Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio's Other D1 Teams
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 24, 2014

Not going to go into detail but here's what I've noticed:

OU: Off to a solid start led by Walters, Hightower, Wellington, Chino etc. It's an experienced group and should finish top half in the MAC. Can some of their better kids stretch and become AA candidates? Are they already?

CSU: Shaw and Willeford have been solid with the latter having a few nice wins. The rest of the lineup struggles although King has upside.

Kent: Injuries to Miller and Baxter have hurt but this team has not looked good at all. Ironic since Andrassy gave an interview where he talked about loving the attitude in the room. Hard to say for sure what's going on but Kent's formula for recruiting level 3 type kids and coaching them up is not working well so far this season. Tyler Small was round of 12 a few years ago if memory serves. Now he's a backup?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on November 24, 2014

http://www.kentstatesports.com/news/2014/11/22/WREST_1122140140.aspx?path=wrestling

McGuire places 1st, Marsh 2nd at Navy Classic

Small is out till semester (I think)

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 24, 2014

Navy Classic, from OU's perspective:

125 - Powell 5th. Solid showing, no great wins. Lost 6-5 to ranked kid in the semis.

133 - Squire was out. back up was 2-2 I think.

141 - Forrider lost in Rd1 then came back for 4th. I was looking for him to make the next step this season, hopefully to crack the top 20. Mixed results so far but I'm bullish on his upside.

149 - Claxton wins another tournament. I think he beat a ranked kid in the semis and majored in the finals. Great start to the season, but no top-10 wins yet.

157 - Chino didn't wrestle, but Romanchik competed and placed 5th. Solid showing, wish he could get into the lineup somewhere.

165 - Hightower second, lost to Jordan 8-0 in the finals. Beat Walsh from Navy in the semis. I think Walsh beat him several times the last couple years so good win.

174 - Walters first with a win over Marsh in the finals. Those two are so close, each match will be a nail biter.

184 - Not a good weight for OU. Going to be an issue in duals.

197 - Wellington 3rd, lost to ranked (18th?) kid in the semis. Expecting big things from him this season, so hoping he starts to win those matches.

285 - Parker was 2-2. True FR at 285 is scary. I like his upside, but will take lumps.

► Add to the Discussion