Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: Felipe Martinez
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"Gary, why are you on this message board? I can't recall a post where you have said anything positive, you are clearly jealous of tOSU, and never have anything intelligent to say.

You consistently slam tOSU, and therefore indirectly many, many individuals from the greatest state in the USA, Ohio."

I couldn't agree more"

James, please see two posts up."

I did and didnt see anything?"

So you aren't too observant or perceptive? Or bright.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

"

"

"

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"Gary, why are you on this message board? I can't recall a post where you have said anything positive, you are clearly jealous of tOSU, and never have anything intelligent to say.

You consistently slam tOSU, and therefore indirectly many, many individuals from the greatest state in the USA, Ohio."

I couldn't agree more"

James, please see two posts up."

I did and didnt see anything?"

So you aren't too observant or perceptive? Or bright."

I guess so Gary sorry I didn't get an education from the #29th ranked university (according to USnew rankings) like you did. I wanted to make sure I got that right becuase I know you would have corrected me if I didn't.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

James - the best way to end a conversation with Gary is to stop responding. I think most of the posters on this forum recognize and understand it is difficult to have a conversation with Mr. Sommers and just move on.

And this is from someone with zero affiliation to Ohio State, just a third party observer.

Mike Leedy added to this discussion on January 4, 2011

Copied from another forum

Felipe Martinez Returns!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got the news from a very reliable source that Felipe Martinez will be returning to the mat as early as this week. It appears that he will be wrestling at Genoa, D3, and he has been ruled eligible to compete. I here he will likely be at 145, and he is ready to go! He has been cleared to begin wrestling Jan 5th.

Below is my original post from page 2,

I talked directly to a Clay wrestler this past Saturday and he told me that Martinez was NOT at Clay and that he heard he was at Genoa attending school and trying to become eligible to wrestle again by Jan 2011.

Sorry for the serious response.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 4, 2011

Glad to hear that he's at least back on the mat or attempting. Too bad him and Tessari aren't at the same weight would be a great finals match between the two.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 4, 2011

According to his twitter feed he's back and at Genoa. Good for him it would be a shame for him not to wrestle.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on January 5, 2011

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"Glad to hear that he's at least back on the mat or attempting. Too bad him and Tessari aren't at the same weight would be a great finals match between the two."

Neither one would want that state finals match if they can help it. Too much risk involved. It would be great if that match could happen at some point other than in the state series, where the outcome is not as important.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 5, 2011

Josh: How do you know that neither one would want it? Rankings are fun but I'd like to think that both guys would love the challenge of taking on the other.

Mike Leedy added to this discussion on January 5, 2011

Hank,
I'm inclined to believe Josh is correct. The reason I say this is, those kids are most likely friends, going way back to biddy wrestling. I truly think Tessari is at 140 with the knowledge that Martinez might surface at 145 in D3. Not saying that Tessari could not win but, rather out of respect for his friend trying to accomplish the same thing he's doing. IMO

PS, If you've ever been to Stieber's place in Milan, you would take notice of a picture on the wall with a bunch of biddy wrestlers who are all now multiple state champions. Tessari and Martinez are in that pic.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on January 5, 2011

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Josh: How do you know that neither one would want it? Rankings are fun but I'd like to think that both guys would love the challenge of taking on the other."

I said in the state series they would avoid it. The match would be great in the regular season when legacies weren't on the line to the extent they are in the state series.

Antony Sharples added to this discussion on January 5, 2011

Just got back from Genoa dual, and Felipe is indeed enrolled at Genoa. Today was his first day and should start practice. Hope this puts to rest all the speculation.

Ted Tonn added to this discussion on January 6, 2011

Clark made scratch at 140 last night and Tessari went 145...don't know how much you read into that though.

Antony Sharples added to this discussion on January 6, 2011

Well I can tell ya Felipe won't get to 140. To be honest, depending on when he has to alpha, 45 may be out too.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4