Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Felipe Martinez
Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"That university would be tOSU!"

So you're now his father? Him?

As I have said, Ohio State is fine but far from the end-all of American universities."

You're just a bit schizophrenic if you think I'm Felipe's dad, or Felipe is going to decide what University he's going to based on this forum, this thread, and my post.

But if you are listening Felipe, there is no better university than tOSU! Go Bucks!"

Good one, Alex! Good one! We all can use some humor on Christmas. Thanks!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

"

"

"

As I have said, Ohio State is fine but far from the end-all of American universities."

You're just a bit schizophrenic if you think I'm Felipe's dad, or Felipe is going to decide what University he's going to based on this forum, this thread, and my post.

But if you are listening Felipe, there is no better university than tOSU! Go Bucks!"

Good one, Alex! Good one! We all can use some humor on Christmas. Thanks!!!"

GO BUCKS! #1!.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

"

"

"

"

Good one, Alex! Good one! We all can use some humor on Christmas. Thanks!!!"

GO BUCKS! #1!."

I know you are just pulling my leg, but seriously could you tell me anything they are "#1" at?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 26, 2010

If Martinez has academic problems (I don't know if that's the situation), then he is not a good fit for Ohio State nor is he likely to pan out long term as a college wrestler. Generally speaking, guys that struggle academically in high school are not going to make it in a college program.

Again...hypothetically speaking.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 26, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"If Martinez has academic problems (I don't know if that's the situation), then he is not a good fit for Ohio State nor is he likely to pan out long term as a college wrestler. Generally speaking, guys that struggle academically in high school are not going to make it in a college program.

Again...hypothetically speaking."

Hank, if he has academic problems (I agree, that appears to be hypothetical at this point), then he might not be a fit for college period. Not just Ohio State. They are no more academically rigouous than a lot of places.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on December 26, 2010

Days since Michigan’s last victory over Ohio State in football: 2591

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Days since Michigan’s last victory over Ohio State in football: 2591"

Infinity. Days since Ohio State was considered a better academic university.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 26, 2010

Gary, why are you on this message board? I can't recall a post where you have said anything positive, you are clearly jealous of tOSU, and never have anything intelligent to say.

You consistently slam tOSU, and therefore indirectly many, many individuals from the greatest state in the USA, Ohio.

"Gary, why are you on this message board? I can't recall a post where you have said anything positive, you are clearly jealous of tOSU, and never have anything intelligent to say.

You consistently slam tOSU, and therefore indirectly many, many individuals from the greatest state in the USA, Ohio."

The moderator(s) allow me.

You clearly don't recall much.

"Fine, but just not elite." That is your idea of a 'slam'?

"Not just Ohio State. They are no more academically rigorous than a lot of places." That is a 'slam'?

I have been a resident of Ohio for 54 years. When you grow up and can say the same then feel free to speak for all of us. The 'State of Ohio' and 'Ohio State University' are NOT synonyms. Especially since a minute percentage of Ohio residents hold a degree from Ohio State.

Last edited by Gary Sommers on December 26, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 26, 2010

"Gary, why are you on this message board? I can't recall a post where you have said anything positive, you are clearly jealous of tOSU, and never have anything intelligent to say.

You consistently slam tOSU, and therefore indirectly many, many individuals from the greatest state in the USA, Ohio."

I couldn't agree more

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

I couldn't agree more"

James, please see two posts up.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

I couldn't agree more"

James, please see two posts up."

I did and didnt see anything?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Ooops, too late.

I take a few days pause from this site (one of my favorites) and return to three additional pages of TOSU bickering on a Felipe Martinez post and two additonal pages arguing Rex's (absolute) right to post an accurate story about wrestling on a thread about Tom Ryan.

Thin skin and a--kissing will kill this site.

We are a day or two away from several major high school tournaments. I need those of you in the know to get moving on some real info. With three daughters including a 15 month old I cannot make the matches I used to (though I think I'm going to Medina for semis and maybe finals).

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

Roe: I have a late Christmas gift for you. There is a site that is in cahoots with this one - www.gohiocasts.com - will be there for the finals if you cannot.

Go CRUISERS and Go Buckeyes!!!

Lou Demas added to this discussion on December 27, 2010

Roe,

You are so right! People are way too thin skinned,I posted that this other poster was wrong for insulting people without cause when he could have just as easily stated his subjective opinion without being insulting and people defended him as if I tugged on Superman's Cape. Go figure! One A-kisser has his head so far up this other guy butt that he even defend this guy on an different topic discussion by stating this other poster's story was accurate as if he was there and he of course knows more than world medalist also because if his guy says these 2 world medalist are unwilling to change and were unnaturally strong and did not quite understand the subtlety of technical skills and the progressive nature of this sport,well, that just an accurate fact. No debate needed cause we would not want that on a open discussion on an open forum, that just might kill it!

I state this all as fact (not a subjective opinion) and I hope no thin skinned A-kisser's take offense because I would not want to kill this site for you, Roe.

Last edited by Lou Demas on December 28, 2010; edited 4 times in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next