Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Felipe Martinez
Dan Ransick added to this discussion on December 21, 2010

Having searched the internet for numerous results for Martinez, I have found nothing on him yet for this year. Leaving me to wonder is he done wrestling?

I have results for Oregon Clay but none for him. I wonder if he's burnt out on wrestling? There were no signs of him over the off-season to my knowledge. This has to be one of the most bizzare situations that come to recent mind.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 21, 2010

Conspiracy Theory Boy posts...

"Has he worked out even one day with Clay? If not, can he transfer today to, oh I don't know, say... Oak Harbor?"

Conspiracy Theory Boy is done posting.

Antony Sharples added to this discussion on December 21, 2010

I wondered why nobody was talking or asking either. So I asked. People at Clay were very hush, hush, but I did finally get an answer.

He is at Clay. So far he is not wrestling. Personal reasons is what I have been told by parents of Clay wrestlers. I think we should all pray for the young man and his family that all turns out well for them. Good luck to him in anything he chooses.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 21, 2010

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Conspiracy Theory Boy posts...

"Has he worked out - even one day - with Clay? If not, can he transfer today to, oh I don't know, say... Oak Harbor?????????????"

Conspiracy Theory Boy is done posting."

I had heard he's actually transferring to Groveport Madison.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 22, 2010

You must know where a place is to transfer there!!! And unless he's looking for armpit hairs, he ain't finding it!!!

Actually, I love the Port, and wouldn't mind if he came. I won't jump for joy either way, really. A team is a team, and he'd have to conform to the rules just like everybody else.

YOU HEAR THAT, FELIPE?!?! I say again, I wouldn't mind if you came!!!

He he he...

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 22, 2010

"You must know where a place is to transfer there!!!!! And unless he's looking for armpit hairs, he ain't finding it!!!

Actually, I love the Port, and wouldn't mind if he came. I won't jump for joy either way, really. A team is a team, and he'd have to conform to the rules just like everybody else.

YOU HEAR THAT FELIPE!?!?!?!?!?!?! I say again, I wouldn't mind if you came!!!

He he he..."

Is this a public school? Wouldn't he have to have a custodial parent or legal guardian living in the district?

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"You must know where a place is to transfer there!!!!! And unless he's looking for armpit hairs, he ain't finding it!!!

YOU HEAR THAT FELIPE!?!?!?!?!?!?! I say again, I wouldn't mind if you came!!!

He he he..."

Is this a public school? Wouldn't he have to have a custodial parent or legal guardian living in the district?"

Yea Mark...so take that :-p Gary stepping on our OH honk dreams again. Have a drink Gary and let the guy play a little.

Greg Debbe added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Hmmm...do I see "Tyrell Fortune, The Man, The Myth, The Legend" comment coming soon?

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Quote from Greg Debbe's post:

"Hmmm...do I see "Tyrell Fortune, The Man, The Myth, The Legend" comment coming soon?"

No, I am in the Christmas spirit. :)

Do I get any credit for not piling onto the pathetic situation of selling memorabilia and then getting suspended for almost one-half a season, YET being able to play in the Sugar Bowl? LOL

Nothing like suspending guys who now most likely won't even be in college next season. Way to step up, SweaterVest.

Last edited by Gary Sommers on December 23, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

OSU did suspend them for the Sugar Bowl. The NCAA immediately reinstated them, and instead suspended them for 5 games the next year.

It's the hypocrosy called the NCAA that you should be ripping on.

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"OSU did suspend them for the Sugar Bowl. The NCAA immediately reinstated them, and instead suspended them for 5 games the next year.

It's the hypocrosy called the NCAA that you should be ripping on."

That might be true, but the NCAA cannot force a school/team to play guys in a game. Let's see if SweaterVest benches any of them.

And yes, the NCAA sets the tone for hypocrisy. NO doubt about that.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

Yes, OSU could still bench them. So you would advocate punishing them twice?

I would have no problem with them suspended from the Sugar Bowl, but not both the Sugar Bowl AND 5 games next year.

Unforunately, once again the NCAA shows what they are really about and the inconsistency in their punishments.

I'm not sure I understand why they can't sell something that is theirs? These items aren't on loan to them, they belong to and are the property of the players.

The tatoos for autographs is more clear and understandable.

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"Yes, OSU could still bench them. So you would advocate punishing them twice?

I would have no problem with them suspended from the Sugar Bowl, but not both the Sugar Bowl AND 5 games next year.

Unforunately, once again the NCAA shows what they are really about and the inconsistency in their punishments.

I'm not sure I understand why they can't sell something that is theirs? These items aren't on loan to them, they belong to and are the property of the players.

The tatoos for autographs is more clear and understandable."

No, it would be one punishment, starting with the next game and continuing for the next four games beyond that. So a five game suspension just like they have now, but starting with the next game and not the next season.

I realize it is a silly/stupid rule, but the fact is despite what the AD tried to spin there is NO way those guys were not completely aware of the rule. Heck, my HS senior knows that is a rule, much less an alleged Heisman candidate (truth is he never had a real chance of ever winning one, and now most likely is gone from college). They were just dumb, greedy kids who got busted.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 23, 2010

So let me get this straight...Martinez is not wrestling this year because Pryor got a tat? Just trying to figure out how these threads get so off track :)

Anyway, I hope Martinez makes it back to the mat soon. I like his style and I've always thought he is the kind of kid that could function well at the next level.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next