Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Good Article on the Stieber Bros. on Buckeye Blog 'Land Grant-Holy Land
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 31, 2014

Good preview article on the OSU's 141 and 149 pound classes.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/10/29/7064611/ohio-state-wrestling-season-preview-part-1-the-stieber-brothers

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Good Article on the Stieber Bros. on Buckeye Blog 'Land Grant-Holy Land
Roe Fox added to this discussion on October 31, 2014

"Simply put, Logan Stieber is arguably the greatest athlete at Ohio State, regardless of sport."

What a great topic for a forum. I never really thought about Steber this way. However, who would surpass him as the greatest athlete in Ohio State history if he wins his 4th?

As a long time Buckeye fan Archie Griffin would have to be up there. Same with Jesse Owens. Interesting topic.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 31, 2014

Good article. Dan Vest writes well and really knew his topic. Excellent job.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Agreed, Hank. He does a great job.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Another Buckeye wrestling article.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2014/11/42736/ohio-state-wrestling-coach-tom-ryan-on-lofty-expectations-and-making-history

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Did anyone notice who Coach Ryan says that as of today the starter at heavyweight is.....Thomas Haines!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Another Buckeye wrestling article.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2014/11/42736/ohio-state-wrestling-coach-tom-ryan-on-lofty-expectations-and-making-history"

I would love to have seen Jordan vs. Burroughs and Nate vs. Ramos at the OTC.

That experience is priceless

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Wow, how did I miss that in the article! Very interested to see how the heavyweight bracket plays out tomorrow!

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"Did anyone notice who Coach Ryan says that as of today the starter at heavyweight is.....Thomas Haines!"

Yeah, that really surprised me! Tom states that Nick Tavenello has stepped up and worked hard to improve, and then he lists Haines as the starter. And Nick won the Wrestle-off over Gordon (without a mention of Haines)!

If he is impressed with Tavenello's improvement from a Round of 12 finish at the NCAA finals, and Haines is beating him out, that kinda says something for the impression that Haines is making!

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on November 1, 2014

Those where my thoughts as well Pat. Maybe Haines has flown under the radar a bit because most of us have only seen him lose (Snyder and nevilles) ..but the kid did win the 4 pa. State titles. Plus I saw a few pictures of early morning summer workouts with Snyder.

► Add to the Discussion