Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Discussion Topic: Vegas!
Chris Thomas added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Kresevic, Languis and Courts go down second round. Courts loss is a headshaker. Anyone else see it?"

Hank, that was a terrible call on Courts to say the least! The Ref needs to let the scramble continue before making a call.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Kresevic, Languis and Courts go down second round. Courts loss is a headshaker. Anyone else see it?"

Hank, that was a terrible call on Courts to say the least! The Ref needs to let the scramble continue before making a call."

I understand that the call was questionable. But he should have crushed that kid. Instead, he didn't push, kept it close and allowed himself to lose on a controversial call.

I'm excited to watch Tomasello take on Peters. Tomasello is definitely better but Peters is a brick sh-thouse and can make Nato pay if he naps for a second.

Nate just got stuck wow!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Wow. Nate was in control of the match, I think up 7-2. Peters is so dangerous, I was nervous the entire match. That's the one position he looks for, and he found it.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Tomasello has now lost to two returning AA's in matches where he was winning. While the losses sting, these are good lessons to learn in December as opposed to March.

Hank, I agree Nate will learn from those loses. In D1 their are no for sure wins that is why it is so great. DJ lost in OT!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Johnni just lost in. OT and Logan teched his guy

CANT WAIT UNTIL HUNTER AND BO GET BACK ON THE MAT!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

Peters is the 125 version of Ness, always looking for the big move. Makes him tough to wrestle because you're scared to open up. Difficult problem to solve.

I really wanted NaTo to get Dance tomorrow morning, but I'm guessing he will be wrecking fools in the consis.

I think Nate has to get better at scrambling, because on his feet he is the third best in the nation at 125. I hope he gets Peters or Dance tomorrow. I think Logan and Snyder will win this tournament.

Wow! Pfarr just got hosed against Dean in OT! The Cklv has been exceptional.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

If Snyder makes the same mistake against Gadson or Schiller as he did against Poppel and he'll be on the wrong end of a fall as well. These 2 (NaTo & Snyder) need to stop trying to force things to happen that are not there. NaTo has now learned twice that he is no longer playing with boys and these losses of position will cost you dearly, esp against the level of competition he has faced. Snyder is on the cusp of facing his stiffest competition of the season if he wins in the quarters. Positioning is the key for both of them. They rest of their skills are fine.

Pat, good point on positioning errors the rookies are making. I think adjustments will be make and matches will be won in Feb and Mar.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 5, 2014

The GREAT NEWS....they are adjustments that these 2 in particular can make. Again, in the qtrs match for Snyder, if that headlock were given up to Schiller, Kyle would have had plenty of time to count the lights. We're just going to get our first look at Snyder against top 5 level comp in the semis with Gadson. If Snyder just sticks to his stuff and doesn't try to force tilts etc...there is no reason he should not win. If he gets hasty in this match, it will be much different than in previous matches when his brute strength was just enough to overcome his errors. And that is most certainly the lesson NaTo has faced. Dance and Peters are men in 125lb bodies. NaTo could have and should have won those matches, but the margin for error is next to nothing...and they both made him pay.

Likely we will see another NaTo vs Peters/Dance tomorrow. He'll be fine.

Logan and Kyle are both in the semi-finals tomorrow. A rough quarters for the Bucks, however everyone is still fighting with opportunity to place tomorrow. We are missing three key parts to the lineup(BO, Hunter,and Demas) and it showed in the quarters. I would like to see Courts JDJ, and NaTo come back strong in the cons. Also, would like to see Martin get a signature win. Would like to see Tav place top 5.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next