Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: MAC Tournament
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 2, 2011

If any posters are attending, let me know and we can meet.

I will be there with Alex Cooper, who I work with. Alex was a state runner up for Medina Buckeye.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 3, 2011

When was the last time this tournament was in Ohio?

Also, is there any the OHSAA would slide the state tournament forward or backward one week? It would be nice to be able to give both the state tourney and conference tournaments their justice.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 4, 2011

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"When was the last time this tournament was in Ohio?

Also, is there any the OHSAA would slide the state tournament forward or backward one week? It would be nice to be able to give both the state tourney and conference tournaments their justice."

I don't see that ever happening. Basketball tourneys follow us and starting in 2013, state dual tourney is on first Sat in Feb which puts state individual tourney on this weekend.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 4, 2011

I guess I don't see how the State Duals being the first week of February means that the state tournament has to be a full month later. You could have sectionals the weekend after state duals. Or, even if you they want to have a week between the duals and sectionals, they could easily move state duals back a week.

I recognize that this probably won't happen because any kind of school schedule/sports schedule is slow to change, but I don't see why not.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 5, 2011

Scores after Day 1 are as follows:

CMU - 50
KSU - 43.5
Buffalo - 43.5
Ohio - 26.5
NIU - 24.5
EMU - 10.0

KSU has five in the finals - Bedelyon, Small (upset Smith from Buffalo), Newburg, Kilgore, and Barlow.

Ohio has three in the finals - Ramos, Purdue, and Schuth.

The big news of the day was SR, returning AA, Germane Lindsey failing to make weight. Not much to say, very tough for Germaine and the team I'm assuming. His career ends in a terrible fashion.

My heart goes out to Germaine, he was a great wrestler and leader for Ohio for four years.

For Kent the two biggest stories would be Small wrestling great and getting the upset at 33 and Cathell going 0-2. This had to deal his WC chances a serious blow.

In maybe the match most interesting to Ohio fans Barlow beat Jeremy Johnson in 2OT ride out. Johnson then had to beat Wade from EMU to get in for 3/4.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Cathell is so frustrating.... he is better than shuster but I don't think Shuster would have gone 0-2. Probably cost Kent the MAC title since it was by less than 6 pts.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 7, 2011

Shawn - good point. This has to drive Coaches Andrassy and Moore crazy. Pretty typical risk vs. reward scenario at 57.

Adding to Shuster's woes is that, depending on growth/red shirt, Kent's future 57 may have been wrestling in the Schott Saturday night. Miller is good enough to have an impact next season.

► Add to the Discussion