Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU vs Michigan
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on January 28, 2011

I trust everyone read about Michigan's thrilling come-from-behind win over Ohio State in women's basketball. Now who is laying the smackdown, Roe?

Hail To The Victors!!!!!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Anthony Windsor II added to this discussion on January 28, 2011

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"I trust everyone read about Michigan's thrilling come-from-behind win over Ohio State in women's basketball. Now who is laying the smackdown, Roe?

Hail To The Victors!!!!!!!"

Did you catch the Men's basketball game?

Quote from Anthony Windsor II's post:

"

"I trust everyone read about Michigan's thrilling come-from-behind win over Ohio State in women's basketball. Now who is laying the smackdown, Roe?

Hail To The Victors!!!!!!!"

Did you catch the Men's basketball game?"

Shhhhhh........

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 28, 2011

A post about women's basketball on a wrestling forum?
Please check your testicles at the door you are no longer allowed to have them.*

Any forum moderator worth his salt would ban you for, oh, I don't know, at least this weekend.

Meeeeeechigan sucks. I like our chances. We now have good karma on our side tonight thanks to Gary's major faux pas.

*I am not a sexist. I do, however, recognize the impact of women's basketball and Title IX on our sport. I will only like college basketball if my daughter gets a full ride to a great college because of it.

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"A post about women's basketball on a wrestling forum?
Please check your testicles at the door you are no longer allowed to have them.*

Any forum moderator worth his salt would ban you for, oh, I don't know, at least this weekend.

Meeeeeechigan sucks. I like our chances. We now have good karma on our side tonight thanks to Gary's major faux pas.

*I am not a sexist. I do, however, recognize the impact of women's basketball and Title IX on our sport. I will only like college basketball if my daughter gets a full ride to a great college because of it."

Would you prefer I post about soccer? After all, Michigan's men did make the Final Four this year.

The honks are now looking for karma from me to help win tonight? My, how the self-proclaimed mighty have fallen.

Bill Watson added to this discussion on January 28, 2011

"

*I am not a sexist. I do, however, recognize the impact of women's basketball and Title IX on our sport. I will only like college basketball if my daughter gets a full ride to a great college because of it."

Would you prefer I post about soccer? After all, Michigan's men did make the Final Four this year.

The honks are now looking for karma from me to help win tonight? My, how the self-proclaimed mighty have fallen."

I am an avid reader and hardly ever post but the cupboard is pretty bare when you bring up final four soccer appearances on a wrestling forum... what's next a debate regarding your archery squad? That's just a C'mon man....if I've ever seen one!

Quote from Bill Watson's post:

"

"

The honks are now looking for karma from me to help win tonight? My, how the self-proclaimed mighty have fallen."

I am an avid reader and hardly ever post but the cupboard is pretty bare when you bring up final four soccer appearances on a wrestling forum... what's next a debate regarding your archery squad? That's just a C'mon man....if I've ever seen one!"

Bill, as long as U.S. News keeps putting out their rankings the cupboard will never be bare.

Next time I make a tongue-in-cheek post I will be sure to label it as such for you.

Dan Arthur added to this discussion on January 28, 2011

125- Touris v. Boyle
Boyle has been inconsistent but should do the job. UM WBD (0-3 UM)
133- Paddock v. Stevens
Paddock has been solid and get the victory. OSU WBD (3-3 T)
141- Languis v. Russell
Languis has two chances to keep this close slim and none. UM WBF (3-9 UM)
149- Fee v. Grajales
Grajales has been on a roll. UM WBM (3-12 UM)
157- Nemec v. B. Zeerip
Nemec needs to step up but Zeerip has been hot also Zeerip is favored. UM WBD (3-15 UM)
165- Sponseller v. Yates
Sponseller needs another good effort to get a win here. Spons in a close match. OSU WBD (6-15 UM)
174- Helfin v. Zeerip
Helfin has been solid and has already gotten past Zeerip once this year (5-1). OSU WBD (9-15 UM)
184- Magrum v. Collins
Collins in a close one. UM WBD (9-18 UM)
197- Capone v. Biondo
Biondo may put up bonus points. UM WBD (9-21 UM)
285- Stolarsky v. Apland
Apland is ranked #8 for a reason, and he shows Zach why UM WBM (9-25 UM)[/quote]

Final 27-9
I missed a couple but still a pretty solid beat down put on the Buckeyes by the Wolverines.
I was surprised to see Sponseller rode out be the back-up 157.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

I actually was relatively pleased with the way the wrestled tonight. Touris and Stolarsky both made the matches tough against good opponents. Hopefully they each take some confidence from it. Take shots (or in Stolarsky's case reversals), attack and somehow your chances of scoring increase.

I was disappointed that Heflin only took like one shot in his match (and that one was out of bounds with no chance of scoring), but he found the win. I wonder if Tom Ryan needs to like threaten him with terrible violence and family deaths unless he takes 15 shots in a match. I think if he opened up in just one match he would see that taking a lot of shots is a good move for him.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

I don't know what got into Touris that last minute, but 20 more seconds and he wins that match. And I also thought Kusar wrestled good enough to win, but got caught in that last scramble. It looked like he was going to get the TD, but came out of the scramble in bad position and got cradled. He looked a bit gassed, but that may be due to the recent cut to 157?? But at least he gave it one hell of a try.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

I thought I saw some good things, too.

You have to root for Stolarksy, being thrust into the starting role clearly not ready and giving maximum effort. I appreciate his contribution.

Things I liked:

1. Heflin's excitement about winning

2. Kusar's aggressiveness

3. Touris's attempted come back

I feel bad for Coach Ryan, seeing him in the background in agony... He is firey during matches.

Paddock and Magrum - would love to see these two take more risks.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

I always have mixed feelings about matches like this. I appreciate that Touris woke up the 2nd half of the match and wrestled. He needs that attitude the entire match. With that effort for 7 minutes, he should have and would have won. Same thing with Kusar. He came out on fire and did not maintain the intensity. Paddock was in control of that match for the 1st 4 minutes and again, did not finish what he started. I won't pick at Stolarski. He did get a couple reversals on some sloppy wrestling on Apland's part, but he is just not prepared to capitalize on them yet.

I agree, it can be said that a few wrestlers had some small victories within their matches to build on. I doubt Tom Ryan found little consolation in those small victories. I suspect in the coaches eyes, this was a dual that the boys gave away. The score really could have been much closer. I don't want to take away from the Michigan wrestlers effort, but 7 minutes of execution from several of our guys makes this thing look different. If I had to guess, that will be coach Ryan's kick in the tail to the boys this week.

On a side note, I was impressed with Grajales. I'm anxious to see how he fares at 149 at the Big Tens. He is going to be better up a weight than I thought. It was funny. My 6 year old daughter watched the entire match with me last night. After Grajales match was over, he went over to the side and slipped off his singlet and put on a pair of shorts. My daughter looks at him and says, "I think he works-out." Yea, I think so :)

BTW, Iowa vs. PSU Sunday evening at 9:30 on BTN. Should be fun to watch.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

Gentlemen, please remember if the Queen had **** she would be the King. But alas, she does not.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

"I ain't seen a beaten like that since they put the banana down my pants and turned the monkey loose."
--Cousin Eddie, Vegas Vacation.

All kidding aside, the match started out great. Maybe I am wrong but it sure seems like Pucillo is working closely with Magrum -- which of course would make sense. He seemed to really try to work the headlock. Physically Magrum looks better at 184.

I really though for a while Capone could pull out his match.

If Touris wrestled aggressively the whole match he wins. It was like when he started having success at the end he realized he wasn't overmatched and could win. Boyle is not a better wrestler in my opinion but he was more aggressive for most of this match.

Paddock was disappointing. To win the dual he was a must.

Languis did what he needed to do for the team to win.

I like Kusar a lot. If he had a gas tank he would have beaten a ranked wrestler. Tough kid. Saw him many times in high school.

As far as the annoucing I have great respect for these guys but they aren't professional announcers, they were wrestlers and coaches. Someone at the B10 Network should give them some help because they are clearly bright men who are great for the sport.

Calling Kusar Nemec for the first period was odd. Isn't there someone standing by who could have passed them a note? They are lucky to have someone like Lee Kemp willing to do this.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 29, 2011

And Tim Johnson was calling the Iowa/OSU match the week before, and he's calling Kusar ...Nemec? It went right past him.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next