Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Discussion Topic: Buckeyes at Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on December 9, 2010

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"I've seen four of Colts matches this year and he does not seem to be able to keep his opponents off his legs. Colts style at 165 seemed to be more physical and upper body oriented. In fact a number of guys he has wrestled over the past three years have gone up to 174. Many of those he is facing at 157 have moved up in the last couple years from 149.Styles are much different and I don't think it's translating well. How many times in the last few years have you seen Colt shoot on his opponents legs? I saw him shoot once or twice on Hall and it was not effective."

I thought Sponseller's arm drag to a single has been an effective weapon for him against everyone but the very best for three-plus years now.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 9, 2010

Agreed, Michael. And if he didn't get the arm drag to a single, he went straight to an underhook to a snap down. (Every now and again he would use the underhook as a throw by to a single, but...) The second the snap down didn't work, he right into a high crotch.

That progression worked great and will continue to work great (IMO). We've all known that mat wrestling is the issue, coaches and Colt included.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on December 11, 2010

Finally watched the match with Hall, not as discouraging a loss as I may have anticipated. Colt is going to have wrestlers get to his legs as he is aggressive and moves forward. The things that worked against him were wasted time in the scramble and giving up too clean of a shot. I know that he lost badly in consis but brain farts are part of wrestling. Hopefully he adjusts. After I watched the video, I had the feeling he was making progress despite getting beat at some positions.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5