Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Big Tens
Mitch Clark added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

All things considered it looks like OSU had a good tournament

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Ohio State Recap:

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/39772

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

I'm beginning to think the only way Colt is going to beat Howe is to do what Pucillo did to Varner. Get into double OT and ride him longer than he rides you. Colt can't get past that heavy collar tie of Howes. In the 3 years I've seen Howe, the only 2 TD's scored against him were a power double that Burroughs does so well & a body lock off of a failed duck under that King got him on to beat him at the NCAA finals a few years ago. Morningstar may have gotten a single leg TD on him?? But he is so difficult to TD.

PS: I thought it interesting that Burroughs only beat Tyler Caldwell 2-1 in their conference final today.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"Howe is a stalling machine - stands there and thwarts every attack, then manages to score apoint or two and wins. I hate watching him wrestle - he takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

Colt didn't wrestle badly, per se, that's how Howe wrestles...and he's damn good at it."

I agree. For all the complaints we heard about Schlatter's defensive wrestling, this guy is worse than watching paint dry. Technically gifted? Yes. Exciting? No.

Maybe if I was matside it might be more interesting.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Thing about handfighting is that it can take greater than 2-3 periods to break a chink in a great defense. This does not make for exciting wrestling. Howe actually had created a great opening earlier in the match but found himsel out of position. Spons did a very good job of transitioning his ties. kudos. However, he needs to understand that the small compromise of position is what cost him at the end of the match.

So, he has to be even more resolute in his effort of position.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Quote from Rex Holman's post:

"Thing about handfighting is that it can take greater than 2-3 periods to break a chink in a great defense. This does not make for exciting wrestling. Howe actually had created a great opening earlier in the match but found himsel out of position. Spons did a very good job of transitioning his ties. kudos. However, he needs to understand that the small compromise of position is what cost him at the end of the match.

So, he has to be even more resolute in his effort of position."

Thanks Rex!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3