Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Did Anyone Notice...
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

Super 32 Finalists included Kollin Moore and Jose Rodriguez. Both wrestlers are Buckeye recuits along with Martin and Hayes.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

It's a pity he will have to wrestle behind Martin and Snyder. But tOSU will be able to rest either one of them and have a very capable substitute. The Buckeyes are deep everywhere!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 4, 2014

One of our contributors, Mr. Hiatt, has intimate knowledge of Moore, having coached against him in the state finals. I asked Brady about him after last season and he was high on him.

I saw Flo tweet that Moore had a huge win over the weekend, I'm not connected enough to HS wrestling to know which win was noteworthy.

Regardless - Coach Ryan doing good work adding depth in Ohio. Don't discount Moore making an impact down the road.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

Is it me or has the Super 32 seemingly picked up steam over the last 3 to 5 years?

Maybe it is just me, and my awareness to the names is what is different, but goodness, thereseemed to be a host of weight classes that were very, very deep. An early round loss would have you fighting back a LOOONG way, and through some heavy hitters just to sniff the chance at top 8.

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

Hank, Thought I was the only one to notice the success Rodriguez and Moore had at Super 32. I thought about posting, but didn't, glad you did. I think TOSU has changed their recruiting philosophy to some degree and it is certainly for the better. We seem to be going after kids that are not just practice partners that happen to be good students, but motivated wrestlers who could provide quality depth. I believe both Jose and Collin could work their way into the lineup, in time, even if they are not top 20 to 30 prospects (by rank). I will mention, however, that Christian Pyles latest rankings have jumped Jose from 9 to 4 at 126#, one place ahead of Assad and that Collin has jumped from 20 to 5 at 182#.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 5, 2014

The really big win for Kollin was the one over Wisman: 3x Junior AA (2x FS/1x GR) in Fargo, NHSCA Jr Nats champ, FloNats champ

Also notable result over Jack Harris, a fellow Ohio state runner-up.

Rodriguez is a top 100 c/o 2015 kid, so his productivity speaks for itself.

Super32 has been a loaded tournament for awhile now. D.T./Kindig was the final when D.T. was a senior in high school.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 6, 2014

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"I will mention, however, that Christian Pyles latest rankings have jumped Jose from 9 to 4 at 126#, one place ahead of Assad and that Collin has jumped from 20 to 5 at 182#."

Willie Saylor does the HS rankings, Christian just does the college.

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 6, 2014

Thanks for the info Ben, credit where it's due.

► Add to the Discussion