Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Penn State gets it done...
Grant Varnum added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

I think that it is fair to say that they deserve the respect of being a top-tier program...I know it is early in Cael's career as the coach there, but they have grown not only as individuals, but as a team. Watchin them celebrate their Big-10 title together was awesome - so tonight should be something special.

Long truly makes a difference, and I am really happy he got a second chance and made the most of it - so far...hopefully he stays on that right track.

Congrats to the Nittany Lions - on paper, they had the talent to get it done, and now in reality they have done it. Gonna be a fun several years to see how the program continues to evolve.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2011

I've always thought PSU had a similar problem that OSU had, not keeping their top guys in state. If Steve Luke had been a Buckeye, we would have won an NCAA team title by now. Sure, Long is an out of state kid, but Ruth, Wright and the Altons are PA guys. Molinaro from nearby NJ. Can you imagine what they would be like if Oliver would have picked PSU over Ok. State?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 20, 2011

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Can you imagine what they would be like if Oliver would have picked PSU over Ok. State?"

About 9 points better -- the difference between Oliver and Long at NCAA's.

I don't think Oliver ever would have ended up at PSU -- even had Sanderson been the coach then. I've read that he looked at John Smith like Taylor looked at Cael.

► Add to the Discussion