Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Does anyone remember????
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Along with saying that Dean Heil ran from George DiCamillo this year by going up to 119, Mike Trivissono just said on WTAM that George is the only undefeated state champ ever from Iggy. If I remember correctly, wasn't Mike Buddie undefeated in around 1989? Actually, I seem to remember that Buddie did not have a six minute match that entire season.

Does anyone remember this?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jeremy Park added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"Along with saying that Dean Heil ran from George DiCamillo this year by going up to 119, Mike Trivissono just said on WTAM that George is the only undefeated state champ ever from Iggy. If I remember correctly, wasn't Mike Buddie undefeated in around 1989? Actually, I seem to remember that Buddie did not have a six minute match that entire season.

Does anyone remember this?"

i remember him beating jason perkins at state that year. jason finished 3rd. didnt buddie go on to be a pitcher in the majors?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Mike Buddie was undefeated his senior year. He's posted occasionally on this forum. He only had three matches go the distance his senior year (relying on memory).

Trivissono is a lowest denominator type of rabble rousing talk radio guy. The fact he'd say something like that about a high school kid just proves my point.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Mike Buddie was undefeated his senior year. He's posted occasionally on this forum. He only had three matches go the distance his senior year (relying on memory).

Trivissono is a lowest denominator type of rabble rousing talk radio guy. The fact he'd say something like that about a high school kid just proves my point."

Hank, that is exactly what a co-worker said has we were listening to the show, and my son when I told him about it.

And yes, Buddie pitched at Wake Forest and in the Yankees organization. As well as having caught the winning touchdown pass in Iggy's first state championship.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

He has Yankee statistics in 1998-1999, and they won the World Series both years, so he would likely have two rings.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

I had the pleasure to watch,play, and compete against Mike Buddie, and he has my vote for best athlete in ohio high school history, I don't think there was another athlete that dominated so much in so many sports. Really the guy was a freak, and should be considered, and he did it at the highest levels. Is there any one else that is close? He has my vote, and I competed with some big hittes, Howard, grbac, randleman, st.john and he is far and away the most successful athlete in high school at three sports. Plus he was a funny guy and the collins brothers and him were a crazy group, i miss people like them, they made our sport tough and fun.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

That makes Triv doubly wrong. I caught part of that "running from" comment. What a low blow.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Speaking of Mike Buddie, it's amazing that somebody could be that relevant (actually major DI caliber) in three sports at the high school level. I mean - heck - it's rare that people in big schools play three sports today.

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"Speaking of Mike Buddie, it's amazing that somebody could be that relevant (actually major DI caliber) in three sports at the high school level. I mean - heck - it's rare that people in big schools play three sports today."

The sad part, Josh, is if Buddie was a kid today he probably wouldn't be playing three sports. I have the fear, after seeing so much that has gone on around me with my kids, that someone would have planted a bug in his and his parents' ears to have him specialize.

What a shame that would have been.

Am I corrrect, did he not have a six-minute match?

Gino Iacoboni added to this discussion on March 8, 2011

isn't Dicamillo Triv's nephew?

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 8, 2011

Quote from Gino Iacoboni's post:

"isn't Dicamillo Triv's nephew?"

Yes he is. I believe George's father and Triv's late wife were siblings. That was the hook that he brought George on for.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 8, 2011

Mike Buddie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK0bSPStA4I

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 8, 2011

After watching the match, I do not think he was all that great. I mean, he only seemed to use a double and a half nelson. The basics are over rated. Right!?

► Add to the Discussion