Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: OSU ranked #2 in both duals and tourney on new InterMat Rankings
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 27, 2014

I can't tell you how many times I've typed something from my phone, only to read it later and see about six "te"s instead of "the".

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: OSU ranked #2 in both duals and tourney on new InterMat Rankings
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 27, 2014

MRod: No real disagreement with what you wrote. I picked Vegas because the tough comp should give us a better sense of how good the frosh are. It's no guarantee but should offer us more concrete insight into where they fit among the elite at their weight.

Mr. Neimann--Adam Coon is an ideal wrestler to bring up. Superstar in high school and appeared to be unstoppable for a while. Then he hit a wall.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 27, 2014

I totally get it Hank. Vegas will show if the freshmen are what Ohio State fans are expecting them to be. It'll show if those "second tier" guys have made normal progress or made a jump into All American contention. It'll show what a year of training and building his body has done for Hunter Stieber...and It'll show that Logan Stieber is the beast everyone knows he is.

My point was that if Ohio State dominates Vegas, that doesn't mean they'll win the title come crunch time and if they struggle at Vegas, it doesn't mean they can't improve and be ready to make a run at season's end.

I think they'll have a solid performance in the early season but will take some hits in the Big Ten. I honestly think they should be ranked number one based on the roster that they are putting on the mat. Their performance at Vegas and throughout the season might make me change my mind, but there's simply no reason to dock them points for missteps that haven't happened yet.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"...
Mr. Neimann--Adam Coon is an ideal wrestler to bring up. Superstar in high school and appeared to be unstoppable for a while. Then he hit a wall."

Agreed. Coming in, he was all the rage. Halfway through the season, he was lighting it up, and possibly, outdoing the hype. And then it happened.

My hope is that the Buckeye freshmen, and really, the whole team, can rally around each other, and use any positives from the B1Gs as a spring board for #STL2015

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on October 27, 2014

Every Buckeye WILL win a national title this year. Bonus points all of the way through!

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"Every Buckeye WILL win a national title this year. Bonus points all of the way through!"

Michael? Is that you??? And why are you posting under Patrick's name!?!?! Hmmmmmm...

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on October 27, 2014

Again, you people are impossible.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on October 28, 2014

The tournament rankings for InterMat are 100% formula based on the individual weight class rankings. Each position in the rankings represents points corresponding to NCAA tournament scoring.

My unscientific projection is that this is Ohio State's year to win a national title. That said, there's lots of unproven quantities (i.e. haven't AA'd before) beyond Logan and Hunter that need to perform to where their potential & abilities lie.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 28, 2014

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"The tournament rankings for InterMat are 100% formula based on the individual weight class rankings. Each position in the rankings represents points corresponding to NCAA tournament scoring.

My unscientific projection is that this is Ohio State's year to win a national title. That said, there's lots of unproven quantities (i.e. haven't AA'd before) beyond Logan and Hunter that need to perform to where their potential & abilities lie."

Josh: When I started this thread, I really wasn't taking exception to IM's 'tournament' rankings. I understand how they could project Minnesota with 2 champions and 6 or 7 AA's.

The point that I took exception to was ranking Minnesota #1 in the 'Dual' rankings. When you lay out IM's rankings for the various weight classes 'at this time', and compare Minny's roster to OSU, the Bucks would win 6 of the 10 classes. - How can they rationalize to choose Minnesota to be the dual champion when their own individual rankings suggest that Minnesota will lose 6 out of the 10 matches in the meet?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3