Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"Bob, put Danos next xx on my tap and pose the question...besides Micah Jordan who are the Buckeyes coveting?"

be apprised Jamie, careful what u wish for, Dano has expensive tastes (at least his ladies do). U wouldnt know the guy was brought up in Akron the son of a rubber worker. Before flying out this morning back to Vegas, he went thru a bottle of my Gray Goose vodka.

Opinions:
..Micah Jordan is a MUST-- not geting him would be, in Dano opinion, THE most devastating loss ever to Ryan, more than Taylor who Ryan knew was going with Cael.

out of state, maybe Bo Nickel of Allen Texas projected 174/184? that would be Dano choice with Nevills gone, plus Dano now would re-open the Haines recruitment if possible.

let's talk OHIO guys, sometimes overlooked.
Ohio had 11 AAs at NCAA, but only 3 wr for ohio st, leaves us thinking who else would be a nice-to-get?? maybe 182 Aaron Adkins of St V, maybe 138 Alex Mossing of Toledo CC, maybe 160 Dakota Sizemore of Moeller, maybe 160 Ryan Harris of Beachwood.

Dano will ponder who else when his head feels better.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Posters on an unnamed site are reporting that Thomas Haines has officially reopened his recruitment. Would like to see the Bucks go after him hard.

Jim White added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Question for Dano...do college coaches kids attend that university for free? If yes is it possible to add Jordan to tosu staff freeing up lots of scholarship money (Bo,Micah and Rocky) ? I've pondered this possibility for several years.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 6, 2013

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Posters on an unnamed site are reporting that Thomas Haines has officially reopened his recruitment. Would like to see the Bucks go after him hard."

Michigan has Coon, Illinois has Black, PSU grabbed Nevills....Haines and tOSU would make sense if he is indeed available. Of course, the Bucks have to want him and vice versa. If I'm Tom Ryan and I do want him, I probably can the whole "you can work out with Tervel, J.D., Tom Rowlands,etc..." pitch. Hasn't worked yet. I'd go the George Costanza route and say the opposite.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 6, 2013

"Posters on an unnamed site are reporting that Thomas Haines has officially reopened his recruitment. Would like to see the Bucks go after him hard."

JJ,
yes its true-- Haines called Cael and de-committed. And Ohio St is actively recruiting the projected hvwt Haines who is already a 3X class AAA PA state champ. (Could this Nevills recruitment backfire on Cael ??)

Jim White,
u bring up interesting point-- however coach Jeff Jordan runs camps for a living down there and his camps are very popular with top kids from all over the country. Some like David Taylor choose to move to St Paris (from Wyoming) to be coached by Jordan. CoachJ is happy where he is at, making a good living & running the SPG dynasty. ...s/BobP

Don Bork added to this discussion on July 6, 2013

And that his youngest, Rocky, is still in middle school. I expect Jeff would be at SPG at least until his graduation.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 6, 2013

why would Jordan EVER leave??? he is making $$$, he is the boss, he is the king of champagne county (or Jim is). --he has the gig from heaven. i would never leave.

btw, for those doubters out there, Dano in concert.
See Viva Las Vegas http://rockhall.com/blog/post/7132_10-essential-elvis-presley-songs/
he will be performing a medley of Elvis hits at WalshJ prior to Ironman finals.

Jim White added to this discussion on July 6, 2013

Bob,
I consider coach Jordan a 'brilliant' businessman and am not suggesting he leave SPG at all, just posing the question about coach Ryan having a couple of extra scholarships further adding to the depth of the room. I thought it might a perfect 'marriage' and increase my buckeyes chances of a NCAA title. The camps are in the summer after all.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

Jim: Several years ago I heard Jordan was asked if he was interested and declined. Source was probably Bob P though I don't recall. He's a great coach so it obviously would make sense both from your "free ride" perspective as well as in room skill.

Along similar lines, perhaps Mister Brisket needs to hire the son of a great cattle rancher.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jim: Several years ago I heard Jordan was asked if he was interested and declined. Source was probably Bob P though I don't recall. "

Hank, i cannot take "credit" for that rumor. ive always been in the camp that says WHY would JeffJ ever leave this place in heaven that he has carved out for himself??

(Jim, ohio st is only allowed by ncaaa to have 3 asst coaches-- the 2 main ones are Rosselli and Jaggers, and the so-called volunteer coach is Thatcher. So ohio st not in the market for any more coaches.)

Jim White added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

Hank, today might be your lucky day! Two of my former employees (osu grads) raised grand champion steers, we also had a national champion rider, and my business partners son is a champion roper( he's only eight though). We have a good crop of corn , the pasture looks good and the cattle will definitely be great because they'll be raised ...you guessed it... In champaign county. ; ) ( hope to stop in next time were up that way)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

Jim: Who'd have thought a wrestling forum could be such a potentially productive place to do business!

Pat Campbell--Send me some fresh fish.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

Quote from Jim White's post:

"Hank, today might be your lucky day! Two of my former employees (osu grads) raised grand champion steers, we also had a national champion rider, and my business partners son is a champion roper( he's only eight though). We have a good crop of corn , the pasture looks good and the cattle will definitely be great because they'll be raised ...you guessed it... In champaign county."

Jim,
exactly, thats why i said Jordan wont ever leave-- gods country.

Hank,
send 5 pounds of rainbow trout to my domicile by taxi, bill it to Niemann for all the shots he's taken at me.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 7, 2013

And...I'm from Champaign County to boot ;-)

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on July 8, 2013

According to twitter today Haines will have in-home visits with Cornell, Maryland and Ohio State but has not de-committed.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next