Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: College Wrestling Week 12 Report: Conference Kickoffs, PA Showdown, More
Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 22, 2011

My dog is blind, borderline deaf, and has a skin condition that leaves her smelling terrible all the time--even right after she's had a bath. She hasn't always been this way. There was a time when she would frolic about, prancing gracefully, snorting playfully, biting bare toes, and generally bringing joy to all around her. About five years ago, her eyes started crusting over repeatedly until the time came when they went blank. All this because of an auto-immune disease. Her other issues, I cannot explain.

Nowadays, she spends most of her time sleeping or barking for who knows what reason. Her… aroma repels people from touching her most of the time and her motion is slow for fear of running into things. Hers is a sad life, but she has her moments. For example, my parents have a set of french doors separating the dining room from the living room. Each door has eighteen glass panels, except one of the panes is missing from the bottom row. One day, after smelling at the doors for approximately an hour and a half, she actually walked through the vacant window. Now, she walks through the makeshift doggy door every day, back and forth, seemingly for no reason but the joy of celebrating the discovery. It's probably the most exciting part of her life, and it makes me smile every time I see it.

This Sunday, I can't say which made my heart warmer: Watching the Buckeyes beat Michigan State in Millersburg or watching Jasmine, blind and greasy, light up from walk through that hole time after time.

More...

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/38916

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: College Wrestling Week 12 Report: Conference Kickoffs, PA Showdown, More
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 22, 2011

"My dog is blind, borderline deaf, and has a skin condition that leaves her smelling terrible all the time--even right after she's had a bath. She hasn't always been this way. There was a time when she would frolic about, prancing gracefully, snorting playfully, biting bare toes, and generally bringing joy to all around her. About five years ago, her eyes started crusting over repeatedly until the time came when they went blank. All this because of an auto-immune disease. Her other issues, I cannot explain.

Nowadays, she spends most of her time sleeping or barking for who knows what reason. Her… aroma repels people from touching her most of the time and her motion is slow for fear of running into things. Hers is a sad life, but she has her moments. For example, my parents have a set of french doors separating the dining room from the living room. Each door has eighteen glass panels, except one of the panes is missing from the bottom row. One day, after smelling at the doors for approximately an hour and a half, she actually walked through the vacant window. Now, she walks through the makeshift doggy door every day, back and forth, seemingly for no reason but the joy of celebrating the discovery. It's probably the most exciting part of her life, and it makes me smile every time I see it."

Best writing you've ever done. It's a touching story and proof to me that you are a talented guy with stories to tell. Tell them.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 23, 2011

Thanks. Will do. I appreciate the feedback.

► Add to the Discussion