Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Since I have been told many times that this is an Ohio forum...
Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

michael:
thanks for the kind words.
sad day to be a buckeye fan, and although at this point none of us are privy to all of the involved facts, i can't help but to have a sense that things will in short order go from bad to worse.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Since I have been told many times that this is an Ohio forum...
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I would like to sincerely apologize to the memebers of this site and other fans of tOSU. I am not a fan of the school or its sports teams. I have, over the years, taken the opposite sides of arguments with Ohio State faithful and taken a certain amount of pleasure in the misforutes they've had.

I enjoy this site and respect the people who post here. Following its growth you can't help read Gary's posts from time to time. Reading his posts over time (along with a discussion I had about the Ohio State/Michigan dual a couple of years ago) has made me rethink what I say on these forums regarding Ohio State in general.

So, long story short, I'm still not an Ohio State fan and I assume my opinions will differ often from those who are, but I take no pleasure in bad things happening to the university and I certainly take no pleasure in coming on here and rubbing Ohio State fan's noses in it."

Yea, after all this is life and death.

Geez, check yourself. Sports is the playground of life. A guy who was placed somewhere between Moses and Mother Teresa by many/most Buckeye honks messes up badly and who should be apologizing? Not that with such a trivial matter as college football is any apology really necessary anyway.

Perspective, young man, perspective."

As usual Gary, you don't get it. I'm not apologizing for Tressel. I'm apologizing for every sounding like you.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

"

"

"I would like to sincerely apologize to the memebers of this site and other fans of tOSU. I am not a fan of the school or its sports teams. I have, over the years, taken the opposite sides of arguments with Ohio State faithful and taken a certain amount of pleasure in the misforutes they've had.

I enjoy this site and respect the people who post here. Following its growth you can't help read Gary's posts from time to time. Reading his posts over time (along with a discussion I had about the Ohio State/Michigan dual a couple of years ago) has made me rethink what I say on these forums regarding Ohio State in general.

So, long story short, I'm still not an Ohio State fan and I assume my opinions will differ often from those who are, but I take no pleasure in bad things happening to the university and I certainly take no pleasure in coming on here and rubbing Ohio State fan's noses in it."

Yea, after all this is life and death.

Geez, check yourself. Sports is the playground of life. A guy who was placed somewhere between Moses and Mother Teresa by many/most Buckeye honks messes up badly and who should be apologizing? Not that with such a trivial matter as college football is any apology really necessary anyway.

Perspective, young man, perspective."

As usual Gary, you don't get it. I'm not apologizing for Tressel. I'm apologizing for every sounding like you."

Yes I 'got' it all, your OSU honking aside. NO apology is needed by me, for me, or for sounding like me.

You sound like your puppy just died. It is just a coach who, it turns out, it not nearly as virtuous as the honks wanted to believe.

Be thankful this was not OSU's basketball coach, and he had to show up at Cameron Indoor next season. Then you really would have seen and heard a reception that would have made you cry much more than you probably did last night.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

"
As usual Gary, you don't get it. I'm not apologizing for Tressel. I'm apologizing for every sounding like you."

See, there's the difference. Mike & I are not best friends, but seriously, he is definately one of the most rational guys you'll ever encounter and definately has the guts to look deep. I appreciate your posting. And, I appreciate that you understand what it means to be a man. I could care less about who likes or doesn't like tOSU. Mike, you always make valid points about your concerns and I have never known you to bring something up just to needle someone on a difference of opinion. There should be more folks like you Mike!

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

"

See, there's the difference. Mike & I are not best friends, but seriously, he is definately one of the most rational guys you'll ever encounter and definately has the guts to look deep. I appreciate your posting. And, I appreciate that you understand what it means to be a man. I could care less about who likes or doesn't like tOSU. Mike, you always make valid points about your concerns and I have never known you to bring something up just to needle someone on a difference of opinion. There should be more folks like you Mike!"

Sure, because college rivalries aren't about needling.

Did someone at OSU die yesterday and I missed it?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

"The best part is when he said he didn't know who to tell. Who writes this material for these guys, unemployed "Two and a Half Men" writers?"

First, how did it take GARY 14 hours to post somethng about the vest?

Second, I haven't read the E-mails yet and I don't know for sure what was done last April but I guarentee you if he walked into my office with an E-mail that said the feds were investigating and two of his players were implicated, I would have instructed him to say nothing to anybody -- maybe turn the E-mail over to the FBI at most. He did not have to keep it from the feds just because some moronic attorney sent him an unsolicited E-mail asking him to.

The NCAA means nothing compared to the FBI and the risk you take blabbing about one of their investigations. The tail doesn't wag THAT dog.

Now, if he alerted the players last spring, he has a big problem. If he didn't clear it up in December after the investigation was over and he was asked about this by the NCAA, that may also be a problem with the NCAA.

I simply don't know some of these answers.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

Seems that the UM folks have a nice view of this from their glass house! Keep throwing those stones Gary ;-)

Quote from Leo Zimmer's post:

"Seems that the UM folks have a nice view of this from their glass house! Keep throwing those stones Gary ;-)"

See, that is the thing Leo. When RichRod was having issues with the illegal practices many on here took shots at me about it, and that was fine, justified, and deserving.

Now Coach Sweater Vest apparently does something that, sorry, but to me is much worse than some extra practices and I am attacking/picking on people/kicking men when they are down/apparently committing a number of both mortal and venial sins.

All just sort of amusing to me.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

Unless you root for BYU... where you apparently can get kicked of a team for kissing your chick (gasp!), I think we ALL live in a glass house.

In the modern era, no football or basketball program reaches the upper echelon without breaking/bending some rules.

Quote from Leo Zimmer's post:

"Unless you root for BYU... where you apparently can get kicked of a team for kissing your chick (gasp!), I think we ALL live in a glass house.

In the modern era, no football or basketball program reaches the upper echelon without breaking/bending some rules."

Probably true, though the issue here might be more of a case that the cover-up is going to be viewed as far worse than the crime.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

This Michigan fan is just looking forward to the possibility of receiving a cheap forfeit victory to end our OSU losing streak.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"This Michigan fan is just looking forward to the possibility of receiving a cheap forfeit victory to end our OSU losing streak."

The streak should end as the recruiting tide changes due to:

(a) RichRod being gone, and

(b) the negative publicity from having all of the 2010 wins taken away for playing ineligible players.

John Ice added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/09/11/Defending-OSUs-Jim-Tressel/landing_ohiostate.html?blockID=436677&feedID=3724

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 9, 2011

I have read what are reportedly the E-mails. I am even more convinced now of my point than before.

The NCAA rules do not trump what the FBI could do to you.

He didn't report info that was then under investigation by the FBI -- and apparently resulted in charges against the suspect. Remeber Scooter Libby? He didn't do what he was investigated for but he supposedly lied about something else. Prison.

Just because the NCAA thinks it is bigger than God does not make it so. Anybody who reports anything to anybody about an FBI investigation they are not invomed in is an absolute idiot. The vest is not an idiot nor is he a liar.

FREE TRESSEL! I think he is taking the fall for the school.

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"I have read what are reportedly the E-mails. I am even more convinced now of my point than before.

The NCAA rules do not trump what the FBI could do to you.

He didn't report info that was then under investigation by the FBI -- and apparently resulted in charges against the suspect. Remeber Scooter Libby? He didn't do what he was investigated for but he supposedly lied about something else. Prison.

Just because the NCAA thinks it is bigger than God does not make it so. Anybody who reports anything to anybody about an FBI investigation they are not invomed in is an absolute idiot. The vest is not an idiot nor is he a liar.

FREE TRESSEL! I think he is taking the fall for the school."

Roe, what "fall"? A couple of absolutely meaningless games, and a drop in the bucket (to him) fine?

If you are told what he was told, you at least tell your AD and/or compliance office. Where it went from there would have been up to them.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next