Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Liam Bateman added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

I think Tanner Hall will be finishing his mission in Africa soon and will be ready to wrestle. I could see him fitting in perfectly with Coach Ryans philosophy and fitting in with The boys at RTC- who's Faith is as strong as their gut wrenches.
We shall see.....

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

Not that I think Haines is a bad pick up, but Snyder destroyed Haines twice last year and Hall beat Snyder for the world team, just sayin'.
Not sure if they're even talking but it wouldn't surprise me.

Matt Hall added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

"I think Tanner Hall will be finishing his mission in Africa soon and will be ready to wrestle. I could see him fitting in perfectly with Coach Ryans philosophy and fitting in with The boys at RTC- who's Faith is as strong as their gut wrenches.
We shall see....."

If I were a betting man I would put money on Tanner Hall ending up at Penn State and following a similar path as Matt Brown. Fyi, I think he has another year before he finishes up his mission.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 10, 2013

Quote from Matt Hall's post:

"If I were a betting man I would put money on Tanner Hall ending up at Penn State and following a similar path as Matt Brown. Fyi, I think he has another year before he finishes up his mission."

Matt, is this a #bookemdano? If it is, please hold out on that information until another day. I can't handle the truth right now.

The name you share with Tanner makes me wonder if you have some connection (though it's not that common of a name and he's from 2,500 miles away).

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 10, 2013

Tanner Hall is Mormon as is Cael Sanderson, so there is a connection.

Matt Hall added to this discussion on July 10, 2013

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Matt, is this a #bookemdano? If it is, please hold out on that information until another day. I can't handle the truth right now."

Definitely not a #bookemdano. Even if it were a sure thing I wouldn't use the trademarked #bookemdano.

Hmmm... got me thinking. What would a good catchphrase for me be?

How about... #readmylips

Matt Hall added to this discussion on July 10, 2013

"The name you share with Tanner makes me wonder if you have some connection (though it's not that common of a name and he's from 2,500 miles away)."

As far as I know, Tanner and I are not related. Although I have claimed to be related to both Monty and Arsenio.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 10, 2013

Quote from Matt Hall's post:

"
As far as I know, Tanner and I are not related. Although I have claimed to be related to both Monty and Arsenio."

As I recall (from the tOSU vs KSU match a couple years ago)....you do have a striking resemblance to Arsenio. As for a hashtag for you. C'mon Matt, your a humble guy. It speaks for it's self. You don't need that ;-)

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on July 11, 2013

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

"Not that I think Haines is a bad pick up, but Snyder destroyed Haines twice last year and Hall beat Snyder for the world team, just sayin'.
Not sure if they're even talking but it wouldn't surprise me."

OK, so he's only the 2nd best at his weight in the nation, dump him. :)

though I think he sees himself as a 285 while Snyder plans to stay at 195?

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 11, 2013

Paging Dano, any idea if this tweet is in reference to anyone specific?

Excited about the 2014 recruiting class. Go Bucks! - Tom Ryan

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 11, 2013

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Paging Dano, any idea if this tweet is in reference to anyone specific?

Excited about the 2014 recruiting class. Go Bucks! - Tom Ryan"

Tom always upbeat-- he thinks they will have Snyder and Micah Jordan, maybe Bo Nickel, maybe Haines-- and they need a 141 several of whom they r looking at incl McKenna of Blair or Jason Nolf of PA. ...s/Dano

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 11, 2013

Thanks. Was hoping for a Dano special!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 13, 2013

"It's also possible that PSU reduced what was offered to him after getting a commitment from Nevills. I don't have any reason to think this happened, but it's entirely possible. The point is that we don't know the details, and so we really don't know what his exact motives are for decommitting.

Even if they are less hard-nosed motives than we'd like... the guy is 17 or 18 years old. I know I wasn't able to make decisions well when I was a senior in high school.

Frankly I really respect the way his dad responded to the situation. I hope the best for Haines, wherever he ends up (unless, of course, he winds up somewhere outside of Ohio, in which case I cannot possibly wish him anything better than 2nd place)."

Some more info from Haines' dad. It appears PSU is the party that backed out--not Haines. Perhaps judgements of Haines' attitude were premature.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/penn_states_cael_sanderson_cha.html#incart_river_default

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 13, 2013

nothing wrong with Haines tude, he feels betrayed, who wouldnt? Wants to go where he is wanted. Just like yo GF telling u "i need space". Or "i'm going in a different direction". We all get it, been there, done that. No mystery there.

update: over at st Eds fargo junior ntls camp, Dake was here yesterday. They think Armando Torres of Elyria, who is a junior, can win 113.

also surprise Tomasello 120 still. He looks it, paying th price to try to win his 3rd fargo freestyle title in a row.

ohio st needs McKenna too, maybe more than Haines? ohio st needs a 141 who can compete wiht penn states Retherford.

...s/BobP (aka Dano's bro, separated at birth)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 13, 2013

What weight does Micah Jordan project to?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next