Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Harry Lester, C.P. Schlatter at Kiki Cup (International Greco-Roman Tournament)
Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

C.P. Schlatter goes 4-0 at 66 kilograms
C.P. Schlatter (USA #3) dec. Mario Furgal (Poland) 1-0, 3-0
C.P. Schlatter (USA #3) dec. Emilian Tordorov (Bulgaria) 1-4, 3-1, 6-0
C.P. Schlatter (USA #3) dec. Yuji Okamoto (Japan) 1-0, 0-1, 1-0
C.P. Schlatter (USA #3) dec. Sharur Vardanyan (Sweden) 0-2, 5-3, 2-0

Harry Lester goes 2-0 at 66 kilograms
Harry Lester (USA #2) pin Marius Thommesen (Norway) 7-0, 0:34
Harry Lester (USA #2) dec. Yuji Okamoto (Japan) 2-0, 1-0

Article with links to some videos:
http://themat.com/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=23051

I have no idea about the level of competition here, but C.P. just returned to wrestling this year and probably hadn't done Greco-Roman since what, high school? Going 4-0 can't be a bad thing.

Harry Lester is back down to 66 kilograms. I hope he is happy at that weight. He had a lot of success there (two-time World medalist), then said he was going up to 74 kilograms because it was more comfortable. Then I believe he even wrestled some matches at 84 kilograms. Then he joined the army for their wrestling program. Hopefully he commits to a weight soon and finds the success that his potential promised 4-7 years ago.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Harry Lester, C.P. Schlatter at Kiki Cup (International Greco-Roman Tournament)
Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

Interview with C.P.: http://flowrestling.org/videos/speaker/329/442373

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

I find it ironic that after all these years, we may finally get to see C.P. and Harry wrestle each other, since they are both at 66 kg. I can remember all the internet talk about ducking each other when they were in high school.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

Best video up there: http://flowrestling.org/videos/speaker/329/4594

Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

Didn't harry bump up one year at a big quad or tourny to wrestle C.P.? I seem to vaugely remember something along those line. Anyone want to refersh my memory?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 30, 2011

I'm a big fan of these guys and am glad to see them competing again. Both have had some great achievements as well as huge disappointments in their careers. It will be interesting to track them in the future. Best wishes to both as each was among the greatest in Ohio high school history.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 31, 2011

It's hard to believe that C.P. was a collegiate 157 but a 66K in Greco. That's a drop of 11.5 lbs.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 31, 2011

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"It's hard to believe that C.P. was a collegiate 157 but a 66K in Greco. That's a drop of 11.5 lbs."

C.P. hasn't weighed in at 145.5 in what? 9 years?

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 31, 2011

International weigh-ins are very forgiving, still that's not an easy cut at all.

► Add to the Discussion