Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Bucks Ranked 4th in WIN Preseason Rankings
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Rumors say yes Marstellar is going 157 isn't that a big cut? I guess he is trying to avoid Bo.

I'm kidding about avoiding Bo"

I logged in to comment on this...

I wonder if he is helping the Cowboys position themselves to make a run. With 5 to 7 teams all challenging for a title, perhaps this is what they need.

I find it hard to believe that he will perform at a high level all season long, and still have enough to perform over a three day period at the NCAA in order to maximize points for his team. For his sake, and John Smith's, I hope he does it.

Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Cornell and can we throw in Penn State and Edinboro??? I feel like I'm forgetting someone...

Anywho, it's going to be a great season!"

I don't know but rumor has it Collica is RS and they are saying Chance hates cutting weight and not a fan of cutting to 157 but is going to do it.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

I'll believe it when I see it. And a giant cut like that is an awesome way to run a kid into the ground.

Best of luck to them.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

Marstellar has a scary injury history as well as some documented personal problems. Not a good combo. Now, he's going to make a big weight cut? Not seeing a good outcome here.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

and Dean Heil- 133 ? he has mega talent.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/238842-Walsh-Ironman-2011/video/533597-126-lbs-finals-Jimmy-Guilibon-Derry-vs-Dean-Heil-St-Edward#.U5ddBXJOXhk

Mike Stann added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Rumors say yes Marstellar is going 157 isn't that a big cut? I guess he is trying to avoid Bo.

I'm kidding about avoiding Bo"

I logged in to comment on this...

I wonder if he is helping the Cowboys position themselves to make a run. With 5 to 7 teams all challenging for a title, perhaps this is what they need.

I find it hard to believe that he will perform at a high level all season long, and still have enough to perform over a three day period at the NCAA in order to maximize points for his team. For his sake, and John Smith's, I hope he does it.

Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Cornell and can we throw in Penn State and Edinboro??? I feel like I'm forgetting someone...

Anywho, it's going to be a great season!"

There are a couple of forums out there that are saying that the Altons are out this year due to injury and Andrew's may be career ending. If that's so PSU's lineup will be a far cry from the last four championship years.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on September 16, 2014

Quote from Christian Pyles's post:

"If you rank a true freshman, you basically are projecting.

Projection=the enemy of true "rankings" a process based act. If you project, I think you're rankings are suspect.

A RS Freshman is different, Bo, Tomasello, etc all deserve to be ranked based on their accomplishments in college matches.

Snyder doesn't have one, so he will be unranked. J'den was top 10 by November and began the year unranked. It doesn't take long for the talent to climb quickly and I don't anticipate it'll take long for Kyle and other True Freshman who will start this year."

It's all projecting, but I believe you make your guesses based on who you'd bet your rent money.

My rent money says Kyle Snyder makes All-American. If you feel that the projected 8th at 197 is better, put your $ on him.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 17, 2014

Excellent comment, Mr. Brandt. I may liberally quote you in the future. I'll just pretend I thought of it.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on September 17, 2014

I'll reiterate my concern that the cut to 197 pounds for Snyder will not be an easy one. I think that he and Marsteller may both have difficulty maintaining that weight throughout the season. It may take its toll on them in terms of general physical health and academic performance.

Bruce

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 17, 2014

Quote from Bruce Andrews's post:

"I'll reiterate my concern that the cut to 197 pounds for Snyder will not be an easy one. I think that he and Marsteller may both have difficulty maintaining that weight throughout the season. It may take its toll on them in terms of general physical health and academic performance.

Bruce"

The initial cut might be tough but once he gets down I don't see it being an issue. Coach Ryan raves about how mature this kid is so I see him being very responsible about getting down in a health manner. From everything Ive read on Chance is that he doesn't want to cut weight at all and is not a fan of it so I agree I think it could be a long year for him with that cut.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on September 17, 2014

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Excellent comment, Mr. Brandt. I may liberally quote you in the future. I'll just pretend I thought of it."

Thanks, Hank. What you think of and contribute to this forum far exceeds my efforts.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3