Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Discussion Topic: Rep. Jim Jordan
Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 27, 2011

"The fact of hiding- I guess I could have been more specific- not showing up to practice"

I get that. Truancy in general is at epidemic proportions in public schools.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Rep. Jim Jordan
Lou Demas added to this discussion on February 27, 2011

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"http://www.newshounds.us/2011/02/21/glenn_becks_attack_on_margaret_sanger_is_solid_antichoice_propaganda.php

Lou , Did you get all that stuff about Margaret Sanger off Glenn Becks show last Friday?

I didn't know anything about her, but your posts about her led me to do a search.
Becks show which is on the page I've linked, had all the quotes you threw out.
And like everything else on Becks show is malarkey.
The page has all the quotes in context, which of course is where they have their true meaning."

Rick,

I loved it, they created a site called ''News Hounds'' with the tag line, We watch Fox so don't have you too''. No, I did not find those quotes on Glen Beck. I listen to NPR radio and watch FSTV more than I have ever watched Glen Beck . I think Noam Chomsky is brilliant, yet wrong and Michael Moore is the liberals equivalent to Glen Beck. I am old fashion, I take the time to listen to opposing view's, not have someone else tell me why I don't agree with someone else. I took the time to read the article in the link you posted. You may want to google Margrett Sanger again. Even Sanger's supporter's admit she was a eugenicist and held racist belief's. Here something Sanger wrote that's New's Hounds overlooked;

It is said that a fish as large as a man has a brain no larger than the kernel of an almond. In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is also no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets.[19]

Put that in context with the her other quotes and the true meaning become quite apparent. Even one of Sanger's supporter's said this about her view's

Grappling with Margaret Sanger’s views on race is important for feminists today, as is the acknowledgment that Susan B. Anthony embraced racist ideas near the end of her life. What does it mean for the women’s movement today that we are still overcoming the legacy of racism within this country? How can the feminist movement expand to include issues of race, class, nationality, sexual orientation, ablism, and more? For me, feminism simply means equality for everyone. Consequently, feminism incorporates so much more than simple gender parity.
Additionally, everyone is a little bit racist sometimes, myself included. No one is perfect. Owning up to one’s racism does not erase the accomplishments that someone has made on behalf of women. Women can vote today, and we have access to many different options of birth control. Without women like Margaret
Sanger, who knows if we would be able to say that?

Here is the link to full article;http://feministsforchoice.com/was-margaret-sanger-a-racist.htm

I also liked how New's Hound forgot to mention why Nazis Burned Sanger's book's not because they did not share an eugenic belief system but because Sanger advocated for women to choose to have chidren or not, at a time when Nazis were breeding children for the Aryan race. Same type of malarkey you just accused Glen Beck of committing.

Now , I also so did say this,
Right now, we have 13% of black women have 36 percent all abortion with more abortions than live births within N.Y city. I does not matter to me if that happens by racist design or or just good business model, it is still appalling! I just can't find the good in killing millions of children Black or White.

As I said, it is appalling that black women make up 36% of all abortions. If Greek women were having 36% of all abortions in the U..S , I would like to think the that Not only would the Greek community take notice but we all would. Not Just lip service by saying it's better for all those Greeks to die, then grow up in poverty. Look at this stat:

Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_race_percentage_for_welfare_recipient

Slightly more white people on welfare than black people yet if 80% of all abortion clinic's are in minority communities. Is it really that much better being
poor white than black that causes white women to decide they will let their children live compared to that of black women or are we so caring to neglect the needs of all those poor white women to help poor black women kill their children first by providing 80% more abortion clinics in the communities. Talk about killing them with kindness. Not once have I ever heard the moral outrage of the ''left'' saying more poor white children need to die rather than grow up in poverty but we have drooped the ball because poverty does not discriminate!

Hank,

I went to an intercity high school , they called it Black high instead of Sac High, it was ghetto. Because I grew up in that environment I always shake my head when I hear people who have not say, they are pro choice because they are trying to help these poor black woman by giving them a reproductive choice by killing there children. Well all abortion did was help those predatory males you spoke of, not just black predatory males but all. I can not count how many times I have heard some guy say when he found out he got a girl pregnant '' that b#@tch is going to the clinic and gettin rid of that baby'' some choice! and then you say outlawing it would add to the misery because we all know poor black people only have a lottery's chance of over coming their plight. My black republican friend would say this to that comment '' that's mighty white of you to think I would be better off dead rather than grow up poor and black'' I don't know maybe he's racist! Back to outlawing abortion increasing misery, you might want to look at this;

Social Concern 1970 1990
Illegitimate Births 10.7% 26.2%
Children with Single Mothers 11% 22%
Violent Crime Rate (per 100,000) 36.4 2 73.
Teen Suicide Rate 5.9% 11.3%
Children on Welfare 8.5% 11.9%
From the Index of Leading Cultural Indicators Empower America and William J. Bennett.

Thing's kinda went the other way since legal abortion became the law of the land.

Now, I will agree with you the death penalty is murder but I am an admitted hypocrite here, I am against the death penalty yet I feel if anyone ever took the life of someone I loved , I would seek a vengeance on my on terms, knowing it is wrong and fruitless. I could only hope that the state would lock him up and never let him go.

John,

Thank you for the kind words, please understand I would never think less you for not agreeing with my observation's, I do think we share common ground although some of my writing;s may have suggested otherwise. i will try to clear it up. I think people are going to make bad choices and they need to be accountable for those choice's. One problem with the abortion issue is that two people make a bad choice one person became pregnant and a life hangs in the balance. If your a poor black woman, organizations like planned parenthood tells a black female the right choice is to kill her child. the many times the father of child father tells her the same. I believe if you play you pay. Killing the child is murder. if you read the questions I posed to Bill, I was really asking him to define who gets to decide the the value of a human life. Does a hospital ,society your parents, a woman? I argue we would all choose life yet society says, no, a woman can choose to kill rather than suffer any negative consequences and the man also has no negative consequences for his bad choice. If you drive drunk and kill someone you go to jail but if you have sex and create someone then kill them before they pop out it's the right thing to do and as it stands right now it looks like they have done a great job making sure black women know it;s the best choice for them.
I hope that clears my thoughts up on this matter, If you find we still have some area's of disagreement, post them if you want to discuss it but either way I figure that if I can have liberal and atheist friends, you and I can always find away to get along.

Christopher,

Thanks for support, I was getting to feel a bit alone out here !

BTW..If about a million are killed each year in abortions, how many may have become wrestler's? Aren't we trying to grow this sport. I just had write that, I did not want anyone thinking I forgot this is a wrestling forum.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5