 #5 #6 already and I think he has proving that he can hang with those guys and I think he gets the win here since its at home
3-0 Bucks

133 Johnni has wrestled pretty good all year but I'm going with Clark here in a tight one
3-3

141 Dwieza is ranked #6 but I think Logan pins or majors here and I'm going with the pin
9-3

149 If Hunter is healthy he should win but I don't know if he is but I'm still going with Hunter in a tight one and if he is 100% he could get a major
12-3 Bucks

157- Not sure who Iowa will have here but they will be a quality opponent but Demas gets the win
15-3

165-First real test for Bo especially coming back from injury but I think he gets the win here in a low scoring match.
18-3

174-Martin keeps it close but Evans is to much
18-6

184 - This one will depend on which Courts shows up and since I don't know I'm going with Iowa
18-9

197-Snyder has to stop giving up the first TD but I think he wins here against a very game Burak
21-9

285. Telford is to much for Tavanello

Final score 21-12

125-165-197 could go either way but since its a home match I went with the Bucks. Plus I'm a homer.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

Burak is hurt and Evans hasn't been 100% all season. Iowa doesn't have much at 157. On the other hand, we have no idea what is going on at 149 with the Bucks and Grothus is tough. If there's one conclusion from watching Hunter on Sunday it's that he should have been at Cleve. State on Saturday shaking off the rust. Hindsight, of course.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

I've got it 18-14 Iowa.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

Gilman has beaten Nate in FS the last two times they have met. Gilman should have the edge. But this is folkstyle, so let's hope Nate can beat him. I also think the big question will be how Hunter & Bo wrestle coming off big layoffs?

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

I have it 18-15 Iowa. Before the season I thought Iowa was the toughest match up for Tosu. I still believe that, even though with Pfarr wrestling strong Minnesota is obviously a tough match up as well.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

18-15 tOSU if the lineup's ready to go.

Hank...I assume the difference between our picks in Hunter Stieber winning and Logan Stieber getting the fall rather than the tech?

The rumors and whispers I'm hearing about Hunter Stieber's injury make it tough to pick him over a top ten opponent, particularly an Iowa grinder. For the record, I think a healthy Hunter Stieber wins easily. I think the post on the other thread that likened Hunter's situation to the situations of Matt Mcdonough, Rodger Kish or even Mike Pucillo may be more accurate then we think. I really hope I'm wrong, because he's an amazing talent and has the skills to win it all his last two years.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

1) MINN
2a) Iowa
2b) Ohio State

I'll be there on the 4th, and hope to have our JH & HS at the event. I'd love nothing more than to send them packing AGAIN!!!!!

Also, I'm 99% positive that Iowa goes Midlands, @ Rutgers (01/02), @ Ohio State (01/04). That is a long road trip.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Hank...I assume the difference between our picks in Hunter Stieber winning and Logan Stieber getting the fall rather than the tech?

The rumors and whispers I'm hearing about Hunter Stieber's injury make it tough to pick him over a top ten opponent, particularly an Iowa grinder. For the record, I think a healthy Hunter Stieber wins easily. I think the post on the other thread that likened Hunter's situation to the situations of Matt Mcdonough, Rodger Kish or even Mike Pucillo may be more accurate then we think. I really hope I'm wrong, because he's an amazing talent and has the skills to win it all his last two years."

Bad enough for him to apply for medical RS this year?

Yes, and again, I hope I'm wrong. He seems like a great kid and he's as talented as they come, but as Mcdonough, Kish and Pucillo showed us, if your body isn't right, you can't beat top level guys, regardless of how much better than them you are.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

I don't get the impression from Ryan's comments that Hunter is injured enough to miss the season.

http://www.ohiowrestlingnews.com/news_article/show/457554?referrer_id=1025229

Alex...given those comments, I would venture to say my info is wrong. However, Coach Brands never led on that Mcdonough was as hurt as he was. I don't remember about Kish. And with Pucillo, local people knew there was something wrong, but didn't know exactly what it was until after the season. Anyway, my point is it's not Coach Ryan's job to be totally upfront here. That being said, I think a quote like, "There are also things he needs to 'own' on his end. This is not an overnight fix either. It's called sacrifice", are pretty harsh if the performance was about injury. My guess is my info is wrong.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

"Alex...given those comments, I would venture to say my info is wrong. However, Coach Brands never led on that Mcdonough was as hurt as he was. I don't remember about Kish. And with Pucillo, local people knew there was something wrong, but didn't know exactly what it was until after the season. Anyway, my point is it's not Coach Ryan's job to be totally upfront here. That being said, I think a quote like, "There are also things he needs to 'own' on his end. This is not an overnight fix either. It's called sacrifice", are pretty harsh if the performance was about injury. My guess is my info is wrong."

I'm confused as to what Coach Ryan meant? I also thought the quote "We were not aware(of the forfeit). Brian Smith is a great coach with class", stated Ryan. "His athlete didn't make weight. We could have weighed another athlete in and moved Logan up, but we didn't." was weird, because he says Smith has "class", yet I take the remark about not being aware of the forfeit as classless?? Is there some "unwritten law" that says you should tell the opposing team of a pending forfeit? If Logan could have moved up to 149 that would have been a very interesting match. I would never bet against Logan in that situation.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

"Hank...I assume the difference between our picks in Hunter Stieber winning and Logan Stieber getting the fall rather than the tech?

The rumors and whispers I'm hearing about Hunter Stieber's injury make it tough to pick him over a top ten opponent, particularly an Iowa grinder. For the record, I think a healthy Hunter Stieber wins easily. I think the post on the other thread that likened Hunter's situation to the situations of Matt Mcdonough, Rodger Kish or even Mike Pucillo may be more accurate then we think. I really hope I'm wrong, because he's an amazing talent and has the skills to win it all his last two years."

Rod, I am assuming you were not at the Ohio State Missouri dual, but based on what I witnessed there, I would say you are absolutely right. Hope we are both wrong.

On a side note, I got a new phone and don't have your number anymore, message it to me sometime! We will have to hit up a holiday tournament or something.

Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

BTW, Burak from Iowa is out from what i am told.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next