Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 4, 2013

no but ohio st in on a laundry list of kids still, ohioans too, with Snyder this too will be a very good class i am guessing.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 4, 2013

Heavyweights:
- Haines wasn't all that competitive with Snyder honestly; Snyder beat him up pretty good in both their matches, but Haines would still be a good get.

Maybe Haines doesn't feel intimidated about Nevills showing up in the recruiting class. Maybe he feels that Nevills is the guy who is going to be sitting the bench. I don't know if Haines has (m)any career losses other than those to Snyder. I don't know what the $ situation looks like for Haines though; that could be a big factor.

- Do the Bucks go after Sam Stoll? He is uncommitted and fresh off a very nice win over Cadet World Champion Adam Coon and a greco win over an accomplished Orry Elor.

-----

Perhaps when Jason said "3 in the top 5" he was referring to Jered Cortez, who at one point was announced to PSU but then that announcement was quickly recanted.

-----

Middleweights:
1) I wonder where Bo Nickal winds up? He is a pretty athletic guy who should be fun to watch in college.

2) Jake Ryan is such a great "get" for tOSU. He's been improving at a very quick rate the last couple years and will cost the team no scholarship money since his dad is an OSU employee. I don't know what the best case scenario, he starts for several years and competes for some All-America finishes (I don't say this to impose a ceiling on his potential, but he's such a newcomer to national relevance that it's difficult to say what he's capable of). Worst case scenario, he works hard in the room, pushes people, maybe even quits the team at some point because it's too weird wrestling under his dad, but the program has lost no scholarship money.

-----

the Golden man weighs in with his usual keen observations.

(no, no Dano, no more XX for me, yes i know u r "the most interesting man in the world", but ive had enough.)

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 4, 2013

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

2) Jake Ryan is such a great "get" for tOSU. He's been improving at a very quick rate the last couple years and will cost the team no scholarship money since his dad is an OSU employee. I don't know what the best case scenario, he starts for several years and competes for some All-America finishes (I don't say this to impose a ceiling on his potential, but he's such a newcomer to national relevance that it's difficult to say what he's capable of). Worst case scenario, he works hard in the room, pushes people, maybe even quits the team at some point because it's too weird wrestling under his dad, but the program has lost no scholarship money.
"

I fully agree. Watching how Tom progressed in college and knowing Jake seems to have that attitude is reason enough for me to want him in the room. Jake has been a good wrestler all along and maybe not being on the national stage has been a good thing for him. Let him get to work and show what he has.

[quote=" (HEADS-UP, Ryan son gonna help ohio st too, eventually, going to Columbus st now, will enroll Winter-- working out at RTC and looking good!)[/quote]

ah yes, i believe one Mr Dano mentioned young Ryan on previous page. U fellows right, he can help.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 4, 2013

I was speaking in reference to your post when I commented on Jake Ryan, Bob.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 4, 2013

Ben: you also forgot to mention Ironman. The Ironman is a prestigious high school wrestling tournament held Walsh Jesuit High School. Some of today's college superstars wrestled in this tournament. Some have considered it the Cruiser Invitational of NEO. I'd say that's almost legit.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Nevills to Penn State was an intial blow to my psyche. I really thought he was coming to Columbus. I thought he might be the "over the top" piece the Buckeyes needed. I know everyone is counting 14-15 as a national title run, but I still struggle to find the points to outscore Minnesota. Anyways, I pondered this thought and it did help ease my mind.....if you could have Jordan/Snyder or Marsteller/Nevills....which would you choose?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Jamie: Really good question. My answer is I'll take Bo Jordan over anyone else. Two Reasons: Best Ohio wrestler since Logan. He's Jeff Jordan's son. To me, Jordan more important to Ohio State than anyone else.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Quote from Jamie Teel's post:

"if you could have Jordan/Snyder or Marsteller/Nevills....which would you choose?"

JT, before he guzzled his last XX, the "most interesting man in the world" Dano said he would choose Bo/Snyder AND Nevills. ---or better yet Bo/Snyder and MICAH.

Pico rightfully is geting all-world praise however some forget that in the "NE ohio version of the Cruiser invitational" 132 finals:
Micah cut Pico loose with 30 seconds left and score tied 3-3, took risk but lost in a pretty even match. ...s/BobP

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Having watched film on both Bo and Marsteller, I would take Bo straight up. I know the PA contingent disagrees, but Bo is just too powerful. And Bo excels on the mat.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Ben: you also forgot to mention Ironman. The Ironman is a prestigious high school wrestling tournament held Walsh Jesuit High School. Some of today's college superstars wrestled in this tournament. Some have considered it the Cruiser Invitational of NEO. I'd say that's almost legit."

Mark I haven't heard of this "Ironman" tournament. I have, however, heard of another tournament Walsh Jesuit hosts called IRONMAN.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 5, 2013

[quote="Ben Golden[/quote]Mark I haven't heard of this "Ironman" tournament. I have, however, heard of another tournament Walsh Jesuit hosts called IRONMAN.[/quote]

it has no significance, a mere blip on the schedule.
i may go golfing at Myrtle Beach that weekend.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jamie: Really good question. My answer is I'll take Bo Jordan over anyone else. Two Reasons: Best Ohio wrestler since Logan. He's Jeff Jordan's son. To me, Jordan more important to Ohio State than anyone else."

I absolutly agree. It cant be underestimated how important it was to establish at least a link to Grahm...they have some HAMMERS coming and any foot in the recruiting door tOSU can get is important. Also, as previously stated, Ryan has gotten some GREAT all around kids recently, which helps...certainly doesn't guarentee anything, but it helps.
Lastly, I think Bo Jordan is going to be phenominal...an absolute Buckeye to be proud of. Which is why I posed the question bo/snyder or marsteller/nevills. The responses have been my thoughts exactly, we love Bo. But the most exciting thing to me is this...I would bet Bo doesnt score as many points at NCAAS as Kyle Snyder throughout their careers!

Bob, put Danos next xx on my tap and pose the question...besides Micah Jordan who are the Buckeyes coveting?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next