Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"
According to twitter today Haines will have in-home visits with Cornell, Maryland and Ohio State but has not de-committed."

Retweeted.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

[quote="James Kessen: According to twitter today Haines will have in-home visits with Cornell, Maryland and Ohio State but has not de-committed.[/quote]

ha, ha, thats rich --- thats like telling your fiance, "Sweetheart we are still engaged to be married, however i will be dating Mary, Jane and Nancy" (& maybe others).

only Dano could pull this off.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"[quote="James Kessen: According to twitter today Haines will have in-home visits with Cornell, Maryland and Ohio State but has not de-committed."

ha, ha, thats rich --- thats like telling your fiance, "Sweetheart we are still engaged to be married, however i will be dating Mary, Jane and Nancy" (& maybe others).

only Dano could pull this off.[/quote]

Bob:

Does that mean 'dating' as in going to dinner or a movie? - Or does it mean dating as in 'let me show you the shag carpet in the back of my van'???

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"[Bob:

Does that mean 'dating' as in going to dinner or a movie? - Or does it mean dating as in 'let me show you the shag carpet in the back of my van'???"

Pat, that line only works for followers of the Grateful Dead.

whatever line it is, im doubting Cael is buying it or Haines is believing it. let's face it, Penn st DISSED Haines after he verbaled to them prior to last season. Haines got jilted bad, but maybe Penn st is so important to him he goes back to them.

wasnt my style, i'd maintain a stiff upper lip, go off in some dark place and brood, but everyones different. ...s/BobP

Matt Hall added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/21469-Haines-Hits-The-Open-Market

Excerpt from the Flo article...

"On Monday, Thomas’s father, David cleared the air. “Thomas will not be going to Penn State,” he said. “Thomas isn’t exactly upset, but it took him by surprise. He thought Cael looked on him favorably. But we understand that’s the nature of recruiting; one door closes, another one opens.”"

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

Matt: here's hoping the draft I feel is the Ohio State door that is open. Can never have too much talent in the room!

Quote from Matt Hall's post:

"http://www.flowrestling.org/article/21469-Haines-Hits-The-Open-Market

Excerpt from the Flo article...

"On Monday, Thomas’s father, David cleared the air. “Thomas will not be going to Penn State,” he said. “Thomas isn’t exactly upset, but it took him by surprise. He thought Cael looked on him favorably. But we understand that’s the nature of recruiting; one door closes, another one opens.”""

didnt read flo but its exactly what i said. (of couse Haines is upset, who wouldnt be?)

Matt Hall added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

So, what do you guys think? The Buckeyes are looking for a heavyweight and Thomas Haines is available. Is Thomas Haines a good fit? A team only has 9.9 scholarships. Is he a can't miss recruit? What is his ceiling? How much of a scholarship do the buckeyes have to offer (1/2, full,..)?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

Just because you land another recruit at "your" weight doesn't mean he wasn't looked upon favorably. Haines doesn't feel he can beat the CA kid so he moves out. CA kid didn't shy away from going there and he KNEW who'd already committed there. I see why a school would want him but I have my reservations.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

Brady: Let's consider another possibility. Imagine that Cael offered Haines a very modest scholarship. Haines accepts it because it's his dream to wrestle for PSU. Then he finds out that more money is being offered to Nevills. Could be that he's ticked off and feels he can get a better offer elsewhere.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

I agree Hank, one of the 2 had to have a minimal $ amount for a scholarship, I'm guessing Haines because he's in state. Otherwise I think it would be a bad decision by Cael to spend lots of $ on 2 guys that can pretty much only wrestle 1 weight.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

The money thing my be all true, bit still doesn't change the fact that Haines had agreed to whatever offer was made to him, the when CA kid signed, he left. If the deal $ was the issue, why'd he agree to it to begin with?

No doubt Haines is a stud, you don't win those PA titles if you're not. Just seems more like his feelings were hurt (see his dad's comments) so he's "taking his talents" to another school instead of battling it out for the spot.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"[quote="James Kessen: According to twitter today Haines will have in-home visits with Cornell, Maryland and Ohio State but has not de-committed."

only Dano could pull this off."

Bob:

Does that mean 'dating' as in going to dinner or a movie? - Or does it mean dating as in 'let me show you the shag carpet in the back of my van'???[/quote]

Pat is dating himself here. #postsfromthe70s

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

It's also possible that PSU reduced what was offered to him after getting a commitment from Nevills. I don't have any reason to think this happened, but it's entirely possible. The point is that we don't know the details, and so we really don't know what his exact motives are for decommitting.

Even if they are less hard-nosed motives than we'd like... the guy is 17 or 18 years old. I know I wasn't able to make decisions well when I was a senior in high school.

Frankly I really respect the way his dad responded to the situation. I hope the best for Haines, wherever he ends up (unless, of course, he winds up somewhere outside of Ohio, in which case I cannot possibly wish him anything better than 2nd place).

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 9, 2013

Dano tweets me: enough already, that he is bored to tears by all this "scorned lover" analysis by MEN.

After all, men usually are the ones wondering what hit them as they are shown the door, shaving gear & dirty clothes in hand.

Dano tells me he has had countless room keys and undergarments thrown at him on stage-- and has suffered threats from countless jilted boyfriends. He knows this drama well.

Dano says its simple, Haines was jilted when he verbaled to his dream homestate school, then is shown contempt. Age old story, no mystery here, let's move on. For further edification tweet him @Dano.com

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next