Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Felipe Martinez
Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

They can't suspend them for only the 1st 4 games next year, the NCAA has ruled them ineligable to play the 1st 5 games.

OSU tried to do the right thing and was overruled by the NCAA. So now you think Tressel is a bad guy cause he won't add additional punishment to a punishment the university (as well as myself) already thinks is too harsh?

Are you just doing the obligatory trash talk, or do you really believe what you are saying? I can trash talk all day long, but if this is a sincere conversation I want no part of it.

Not to mention this has nothing to do with Felipe Martinez.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

I'm not sure how this got on this thread, but I'll say this... I agree with both of you guys.

How can something of MINE NOT be sold. Do I own these shoes, this computer, this Ohio State hat that I've had since my junior year in high school??? Yes, Then whose business is it if I sell it!? The same should be true of ANYTHING that is truly mine while I'm in college.

And here is where I agree with Gary... They should be suspended for the NEXT 5 games. Hell, make it 10!!! Actually, I say suspend them for a year. Maybe even kick them off the team. (My immediate thought was could they be going pro? BUT!!! I think the items and the "deal" went down last November. I could be wrong on that though.)

One statement brought up on a radio braodcast stated, how come THESE 18, 19 and 20 year old individuals can't figure out how to do the right thing, but other people their age are able to enter the military and get it? Why the double standard?

Oh, I get it. One is a cash cow and the other and expendable grunt. Gotcha.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

I apologize. I've been reading this forum for over 2 years and should know better than to get sucked down these side conversations. I'll go back to the topic. I wish Martinez well and hope he finds his wrestling groove again, and then signs with tOSU.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I'm not sure how this got on this thread, but I'll say this... I agree with both of you guys.

How can something of MINE NOT be sold. Do I own these shoes, this computer, this Ohio State hat that I've had since my junior year in high school??? Yes, Then whose business is it if I sell it!? The same should be true of ANYTHING that is truly mine while I'm in college.

And here is where I agree with Gary... They should be suspended for the NEXT 5 games. Hell, make it 10!!! Actually, I say suspend them for a year. Maybe even kick them off the team. (My immediate thought was could they be going pro? BUT!!! I think the items and the "deal" went down last November. I could be wrong on that though.)

One statement brought up on a radio braodcast stated, how come THESE 18, 19 and 20 year old individuals can't figure out how to do the right thing, but other people their age are able to enter the military and get it? Why the double standard?

Oh, I get it. One is a cash cow and the other and expendable grunt. Gotcha."

The problem is, if I understand correctly, they sold things they got as as result of being student/athletes. I am sure they could have sold a used car (assuming they did not get it from boosters), a stereo on eBay, a toaster oven that was a birthday present. But I think the rule reads something to the effect that they cannot profit from their affiliation with the school and/or athletic program. And this appears to be the items that were sold.

There has always been a double standards where athletes are concerned, and not just at Ohio State. One case is anywhere else one guy chokes another, as Robert Reynolds did to the Wisconsin QB a few years back and he gets indicted. In that case, I don't know if Tressel did anything to him.

Mike Leedy added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

I talked directly to a Clay wrestler this past Saturday and he told me that Martinez was NOT at Clay and that he heard he was at Genoa attending school and trying to become eligible to wrestle again by Jan 2011.

Sorry for the serious response.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Quote from Mike Leedy's post:

"
Sorry for the serious response."

How dare you respond to the actual topic Mike. Shame on you.

Hope to see him in the Genoa singlet. Has Genoa had a state Champ since Nick C ?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"So let me get this straight...Martinez is not wrestling this year because Pryor got a tat? Just trying to figure out how these threads get so off track :)

Anyway, I hope Martinez makes it back to the mat soon. I like his style and I've always thought he is the kind of kid that could function well at the next level."

I can tell why it's the thread killer a.k.a Gary Sommers. The dude turns every thread into something negative about OSU. Besides the players didnt sell the stuff their dads did with out their knowledge.

Quote from Greg Debbe's post:

"Hmmm...do I see "Tyrell Fortune, The Man, The Myth, The Legend" comment coming soon?"

This is the post that changed the direction of the thread even more.

Nice try, James. :(

Last edited by Gary Sommers on December 23, 2010; edited 1 time in total

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"You must know where a place is to transfer there!!!!! And unless he's looking for armpit hairs, he ain't finding it!!!

Actually, I love the Port, and wouldn't mind if he came. I won't jump for joy either way, really. A team is a team, and he'd have to conform to the rules just like everybody else.

YOU HEAR THAT FELIPE!?!?!?!?!?!?! I say again, I wouldn't mind if you came!!!

He he he..."

Is this a public school? Wouldn't he have to have a custodial parent or legal guardian living in the district?"

Yea Mark...so take that :-p Gary stepping on our OH honk dreams again. Have a drink Gary and let the guy play a little."

This is the post that changed the direction of the thread. Nice try, James.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

"

Quote from Mike Leedy's post:

"
Sorry for the serious response."

How dare you respond to the actual topic Mike. Shame on you.

Hope to see him in the Genoa singlet. Has Genoa had a state Champ since Nick C ?"

Nick Purdue was a state champ...

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

All I hope is that he gets back on mat. This is one of the states best and hope to see him in Columbus. Most likely a four timer as long as he gets things worked out. When I say in Columbus I mean as a Buckeye! Go Bucks!!!

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

Quote from Brian Morrow's post:

"All I hope is that he gets back on mat. This is one of the states best and hope to see him in Columbus. Most likely a four timer as long as he gets things worked out. When I say in Columbus I mean as a Buckeye! Go Bucks!!!"

How about if people just hope for him to attend the school that is the best fit for him athletically AND academically?

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

That university would be tOSU!

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"That university would be tOSU!"

So you're now his father? Him?

As I have said, Ohio State is fine but far from the end-all of American universities.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 25, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"That university would be tOSU!"

So you're now his father? Him?

As I have said, Ohio State is fine but far from the end-all of American universities."

You're just a bit schizophrenic if you think I'm Felipe's dad, or Felipe is going to decide what University he's going to based on this forum, this thread, and my post.

But if you are listening Felipe, there is no better university than tOSU! Go Bucks!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next