Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Congrats Sam McIntosh
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 28, 2011

Sam, a 135 pounder from Brush, was injured in his district opening bout and forced to default by the tourney doctor. After receiving clearance later that day, Sam won five consecutive district bouts to finish 3rd. Dad's voice mail indicated that with his back to the proverbial wall, his son, a senior, wrestled the best tourney of his life. Congrats to him for doing his best wrestling when it mattered the most.

Sam's Dad is Al McIntosh, the founder of the wrestling program at CVCA, and an occasional poster on this forum. Al is one of the good guys in our sport, instrumental in the development of such wrestlers as Damion and Harry Lester as well as John Weakley. Al also has been working hard with Brush over the last several years, esp. during the offseason. Brush has been one of the better teams in NE Ohio during this span.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 28, 2011

I had two of his wrestle back matches on Saturday and, during the match, I was stunned that he was in the consolation bracket. I could not imagine how he could have lost a match. I had no idea what had happened and could not understand who could have beaten him. He was IMPRESSIVE. I found out what the story was later. I did not have any more of his matches but I did pay attention. I sure hope his week in Columbus is all he can hope for.

Paul Charvat added to this discussion on March 1, 2011

Congrats Sam, Coach McIntosh, and all the Brush guys! All of your hard work is paying off! Good luck this weekend. We'll be praying for you guys!

Mike Vash added to this discussion on March 2, 2011

Good luck to Sam and all the Brush kids.Sams story is amazing and couldn't happen to a more deserving kid.We have been truly blessed to be around those great hard-working kids and it is good to see them get back what they have put into this sport

Jeremy Dombrady added to this discussion on March 3, 2011

Great job Sam! Hopefully he has recoved from his injury and is able to place.

► Add to the Discussion