Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: I'm glad to say I was wrong
Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

Some years ago or round about, there were some posts about the possibility of four, four time state champs from Monroeville. I was of the firm belief that the odds were stacked against them and therefore this would not happen. I cited the possibility of injuries, bad grades, parents moving, kids transferring in as well as calls just not going their way in close matches or just a bad match or two, all as reasons to why this was not going to happen.
I’m glad to say I was wrong (on this one). The Monroeville four have given the wrestling community a lot to talk about during their high school career and will give us more food for thought in years to come.
Will they all or any of them win an NCAA title, multiple titles, Olympic or world medals? Will they finish school with folk style wrestling or focus on the international styles?
I must take my hat off to them, man up and say I was wrong as well as congratulate them on their success and wish them more success in the future. I’m rooting for them…Except if they wrestle against Kent State.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion