Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Finals Predictions
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

125: Robles. McDonough is one of the top three guys in the country but he's at a huge disadvantage in this matchup.

133: Oliver.

141: Russell: all these close wins and then he's gonna lose to Novachkov? Nope.

149: Dake got a perfect draw. LeValley (his kryptonite) got taken out. Caldwell, who'd crush him if healthy (he'd crush the field for that matter in my opinion) was hiding his shoulder problem all season. I picked Molinaro in the contest but Dake will probably eke out the win.

157: Taylor will break Bubba by the middle of the second period. If he stays healthy, Taylor has the style to make a serious run at Cael's record.

165: Burroughs is the best wrestler in the country but Caldwell knows what's coming. Still, Burrough only needs one takedown; he'll find it and win.

174: Reader has had some tough moments in an otherwise tremendous career. But tonite he finishes with a lopsided win.

184: Quentin Wright is so hot right now that Obama should harness him as a brand new energy source. Hamlin has almost no chance.

197: Kilgore makes Kent history.

285: For some reason, all the top guys look to be about 6'2" and 255 lbs. Kind of how Orry Elor is built. I'll take Flores.

Best wrestler not to win this year:
Fittery

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

Robles looked good. I'm so mixed about Robles. I love his story. I respect that he is an incredible wrestler. I still wish he was wrestling 141 or 149. I know there is no way to legitimately equalizie the thing, but he is so overpowering at 125. Those arms are so long and so strong. He tilted McDonough like it was nothing. Oh well, like I said, it's a great story and he has a lot to be proud of. I have enjoyed watching him wrestle the last few years.

Oliver steam-rolled through this tourney. Pressure and that awesome blast double. If he stays healthy, he certainly has a couple of titles left in him. No doubt Hochstrasser is the 2nd best wrestler in the class, but it's not a close 2nd.

Russell vs. Novachkov was a great match. Impressive that Russell could muster that throw straight to Novachkov's back at the end with the bum ankle. Fun match to watch.

Dake was stuck on Molinaro like glue. 2 minutes of riding time in the 1st period alone. I can't believe Molinaro actually took down in the 2nd. To add insult to injury, Dake nails him with a reversal right off the bat in the 3rd. Dake was on fire from the whistle. Molinaro was never in this match. To Molinaro's credit, he did avenge one of his losses this year at the tourney.

That did NOT just happen. D.T. pushes the whole match and gets caught in a craddle. It was tight. David was not getting out of that. Congrats Bubba. A terrible way to loose for David. But, in the national finals, if you make a mistake, you pay. Looking forward to watching David for a LONG time to come!

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

Congrats to Bubba I say! I'm kind of sympathetic to him because I feel like he's received an unfair amount of hate.

Congrats to Taylor on a great season. I was one of those who claimed he would win 4 titles, and I was obviously wrong!

Regarding the match itself, I was a little surprised Taylor didn't go after him a little more aggressively to try to wear him out. Even if he gets taken down, he is likely to come out on top of the scrambles and wear Bubba down. I'm sure he'll come back even stronger to give his best to win a title next year. Still an incredible wrestler.

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Congrats to Bubba I say! I'm kind of sympathetic to him because I feel like he's received an unfair amount of hate."

Yea, that has been ridiculous all year. No hate on Bubba from me. But being from Champaign County, I am pretty biased towards David.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

How about this: Arizona State 2 NCAA Champs?!?!?!!! A year or two ago the program was going to be dropped!

Burroughs is a beast! I was impressed that he pushed to the end with the late takedown.

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"How about this: Arizona State 2 NCAA Champs?!?!?!!! A year or two ago the program was going to be dropped!"

2 thumbs up on that!

Reader with the sweep. That had to hurt. An absolute manhandler.

Quentin Wright was on a mission. Man, once he finally got healthy last month, he switched gears. Nice doubles in this match.

Kilgore giving up 2 1st period takedowns, not good. Kilgore lost 2 takedowns out of bounds. Kilgore did a nice job of pusing the pace. And then, capitalizing with the pin in the 2nd. NICE JOB Dustin!

Last edited by Patrick Campbell on March 19, 2011; edited 1 time in total

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

I didn't like the officiating in the Heavyweight final. Rey was not even warned for stalling when he just hung on and didn't show any aggression. Also, running off the mat away from your opponent to end a match is just sad.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next