Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Mike Miller
Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

It seems that Miller might have re-injured something in the MAC tournament and, alas, did not qualify for NCAA's.

After looking great against Ross Tice in the dual meet, Tice nearly majored him in the true second match.

So sad to look at what a warrior he's been throughout his career and now it ends like this.

Congratulations to Mike on what was truly a very good career, even if the last two years of it were destroyed by injuries.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 10, 2011

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"It seems that Miller might have re-injured something in the MAC tournament and, alas, did not qualify for NCAA's.

After looking great against Ross Tice in the dual meet, Tice nearly majored him in the true second match.

So sad to look at what a warrior he's been throughout his career and now it ends like this.

Congratulations to Mike on what was truly a very good career, even if the last two years of it were destroyed by injuries."

I have always enjoyed Mike's wrestling. I think he is a good example why we can't get hung up on our expectations for wrestlers. When Mike was healthy....NCAA Finalist. As a D1 wrestler, even when you are one of the best, if you are not healthy (for whatever reason)...you are at a tremendous disadvantage. I wish we could have seen Mike back at the top this year. In my mind, he will always be a champion, regardless of the last 2 seasons. Good luck Mike!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2011

Miller and Pucillo wrestled in a pig tail match last season at the NCAA tourney at 184 with Miller prevailing. He has been all over the place both in terms of weight classes and injuries. What a sad finish for him. Yet he's still a 2x AA. Remarkable.

► Add to the Discussion