Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: 2015 Ohio State Recruiting
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on April 10, 2014

I took at look at the senior class in Ohio for next year and, to be blunt, it lacks high end talent. Quite frankly I struggled to find one wrestler in the '15 graduating class from Ohio who is an obvious Ohio State offer.

The following wrestlers would be graduating or exhausting their eligibility:

Randy Languis,
Josh Demas,
Kosta Karageorge, and,
Logan Stieber.

The lineup for 2015-16 would project like this:
125 - Tomasello (RSSo)/Roberts (RSJr)
133 - DiJulius (RSSr)/Roberts (RSJr)
141 - Jarrod Boone (RSSr)/Cody Burcher (RSFr)
149 - Hunter Stieber (RSSr)/Jake Ryan (RSFr)
157 - Micah Jordan (RSFr)/Jake Ryan (RSFr)
165 - Bo Jordan (RSSo)/Dom Prezzia (RSJr)
174 - Mark Martin (Sr)/Ryan Harris-Seth Williams (RSFr)
184 - Kenny Courts (RSSr)/Ryan Harris-Seth Williams (RSFr)
197 - Kyle Snyder (So)/?
285 - Nick Tavanello (RSJr)/Thomas Haines (RSFr)

Looks like the focus would be 133/141 with 174/184 being in there as well. Any thoughts on who the Buckeyes are/should be focusing on and who they might be likely to land?

Anything Dano might want to add to the prophetic Book of Dano?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on April 10, 2014

I did come across a tweet that Ryan mentioned specifically they were looking for 141 and 184. Those are the biggest area of concerns I have in terms of depth. I think we all realize it's 2015 or bust. The only other year I could see would be 2018.

In terms of Ohio recruits I can't see anyone that would fit those options. I think somebody they look at is Stoker from Iowa. He fits the bill for 141 in the future. I see a lot of numbers maybe coming in from within the state but nothing of significance.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on April 10, 2014

I think the Valencia's would be Ideal!!!they have to be going all out for those two! We add them and we are set as title contenders for years to come! I've been praying one day I log on it says they are committed. I think it would be the perfect situation for them also.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 10, 2014

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"I think the Valencia's would be Ideal!!!they have to be going all out for those two! We add them and we are set as title contenders for years to come! I've been praying one day I log on it says they are committed. I think it would be the perfect situation for them also."

The 184 could be a fit for one or both of them. I can't see either ever making 141. Zahid, who competed at 132 during the season, just competed at 152 at the Folkstyle nationals in IA last weekend. You'd have to project him at a higher weight than 141.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

I have never seen any comments from the coach on this issue, but I have always assumed that either Roberts or Tomasello will move up to 133 through natural growth, and JDJ would grow into 141 by October 2015.

Roberts will have to be a backup this year to Tomsello, but I had assumed that he would probably be the 133 for two years after that. (Or, i have heard on this site that Nate carries a little extra weight, so it might be easier for him to transition to 133 for 2015-2016, and leave Nick at 125.)

I have always thought that Johnni looks extremely skinny for his height, and that he could easily add a little muscle and move up to 141 after Logan leaves.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

the answer is:

ohio st is looking for a 133, 141, and 184.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"I think the Valencia's would be Ideal!!!they have to be going all out for those two! We add them and we are set as title contenders for years to come! I've been praying one day I log on it says they are committed. I think it would be the perfect situation for them also."

The 184 could be a fit for one or both of them. I can't see either ever making 141. Zahid, who competed at 132 during the season, just competed at 152 at the Folkstyle nationals in IA last weekend. You'd have to project him at a higher weight than 141."

I heard he just bumped up to wrestle Jojo smith I believe. He didn't cut at all. I'm pretty sure he projects at as 141/149 and Anthony as a 74/84

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

posted on this forum Jan 26:

Discussion Topic: My Questions for Tom Ryan
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 26, 2014

"141 and 184 are critical for us. The future is bright. High character, highly tough, highly inspired people are a must. This sport is brutal." - TR

how bout the Valencia brothers? great juniors, 132 & 170 now, Ironman champs both, have all the ingredients, and under one roof. ...s/BobP

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

What does Dano think about the Buckeyes chances with said brothers?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 12, 2014

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"What does Dano think about the Buckeyes chances with said brothers?"

Dano thinks is a no-go, there are other suitors in better position, probably Penn st or illinois if they need the wts--- or maybe the new bad-boy on the recruiting trail Northwesten under former Fairview Park 3X ohio sc Drew Parianao.

for 184 ohio st likes very much MYLES MARTIN, McDonogh Maryland kid-- Ironman runnerup to Anthony Valencia at 170, Martin will probably not wr his senior year in hs, he will like Kyle Snyder train at the OTC. Ohio st has alot of comp for Martin too, however a much better chance to get him, he likes the buckeyes.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on April 12, 2014

Dano what recruits do you see on the radar then for the buckeyes or will they have a down year recruiting?

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"Dano what recruits do you see on the radar then for the buckeyes or will they have a down year recruiting?"

Dan, this is #bookemdano material-- ow.netters always the first to know & best informed, this will soon appear on other sites:

buckeyes have money, for a 184 hopefully Myles Martin.

for a 141 perhaps Kolodzik or Fredie Stroker from Iowa-- yes i said it Stroker u heard it here, he likes the buckeyes, ranked by Fickel # 1 junior at 132 ahead of #2 Valencia .

and the mighty 133 Piccininni from New York. Sorry not much with ohio guys but we are in a bit of a slump now in our senior class compared to the usual bountiful situation.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on April 12, 2014

I would guess that Kolodzik wants to go Ivy based on the interview he gave when he transferred to Blair.

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"I would guess that Kolodzik wants to go Ivy based on the interview he gave when he transferred to Blair."

yes u right, Kolodzik a longer shot, his bro went to Princeton-- but then again this Kolodzik is a better wrestler than his bro, that fact might enter into his decision. Many National Merit winners & finalists do attend Ohio st university nowadays.

as u imply Pat, ohio st is not counting on Matthew Kolodzik, still he is being recruited by ohio st.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 12, 2014

The institution which lands Matthew Kolodzik will be a better institution the moment he steps on their campus. That kid is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next