Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Discussion Topic: US Open
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

So Logan beats Marion, Chamberlin and Reece back to back to back. Nice rebound from a tough loss.

Hopefully he beats Frank the Tank to finish a strong 3rd.

Hunter is going for 7th. Both his losses were to guys that are much bigger than he is...Marable and Welch.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Should be a nice finals match between Pico vs Rutherford

Tomasello and Snyder both is in the finals and dominating

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Logan takes 3rd.
Hunter 7th.
Reece 5th.
J.D. 3rd.
Nikko 5th.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Pico with a 7-0 over Retherford.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

I had not watched a lot of Pico before but that's my mistake. He might be the most talented young wrestler I've ever seen.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on April 19, 2014

Doesn't surprise me. Against top guys Retherford's offense is nil. You saw Lou R calling for stalling in the NCAA semi's. He gets so defensive he never pulls the trigger.
BTW anyone think Logan & Reece were at a slight disadvantage as they were moving up to 143.5 lbs. and some of the others were moving down from 149+ ?
And a shout out to Nate T & Kyle S. for 2 dominating performances in Junior FILA.

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on April 20, 2014

Impressive wrestle back results for Logan. Wins by TF over Marion and Chamberlain, then an 8-5 win over Reece, and ends the tournament with a 4-2 win over Molinaro to take 3rd. I saw Oliver defaulted out after losing in the semi-finals. Curious what was going on there.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 20, 2014

Jack: concerningLogan and Reece in that weight class... I thought it was a clear disadvantage for those two. I seriously doubt this is the case but it looks like JO has grown 2+ inches in height-which would/could put on some nice weight.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 20, 2014

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Jack: concerningLogan and Reece in that weight class... I thought it was a clear disadvantage for those two. I seriously doubt this is the case but it looks like JO has grown 2+ inches in height-which would/could put on some nice weight."

Metcalf and Russell are both big. Logan isn't. Logan's ideal weight would be around 137. Having said that...Logan was seconds away from beating Oliver and did come back to defeat four quality opponents en route to third. Certainly, he's a big part of the weight class and how it plays out. Can't say much about Humphrey other than it was not an ideal tourney for him.

Oliver is a great talent but in his match with Russell he appeared to be too passive. He just doesn't pull the trigger. He may need a training situation.

Metcalf looked much better than he has in the past. It has taken him a long time to transition to freestyle but he was the dominant figure at a very tough weight class. Congrats to him.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

J.D.'s semi? can someone fill me in on his semi, seemed to have a good tournament surprised to see the pin late in the match. Was he wining a the time? was he losing and went for big move?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"J.D.'s semi? can someone fill me in on his semi, seemed to have a good tournament surprised to see the pin late in the match. Was he wining a the time? was he losing and went for big move?"

Was winning, then took a shot and got "head pinched" to go down then was cradled and pinned. Wynn Michalak -- didn't see him with one offensive attempt - only scoring came off defense. J.D. was winning, flo announcers were saying Bergman shouldn't go offense because Wynn only scores from D, and then Bergman shot -- and all downhill to the crash from there.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on April 21, 2014; edited 1 time in total

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

I think we can say Metcalf is the class of the weight. That being said I think we could see Logan in the finals against him at the WTT. I thought Logan finally beating Humphrey was a huge boost for him.

As time goes on I think Logan will fill into this weight. Remember this is his first year up at this weight. He has this year and next to grow into the weight before training full time for 2016.

What I wonder is where will Pico end up. If he goes to 163 that would be interesting to see with Burroughs, Taylor, Dake and whoever else may end up there.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

I loved the Burroughs interview when he said "I gotta win a couple more titles before Pico hits the scene."

John Ice added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

All in all I thought the U.S. Open was fantastic. Great matchups throughout the event. Now they got to figure out how to fit in OT.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 21, 2014

Quote from John Ice's post:

"All in all I thought the U.S. Open was fantastic. Great matchups throughout the event. Now they got to figure out how to fit in OT."

+1

And why, why, why!!!!!!! do I have a feeling the powers-that-be are going to mess it up!?!?!?!?!

0:00:00.00, start the count up when the whistle blows!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next