Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Mark Hall v Bo Jordan
Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"I watched the match. I'm fully aware it was freestyle. I'm fully aware of and have experienced the differences. And I've even won matches in FS that I did not win in folkstyle. It should still raise some level of concern. No one said he should quit wrestling ;-)"

Patrick are you sure you are aware it was Freestyle?"

Not fully.... :-D

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"What I believe re: Miller: His ceiling is higher than anyone else's at 157, even Green's who is excellent.

Coach Andrassy mentioned in the interview they didn't prepare him correctly for that match against Ness. I felt Ian was in control for the first two periods, so this seems to be sound logic."

This is going to be a fun weight class in March! And seriously...how do you prepare for Ness? I mean I realize you can get him on the mat and try to control him there (kind of Dake style), but that guy has so much insane funk that you never know what he might do.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

"I agree, the concern is with Bo's lack of offense against Ian. And to Michael's point, it will be interesting to see how Miller's season plays out. Though I certainly took that tournament to be Ian's way of saying, "It won't be over for me when I graduate from KSU!" I like how Ian's style translates to FS and look forward to seeing him continue to compete at the next level."

I don't feel that bad about after seeing Ian destroy 4xAA Caldwell twice in a couple of minutes.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Michael: as a PROUD #DotNet-er, I do back the Ohio guy. But still, I think Green is an ANIMAL, and will probably win. But IMO, it won't be close to the drubbing it was last year. 12-2, correct???

EDIT: 13-1. Buh...even worse!

For Mr. Kessen :-D I think this is freestyle? Bhaaaaaa!

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/237009-NE-Regional-Brockport-USA-Wrestling-GOhioCasts/video/331034-160-lbs-Brockport-JR-FS-Pool-Final-Ian-Miller-VS-James-Green#.VErOMYvF9y8

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 24, 2014

Dang! I would have LOVED to watch that match. But alas, I'm not James Kessen. :'-(

ps: I love Zeb. He's the man! OWN IT!!!

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

It happened and it should cause pause to question....mostly for Bo Jordan. It was our 1st chance to see him against a true collegiate national contender and it went poorly. A valid point![/quote]

In my opinion the whole tournament showcased Ian as a true prospect at the World Level. The Magic Man has never destroyed Caldwell in consecutive matches as Ian did. Bo Jordan had no prior freestyle experience before this summer. That can't be understated! Bo Jordan's best position is top which can't be accomplished in freestyle. Bo Jordan will win a national title this year. I feel he has the best opportunity to be the next four time champion from Ohio State (after Logan).

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

" Bo Jordan will win a national title this year."

HA! That is far more of a crazy statement than anything else said on this thread. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a Jordan homer. Known his family a long long time. But I would not draw this line until we see how he is doing in February and see that he stays healthy into March. Heck, I won't draw that hard of a line for Logan, purely based on not knowing if he will remain healthy.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

Pat Campbell--Well, hell hath frozen over as I agree with everything you just wrote.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

"

" 'will win a national title this year."

But I would not draw this line until we see how he is doing in February and see that he stays healthy into March. Heck, I won't draw that hard of a line for Logan, purely based on not knowing if he will remain healthy."

Logan Stieber's mental and competitive prowess allows him to get a fourth championship, even if he has to do it with one arm and one leg!

For a person with a normally even keeled personality, Logan has as strong of Mental Fortitude as any wrestler I have seen. He has a quiet confidence bourne from positive outlook, sheer will to win, endless hours on the workout mat, probably from throwing his little brother around in the back yard, and a great devotion to training, outworking everyone else, and getting better.

I am going to enjoy watching him this year, but I am really going to miss him next year!- I think that maybe we have taken his excellence a little for granted!

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

"

" 'will win a national title this year."

But I would not draw this line until we see how he is doing in February and see that he stays healthy into March. Heck, I won't draw that hard of a line for Logan, purely based on not knowing if he will remain healthy."

Logan Stieber's mental and competitive prowess allows him to get a fourth championship, even if he has to do it with one arm and one leg!

For a person with a normally even keeled personality, Logan has as strong of Mental Fortitude as any wrestler I have seen. He has a quiet confidence bourne from positive outlook, sheer will to win, endless hours on the workout mat, probably from throwing his little brother around in the back yard, and a great devotion to training, outworking everyone else, and getting better.

I am going to enjoy watching him this year, but I am really going to miss him next year!- I think that maybe we have taken his excellence a little for granted!"

You did see him lose to Retherfod last year...no? I'm 99 44/100% sure Logan will win a 4th title as well. There is about no one on this planet that can will themselves to a D1 title if injured, especially considering the level of talent we have right now. While I like the optimism, there needs to be a little realism injected here as well.

[quote="Patrick Campbell"]

" Bo Jordan will win a national title this year."

HA! That is far more of a crazy statement than anything else said on this thread.

We will agree to disagree! Barring injury Bo and Logan will stand on top of the podium come March.How is it a crazy statement to think Bo will win a national title this year?

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Pat Campbell--Well, hell hath frozen over as I agree with everything you just wrote."

Hank, I think Bo has better odds of winning a national championship than Hall being able to compete with him at this point. I remember a few months back when Logan lost a few matches internationally, I heard chatter Pico could beat him. It's just not true in both cases. Bo Jordan has had a full two years to scrap with some of the best in the world, although I think Hall has great potential he is not on that level yet.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Pat Campbell--Well, hell hath frozen over as I agree with everything you just wrote."

Hank, I think Bo has better odds of winning a national championship than Hall being able to compete with him at this point. I remember a few months back when Logan lost a few matches internationally, I heard chatter Pico could beat him. It's just not true in both cases. Bo Jordan has had a full two years to scrap with some of the best in the world, although I think Hall has great potential he is not on that level yet."

I remember reading few months back about Logan and Pico sparring. Logan was taking it to him. I would lay money down Bo would destroy Mark Hall in folk style.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 25, 2014

I'm glad to hear that people feel Bo would destroy Hall. I would favor him as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next