Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Discussion Topic: tOSU vs. Missouri matchup ...
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

Regarding Hunter, here's what one poster said on the mat.com

"Every year people fight through injuries and struggle because of it...Matt Mcdonough ring a bell? How about Kish, Letters, and many others (Last year, Logan dealt with an injury and had difficulty getting up from off bottom in a couple matches). Nobody is denying that Houdashelt is a great wrestler...It's just anybody with eyes could tell Hunter Stieber wasn't close to 100% in that match. That doesn't necessarily mean Ryan made the wrong choice to send him out there...It just will obviously take some time before he is close to where he needs to be (if he gets there at all)."

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

I don't mind paying the money either, but Im never going to keep all of these passwords straight ;)

On another odd note, it seemed that Cox was standing there thinking he was wrestling Snyder until the last second. Why would a coach do that to a wrestlers psyche? He was visably pissed and then had to refocus to wrestle Tav 7 minutes later. I like the reaction....he knows Snyder is a hurdle and he wanted to prove something, which further irritates o because im certain it was a coaches decision to not wrestle Wellington the night before.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

Jamie: from where I was sitting, I could see into the entry way of their locker room. Cox didn't wait to round the corner before he started throwing a fit.

Having been to two matches already, that visitor's locker room door has taken a beating; Miller (KSU) & Cox (MIZZ). And we still have Iowa and PSU to go!!!

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

You have to appreciate Cox. He is the defending champ and he WANTS to wrestle Snyder. He knows that Kyle is a challenge and having heard him speak on the matter....he realizes its good for the sport.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"
No way to prove it but I'm sure he remembers 1st round NCAA's last year when his shoulders, ears and butt were all brought together in a single point. "

That's funny!

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

New Criteria: If a team forfeits a match at a weight class where a wrestler weighed in, they lose the dual meet. Period.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on December 15, 2014

Could always make a forfeit worth 7 or 8 points. Something that would make it more advantageous to send someone out rather than forfeit.

Tommy Ellis added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

Just food for thought.All in all never happy with a loss , but on the other hand I feel really good about the team . It also seemed to me our guys where in better shape than Missouri. Justin wrestled his butt off , but should have never lost that match, he should have kicked him with :14 left and stalled out.
Still am curious about Courts and I do think Hunter was a last second decision,and truthfully no one on this board would have thought that would happen. We will be okay come Jan 4 .

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

I agree with Hank. Tie matches should not have a winner. Call it what it is. A tie. If for some reason the tie must be broken they should consider using the total number of team stall warnings and/or stall points awarded. Count one for a stall warning and two for each stall point awarded. Could be criteria 4 replacing first takedown. It would be a team deal not the first wrestlers on the mat deal.
What was the 125 score? I seen 10 to 8 and 11 to 8
Where am I going wrong? Is it the 125 match?

125 10 8 174 2 5 46 47 TOSU
133 2 5 184 12 2
157 2 3 197 5 15
165 9 7 285 4 2

William Danforth added to this discussion on December 16, 2014

In Nathan's match a late escape made the score 11-8.

Last edited by William Danforth on December 18, 2014; edited 1 time in total

Paul Charvat added to this discussion on December 17, 2014

There was no riding time point in the Tomasello match.
Waters won 11-8

-Waters Takedown and 3 Near Fall (Score 5-0)
-Tomasello Escape
End of 1st 5-1
-Waters starts the second period on bottom
-Waters Escape
-Waters Takedown right at the end of the 2nd
End of 2nd Score 8-1
-Tomasello chooses neutral
-Tomasello Takedown (Score 8-3)
-Waters Escape (Score 9-3)
-Tomasello Takedown (Score 9-5)
-Waters Escape (Score 10-5)
-Tomasello Stalling Point (Score 10-6)
-Tomasello Takedown (Score 10-8)
-Waters Escape given right at the end of the third to make the Final Score (11-8)
Tomasello actually had about 30-40 seconds in riding time

Hindsight is 20/20, but after Virginia Tech and knowing that every point counts, the coaches should have probably had Tomasello ride out the last few seconds instead of letting him up again with almost no time left.

No way to predict that it would come down to a tie, but as a coach its always good to keep that in the back of your mind.

Overall the team has gone through quite a bit of adversity on and off the mat early this season, but it will make them stronger in March when it really matters.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5