Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: If ifs and buts were candy and nuts......
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"I believe that Cael recruited Long to ISU. I feel when there is a change of coaches and an athlete wants to follow the coach who recruited him, I have no issue with the move."

Ethan, philosophically I agree with you, but I don't think the NCAA ever will. That would in essence be conceding those guys are athlete-students, who care more about the coach than the school and its education, and not student-athletes.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"Only slightly off topic. How many games does Ohio state win last season if Tressel does not knowingly play guys who broke NCAA rules?

Let's be balanced in discussions like this.

Hank, I am a bit confused. What do you mean by Iowa State "allowing the transfer"? Any student can transfer schools at any time they so choose (well, between terms). I understand what you mean about not allowing him to compete, but a school to the best of my knowledge cannot prevent a student (which I think athletes still are) from transferring. Was I misreading that, or missing something?"

Gary
Have you ever wrestled? I only ask becuase I have seen you post on here and yappi and I don't think I have ever seen you post anything about wrestling its usually something negative to stir the pot?

Again I'm just asking so don't get your panties in bunch."

Many, many years ago.

Why would I get upset with a simple question? Though I don't think my post in this thread was at all negative. I simply brought up another abuse of rules, just like the thread had started with. My hunch is if my example involved ANYONE else but Tressel you would not have made your post to me.

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

"
Gary
Have you ever wrestled? I only ask becuase I have seen you post on here and yappi and I don't think I have ever seen you post anything about wrestling its usually something negative to stir the pot?

It's obvious that if he ever did wrestle, he is not interested in discussing wrestling. He was probaby a youth wrestler that got abused and somehow sees this as a way to exact his revenge on all of us. How astute that you noticed he wears panties ;) Or, at least he acts like he does, no man would carry on the way he does or even post on a site that has as much disrespect for him/her as the folks on this one seem to have for Gary. Some folks just don't know when to go away...or at the very least change their attitude a little."

When I was a youth there was little, if any, youth wrestling.

Patrick, my attitude needs a change because I don't pray at the alter of Scarlet and Grey? I will make you a serious offer. Whenever I am factually incorrect, please feel free to point it out with whatever the correct facts might be. But in this case, Tressel knowingly played guys who were in violation of NCAA rules.

As I had said, I knew my post was a bit off topic, but I found it interesting that people who defend or at the very least excuse blatant abuse of rules would question someone who played within them.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

I don't recall mentioning tOSU anywhere in the post. I was pointing out your stupidity. Your stupidity and tOSU are 2 separate issues. You have not seen me post on Tressel once on this site. It's a wrestling site Gary, why would anyone bring up Tressel? What would it take to keep you on the topic of wrestling and leave the rest of your stupidity behind?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

"

"

"Only slightly off topic. How many games does Ohio state win last season if Tressel does not knowingly play guys who broke NCAA rules?

Let's be balanced in discussions like this.

Hank, I am a bit confused. What do you mean by Iowa State "allowing the transfer"? Any student can transfer schools at any time they so choose (well, between terms). I understand what you mean about not allowing him to compete, but a school to the best of my knowledge cannot prevent a student (which I think athletes still are) from transferring. Was I misreading that, or missing something?"

Gary

Many, many years ago.

Why would I get upset with a simple question? Though I don't think my post in this thread was at all negative. I simply brought up another abuse of rules, just like the thread had started with. My hunch is if my example involved ANYONE else but Tressel you would not have made your post to me."

Considering I didnt go to OSU and don't know Tressel or don't really care to meet him I could careless what coach you mentioned.

FYI
This is a site about Ohio wrestling not about all things OSU. Plus I love how you assume anyone that doesn't want to read your dumbass post is automatically a buckeye fan instead of someone that actually wants to talk about wrestling.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

"... Whenever I am factually incorrect, please feel free to point it out with whatever the correct facts might be..."

I've pointed out on numerous occasions that your assertion regarding the 1980s being a bygone era of trust, honesty and integrity is a load of crap.

"I will make you a serious offer. Whenever I am factually incorrect, please feel free to point it out with whatever the correct facts might be."

I will make you a serious offer Gary, whenever you post anything that is not constructive about wrestling...we get to kick you in the "candy & nuts."

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

"I will make you a serious offer Gary, whenever you post anything that is not constructive about wrestling...we get to kick you in the "candy & nuts.""

Never heard of "candy & nuts", my favorite is taken from Mike and Mike -- "Brat and Potatoes".

... on the topic, IF you were starting a team and could pick any one CURRENT collegiate wrestler, who would it be?

My pick -- Quentin Wright. I don't think he's the best of the best, but his off mat qualities (as seen through his interviews) have me sold.

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"
Never heard of "candy & nuts", my favorite is taken from Mike and Mike -- "Brat and Potatoes"."

It was just the name of the post Hiatt...GRRRRRR :)

"
... on the topic, IF you were starting a team and could pick any one CURRENT collegiate wrestler, who would it be?

My pick -- Quentin Wright. I don't think he's the best of the best, but his off mat qualities (as seen through his interviews) have me sold."

If you ain't taking D.T., then I ain't taking D.T.. You know him better than any of us, so you must be thinking something. Since you took Wright, I'll take Dake.

"

"

My pick -- Quentin Wright. I don't think he's the best of the best, but his off mat qualities (as seen through his interviews) have me sold."

If you ain't taking D.T., then I ain't taking D.T.. You know him better than any of us, so you must be thinking something. Since you took Wright, I'll take Dake."

It is nothing against D.T. -- I think he is a great kid and for me it was Q or D.T., D.T. is a great choice as would be Ruth, Dake, etc. Q's interviews, how he handles wins and losses just has really impressed me. Plus his throws have serious WOW factor.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on March 20, 2011; edited 1 time in total

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

Am I allowed to take Burroughs!? Cat has a double that CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!!!

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Am I allowed to take Burroughs!? Cat has a double that CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!!!"

Yes and I would want to wrestle your team next year. Burroughs can be your grad asst. coach. His eligibility is over -- but good pick. :-)

Bill Watson added to this discussion on March 21, 2011

I'll take Logan Stieber, I have him for four years instead of two or three and he's as talented as anyone.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 21, 2011

Stieber, hands down.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 21, 2011

"

"

Which ... is ... why ... I ... asked!!! ;-)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next